ED on Epic Games

Question: I already have one Frontier account with ED+Horizons and I use email address X to login. I use this same email X to login to EGS.
To use the Epic ED as an alt account, I think I need a new Frontier account with new email, Y.

Now, Do I need to change my EGS email to Y as well?

I FIGURED IT OUT, if you cant get the link account pop-up (for me at least) it worked to open my vpn (i reccommend ProtonVPN as its free to use and pretty fast imo) and connect to any vpn server and then start the game through epic games and closing the epic games launcher emidiately

How LONG is as soon as possible. I mean seriously... They tell Epic it's okay to give it to us for free THEN WE CAN'T PLAY IT??? Why give it away? Its like telling someone you can have sex with them then the last minute pulling away and saying nah... I know I shouldn't complain because I got it for free but its not good form. They should have been prepared for this. Like test the software and servers and whatnot before doing a drop like this. Happened the same way when Epic gave GTA V away for free. Had to wait two days on that because all those people wanting copies. The servers weren't prepared for it. These companies get paid to make games and have their "techies" doing crap but are they really doing it right or are they just half assing it because they make all that money. Sorry for the rant but its a problem when that happens.

wanneer ik het opstartprogramma wil starten, krijg ik dit bericht Failed to synchronise time with server. The application will now exit. This is most likely to be a temporary network or server issue. Please check your connection to the Internet. If you have not run the launcher for a long time you should also check for a newer version in case this one has been superseded

So has this been fixed, I tried unlink my steam account didnt help, tried to log out on website and log out of launcher, still can not get in to the game
I am using the same email on EPIC, i see EPIC is still linked to frontier Auth Service and elite dangerous

Last edited:
21000 views on this post in 3 days i think the game is gonna crash if they ever fix the log in problem

20 min later its now 22000 people viewed this post

Last edited:
It's still not fixed 🙄. Worked like a charm for a couple of days till yesterday, but since today..... nada. Launching ED launcher via Epic launcher works and get's me logged in, but clicking "Play" does nothing. Server status is ok.

Steam is not linked to neither Epic nor Frontier account nor the other way around.
Epic says "ED is linked": https://www.epicgames.com/account/connections
Frontier says "nothing linked": https://www.frontierstore.net/frontier_partnerkeys/thirdparty/

Verify game files in Epic Games launcher runs without error. (And auto-update is enabled there....)
Verify game files in Elite Launcher complains about manifest checksum.
Update-Check in Elite Launcher says "up to date".

There also is a related post here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/cant-login-with-ed-launcher.559047/

Edit: and another related one: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/epic-games-accounts-rules-considerations.558787/

Last edited:
So i got the free game on Epic and since then iv been getting about 5+ login disconnects or random errors and game just closes. I launch the Epic app , scanned / verify game files for updates, then click play from the Frontier launcher. Anyone else havvin issues or am i the only one lol.

How can we choose the language we want to play if our chosen language is different at system language?
If we try to play Elite Dangerous from Epic Store throught Nvidia GeforceNow, there is impossible to put it in another language, since game appears to have not a selector!.

A real pain, when Frontier did so much wondeful job with translation, voices included.

November 26 and this problem still continues, this afternoon I have not been able to play and I have been trying for 4 hours
I have been waiting 4 days to play, I downloaded last sunday and can not get passed launcher, i click play and nothing happens

Top Bottom