ANNOUNCEMENT Game Balancing

I'm not understanding one thing from the in-game market with their prices from other stations. For example, in the same system there were 2 stations. My friend went to station A and checked the price and Painite was 234k each. On the right side it was saying that the station B was paying 444k each. He went to station B and when he got there he was seeing the same price as station A ... why is the market displaying values that are not right?
1606737095884.png

And once you get to that point where credits DON'T matter, the sandbox truly opens up and you can then focus on what you WANT to do, instead of what you NEED to do to cover the bills. As for those who WANT to buy carriers AND maintain their upkeep...well, you brought that onto yourselves.
Is poverty in your opinion freedom?

i think so mining should be over profitable, the freedom of a person just not to do what he does not want ... show me a person who is really crazy about mining? seriously show me at least one miner in real life who is high? don't like mining don't do it why others have to suffer, what kind of fascism?

Last edited:
Hi all,

Just to throw in my tuppence worth - I think it will take a lot more than a few tweaks to prices of commodities to rebalance the game. When someone can go from Sidewinder to Anaconda or bigger, fully kitted and well engineered in less than one day of play then that suggests the game isn't well balanced in many ways.

Anyway, grinding for credits is only one way to play the game, there's plenty of fun to be had without leaving the small pads ;)

Cheers :)

Functionality, innovation, supply a need with a modern function! Or, I guess, go NERF something that benefits no one, suits no real need for actual game play mechanics and brining this game into the modern world of AAA games. And I can say, pretty confidently, that Odyssey is not going to be the answer.

People are just gona say that you shouldn't play this game if you don't like it.

I understood how ED is called a 'sandbox game': When things like reason, arguments, imagination, making sense and improving the game are too much to ask of peoples mental capacities, they simply bully you out of the sanbox so that they can continue to grind. It works like that with the whole world, not only with games.

Buenas, puedo entender que limiten los precios, pero lo que no entiendo, y creo que es un error aun peor de frontier, sino una burla, es que concentren las existencias de minerales a solo unos pocos sistemas, con la llegada de los Carriers, te abre la galaxia para la minería en gran escala lejos de la burbuja, el problema es que lo único que logras buscando sistemas con anillo pristinos, es perder el tiempo, ya que hasta el momento, en todos, bajas a prospectar y es un fastidio encontrar de todo menos del mineral que se supone tiene la zona caliente, o zonas dobles de extracción y te pasas media hora prospectando para encontrar un solo asteroide todo piñufla, nerfearon sistemas que eran buenas alternativas y encontrabas cantidades decente de mineral y ahora no encuentras nada , o otros tipos de mineral,en una zona de Benitoita doble encontré tritio, Alejandrita y otras cosas, menos, adivinen que ?, yo creo que ya deben parar la chacota y ponerse serios, saludos

Come on Fleet Carriers and endless whining that "everyone" "must" get one immediately.
That's whe it all went full poopoo, and obnoxious exploit levels suddenly became the 'norm' folk became to expect and even to demand.

Now that FDEV, all too late, tries to bring some sort of semblance of balance back, the cattle react with autistic "!! NERF!! BOOHOO!!" without even trying to look around and appreciate other possibilities that may have suddenly become 'viable*'.

*they were always there, but the sheep just wants to exploit and get everything NOW

The "POOPOO" was that the F___ C(ommoners) really did F___ the Commoners, the people like me that believed the hype that you can do whatever you want Solo Scourge of the Galaxy, or Lewis and Clark in a wing, or J.Paul Getty and Family, or the Jeff Bezos of interstellar trade.
But the F___ C(ommoners) dumps have destroyed Wing and PG. The basic things needed to do everything except be a Ganker in Open Play.

Since I don't think things can get much worse and there is all this DEV anger about "exploits", Here is the newest exploit.
Find a good Tritium Rock.
Mine it to depletion.
Log out and wait about 2 hours.
Log back in and mine it again.
I have done it five times back to back and to me it got BOOOORRRRING!!!!!
Dav's Hope got BOORRIINNGG!!
The Guardian Sites NEVER GOT BORRRRIINNGGG because, while you really were not in that much danger if your ship(s) had Point Defense, you still got some Adrenalin pumping dodging shots from the Sentinels.

Good point. You're saying exactly what I mean: in this game or any other "like minded" play the role you want. Though I don't like the combat in ED I do agree the rewards for it are in dire need of a buff. But I don't get the argument "mining is too profitable and that's bad for the game."
If any one thing pays many times more than all other activities people will do that as the easy option because popular culture tells us to follow the money and greed is good, this is bad for the game because it will give the impression the game is all about that activity.

It should be possible to get equally rich doing anything in the game for similar amounts of play time that won’t happen while mining pays ‘x‘ times more than the other activities.

71 pages later - what's the verdict?
The verdict is the thread has just been killed as someone has resorted to using Steam Numbers.

Other than that the changes have (gone too far/not gone far enough) therefore the game is (doomed/fine) but all could be saved if we (could buy credits in the shop/could automate everything).

So pretty much normal.

After the draconian nerf to mining what has happened to the balance ? seems the scales have went heavy in one direction with zero work being done else where .....
you take away and give nothing back doesn't seem like a fair balance for your customers ...
Which is what you would expect after only one part of the balance program has happened, they said they were going to change one activity and assess if that had done what they planned then change another activity.

Please don’t downgrade draconian that way a draconian nerf would have been much more savage.

Which is what you would expect after only one part of the balance program has happened, they said they were going to change one activity and assess if that had done what they planned then change another activity.

Please don’t downgrade draconian that way a draconian nerf would have been much more savage.
kinda is ..they said painite will be 600000 per ton instead we get 230000

You can't be serious, right? Though I didn't play the last weeks, I promise you to find easily more than just one "Tritium rock" in two hours, even with dark sun glasses. Or how long do you need to deplete a single asteroid?
I said 2 hours because that is the shortest time between logouts and login I managed since I play in a WING in PG (BOTH BROKEN BADDLY BY THE F____ C(ommoners) dumps) and between having a life outside the game and having to spend an hour just getting both ships logged into PG and then into Wing, 2 hours was the shortest time I know for sure.

The rock I found was 24.79% Tritium with 3 Subsurface.
One ship (the prospecting ship) doing the Subsurface (usually getting 3-5 fragments) and the other doing laser with both collecting X 2,,, I could get 11-12 tons in 12-15 minutes.

I also verified that there are still "clusters" of 5-7 rocks that light up, and as I noted, the color/brightness/shape are mostly irrelevant since they all have recoverable amounts of Tritium, and all of them will regenerate in that 2 hr time (probably less if I was to solo but that would double the collection time)

I said I got BOOORRREEEDDDD so all I did was verified the regeneration.
So, Someone could sit in a cluster.
Mine the 5-7 rocks to depletion.
Log out and log in.
And do it again probably faster than you can find new rocks.

collecting X 2,,, I could get 11-12 tons in 12-15 minutes.
[...]
all of them will regenerate in that 2 hr time (probably less if I was to solo but that would double the collection time)

Ok, so getting 12t of Tritium every 2 hours --- 4 hours if you have only one ship --- is an exploit. Playing two ships at the same time in your personal wing is not an exploit?

I said I got BOOORRREEEDDDD

I guess it's not the right game for you and you better play something else.

SCNR

Top Bottom