Squad Members cannot dock at my FC

Hey all,

I've set my FC to only allow docking to members of my Squadron. However, one of the squad is trying to dock now but gets "Docking denied". Are we missing something obvious in the Carrier settings? It's set to "Squadron Only" and thought that'd be it.

I only formed the Squadron today, membership was applied for and granted by me.

Scoob.

Notoriety?

Good thought, but clean as a whistle. I'm just checking the "Manage Ranks" tab in Squadron Management to see if there's something there that influences docking.

It wouldn't be some quirk of an Epic account vs. an original Frontier account would it? Mine is an original Frontier account, the squad member in question is one of the freeloa...erm, new Epic account members. I recall reading that some were struggling to Multi-Crew with these guys, so maybe it's linked somehow?

Scoob.

Hmm, we're still stuck. I've tried everything I can, settings seem to be set just how I want them - Squadron only - but the new Squad member cannot dock.

While my carrier has always been open to anyone docking, I don't know if any other Players ever have.

Scoob.

There's probably a server folder that holds a list of names of commanders which other services, such as Squadrons, multi-crew etc. tap into. With so many new commanders being generated very quickly at the moment (and I've just added a third account), the system server is probably overloaded.

There's probably a server folder that holds a list of names of commanders which other services, such as Squadrons, multi-crew etc. tap into. With so many new commanders being generated very quickly at the moment (and I've just added a third account), the system server is probably overloaded.

I did wonder if it was some sort of lag verifying squadron membership or something.

Squadron members had same problem; exit to Main Menu and starting again fixed it. Was at Kuk when it happened.

Have exited game and returned numerous times now, no luck.

It's interesting, when a Squadron member approached the FC, it says "This carrier is currently accepting docking requests" , but then it doesn't lol.

Scoob.

I did wonder if it was some sort of lag verifying squadron membership or something.

Have exited game and returned numerous times now, no luck.

It's interesting, when a Squadron member approached the FC, it says "This carrier is currently accepting docking requests" , but then it doesn't lol.

Scoob.
Did you exit the launcher also? Many problems persist when only quitting the game, but restarting the launcher fixes them.

Did you dust off your router? If it's neither, start praying ;)

I have had the problem from the start on XBox. Had to add the whole squad as friends and set access to squad and friends or they cannot dock.

BUGS!

I just said something along those lines on Discord.

@Scoob, deffo try this.

Urgh, I don't want all my Friends to have access, I've set it to "Squad only" for a reason. Hmm, I might unfriend this Commander for the time being lol.

Scoob.

Did you exit the launcher also? Many problems persist when only quitting the game, but restarting the launcher fixes them.

Did you dust off your router? If it's neither, start praying ;)

Yeah, fully exited everything. Next step was a reboot of the PC!

Edit: if I allow "All" docking, then the other Commander can dock just fine. I reckon it's a rookie programming error on FDev's part - I'm going to unfriend then we can test again with "Squadron Only".

Scoob.

Last edited:
That didn't work. As the other commander was a Friend and a Squad Member, I unfriended them, so now they're JUST a squad member. Didn't work, they still can't dock.

This feature is broken, plain and simple. I JUST want Squad members to be able to dock, so I chose the "Squadron Only" option, makes sense right? It doesn't work though. Sure, I might be able to set "Squadron AND Friends" and they'd be able to dock, but that's NOT what I want.

Scoob.

Well, looks like it's broken. I have to set "Squadron and Friends" to allow them to dock. However, I do indeed just want Squadron members to be allowed to dock and use services. Should I bug report this?

Scoob.

Yeah it's broke. You can only allow friends to land. And squad members have to be on your friends list

It's really annoying. I was hoping that Squad members and friends wouldn't be so closely linked - I want to give special privilidges to Squad members, discounts on Goods, cheaper service fee, hence why I wanted "Squadron Only" in the first place. How long has this been broken? Since the start?

Scoob.

Top Bottom