ED on Epic Games

I see, in options before click to "Play" in the "newspaper" at the beginning... but under GeforceNow simply the menu doesn't deploys!... so we can't choose the language!...
I'm gonna report this to geforceNow service...

For some reason, I try to link Steam (don`t ask), unlink returned the launch
Screenshot_2.png

So I've got an unusual version of this problem (I think).

I can get ED working from the desktop icon just fine, but then I'm trying to launch using Dr. Kaii's ED Profiler, and have it linked to the right folder.... but when I try to run it from there it always asks for a code, and when I enter it it says need to register/authorize the account or whatever... and never lets me do it.

i bought my game with horizon pass from steam when first released,never had a problem,feel sorry for epic free loaders,why didnt you invest in it before,still hope you make it,sorry for being snarky

Just bought a game at Steam. I still can't play online. I did everything according to the instructions. The game and its support are completely sucks(n). Return the money.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Just bought a game at Steam. I still can't play online. I did everything according to the instructions. The game and its support are completely sucks(n). Return the money.
Aside from the fact this is a thread about Epic, not Steam. And you can't request a refund on the forum. I find it quite surprising that you think the support suck, as they are widely regarded as on of the best teams. Did you submit a ticket? https://customersupport.frontier.co.uk/hc/en-us

Still have not been able to play funny thing is EPIC says i have played for 7 hours , I guess it has been 7 hours trying to launch the game ;p

My friends got the game on EGS but they got a lot of problem and want to migrate to steam (and keep their commander)
is there a way ? (even buying the game would'nt mind them, they love it)

So I've got an unusual version of this problem (I think).

I can get ED working from the desktop icon just fine, but then I'm trying to launch using Dr. Kaii's ED Profiler, and have it linked to the right folder.... but when I try to run it from there it always asks for a code, and when I enter it it says need to register/authorize the account or whatever... and never lets me do it.

I picked up the game on EGS and I also noticed if I open the launcher directly, it doesn't 'see' that I'm entitled to the game, despite linking my Epic account to my Frontier account, signing in, etc. Opening the launcher directly doesn't pass any of the Epic path variables like the EGS launcher would do. It seems the launcher has some built in logic to circumvent the standard ED:F eligibility check for accounts but only if launched from Epic.

Like you, I was also having the same error messages about needing to purchase a copy of the game, and being forced to enter one-time codes which did nothing, despite clearly having the game linked.

Fortunately after a few days of playing, I noticed the game was on sale for almost nothing on Steam, so I picked it up off there - works fine, as you'd expect. A little bit of a shuffle unlinking my EGS and associating my Steam account with my Frontier account, but I was able to do it without Frontier support intervention.

This issue is still going strong, any chance of someone actually fixing this maybe this year....2021? Is it all Epic? Can you even tell us anything? Getting pretty old.

Top Bottom