ANNOUNCEMENT Game Balancing

As a newbie (216 hrs) I believe it is worth getting into. I can understand Odyessy has been very lackluster and had/has a few annoying issues, but I honestly can't understand why so many people are acting like the game is unplayable since Odyessy came out.

It is a difficult game to get into since it requires a lot of patience, grinding and punishing trial and error. Each activity is like starting the game all over again. Learning how to properly mine, trade, engage in combat, explore, carry passengers, climb power ranks... it all requires a lot of effort, patience and a lot of trial and error. But it can be rewarding. But I think the point of the game is in the grind itself. Don't expect instant gratification.

As for Odyessy, for the most part its a bit of repetitive pew pew that brings in some credits, but hey, don't like it yet, don't play that element of it.

And BTW if you pay for something and get over 200hrs of entertainment out of it.. that's al good deal!

Nah.
Demand should be global.
Do you want best price? So be fast enough. Or be content by mid range price :)
I recommend it to you! If it has errors but they don't let you down, the fps drop in several settlements but that drop is not constant, it is not unplayable as they say, outside the settlements it works great, it works quite well, and more with the latest updates, you can play it and enjoy it quietly, apart from getting to know it

I play Odyssey on a laptop for a couple hours every evening. I play mostly in space (not on the ground) and don't use VR. Given that... I'd highly recommend it. Very few issues, improved menus, beautiful graphics and the same ED game play as Horizon, just better. For ground play, there is certainly a frame rate issue that may keep others from playing, but I enjoy it.

Can you advise whether it makes sense to start playing elite dangerous now? I have never played this type of space games and I don't know if it's worth starting.
I would say definitely it's worth buying now. Definitely worth getting the Odyssey expansion as well. You hear a fair bit of doom and gloom but that's more about people not getting what they want rather than it having serious playability issues.
I play pretty much every day and I really enjoy it. There are still some bugs and I think a lot of things need balancing but that's a never ending story with all online games these days.
When Odyssey dropped it was a real hot mess. A lot of work has been done and I would argue this demonstrates a commitment to the game. I would recommend jumping in and seeing how you get on. As a new player there will be loads of things to get on with even if you struggle with certain aspects. As you learn about the game and gather more things, in tandem with ongoing improvements, you will find stuff you previously struggled with become more accessible.
I've been playing for well over two years and still have loads of things to do, achievements to gain, skills to develop, places to go and storylines to follow. So yes, I would very much recommend the game to a new player.
o7, Cmdr Aos_Si

I'm still waiting for non-pew gameplay that's worth playing. Maybe in a few years at this rate.
Honestly, if you are after seven years still waiting for gameplay you enjoy you might want to consider the possibility that this game isn't really your thing. The good news is there are many, many other great games out there and so will surely be right up your alley.

Top Bottom