ANNOUNCEMENT Game Balancing Pt.2

Here is the result of my test run. I killed an AspX and a Viper to net 1 million credits. I like it.

Bounties.jpg

Did you read that you can’t trust what you see on the screen before you kill him? When he is dead you’ll be able to see the correct amount on your nav panel. It’s intended while they are adjusting.
yes... i take the mission to kill a pirat for 2,3 mil... and i got 2,3 mil... so no change

Bounties
Bounties from NPCs will see significant increases from approximately four times as much for the highest paying ones to ten times as much for the lower paying ones. Please note that the number of credits shown immediately in your HUD when you destroy a criminal ship won't display the newly increased amounts. This will need to wait until we're certain of the final numbers. Accurate bounty figures can be found in the Transactions tab in your left panel.

Thoroughly welcome. I just wish they'd done this before or after the community goal that depends upon these values as it makes it easy for anyone joining the CG now to wipe out a lot of hard work that myself and other commanders put in to push themselves up the leader-board there.

I dont see the diference befor and after combat balance ??? Its same... killing the pirate for "elite" rating was about 2-2,5 mil, and its same now ... So what is changes ?
I have never seen any NPC pirate with a bounty that high, are you confusing bounty with mission payment?

A 30 min in a Haz Rez run got me 11.6M Credits without a Kill Warrant Scanner. Nowhere near the levels of core mining, and still not a worthwhile money making option imo. (Using D2EA Cucumber Build and Most of my targets were Condas, Pythons, Clippers and Cutters.).

Even with a Kill Warrant Scanner, surely it wouldnt increase the Cr/h that much. Anyone else done timed runs with a KWS?

Still feels just too low for it to be a serious money maker tbh.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this but I'm going to keep suggesting this...

let us bring in wanted NPC pilots alive for a considerably large payout compared to normal combat.

Give wanted ships the ability to jettison an escape pod prior to their ship destruction. Then you would need to scoop up and bring to authority contact at a station ( or prison ship ) for a large credit bonus. If the escape pod gets destroyed, you would just get the normal payout for the kill.

This would be an exciting way to give players more choice, better reward combat risk, and in general make the combat loop more interesting.

A 30 min run got me 11.6M Credits without a Kill Warrant Scanner. Nowhere near the levels of core mining, and still not a worthwhile money making option imo. (Using D2EA Cucumber Build and Most of my targets were Condas, Pythons, Clippers and Cutters.).

Even with a Kill Warrant Scanner, surely it wouldnt increase the Cr/h that much. Anyone else done timed runs with a KWS?

Still feels just too low for it to be a serious money maker tbh.
30 minute run where?

Based on the testing, bounties are really balanced and combat is now viable. Only thing what maybe needs to tweaked up is Kill Warrant Scanner. It kinda feels lackluster right now with the new changes.

I find this tidbit weird. So that means the number displayed on the HUD upon the kill is not just directly the sum of the target's bounty? There's probably a reason for this, but I don't get the logic behind it :D
No one here would happen to have guesses why it works this way by any chance?
Seems perfectly logical to me. Since we're talking about NPCs, they are generated locally in your client, and the displayed number must be as well. Thus changing that number will require a client update, which they'd rather not do more often than they need to.

The information in your transaction tab, on the other hand, comes from the transaction server. Frontier can adjust that any time they want by making changes server-side.

@CMDR Xerix

I've been using a KWS on my 'vette for a few months now. I've found that I basically doubled my bounty earnings with it.

I plan on doing a substantial test after work today to see how much more I can make for a typical session now.

Greetings Commanders,

Last week we posted this announcement about our plans for game balancing. Make sure to give it a read for information on the changes that were implemented last week and an overview of our plans.

A lot has happened in the short amount of time since then. We've collected and analysed your feedback and are happy to confirm that Anti-Xeno combat and Powerplay (the most frequent topics in your replies) will be part of our long term plans as well as many other aspects of Elite Dangerous that were mentioned. On Monday we rolled out the Mining and Trade changes described in the post and made some adjustments which we'll continue to examine and tweak as necessary. For now, they seem to have had the expected impact but your continued feedback is welcome.

This past week we've been discussing and preparing the combat changes described in our previous post. The following changes can be expected later today alongside a GalNet article:

Bounties
Bounties from NPCs will see significant increases from approximately four times as much for the highest paying ones to ten times as much for the lower paying ones. Please note that the number of credits shown immediately in your HUD when you destroy a criminal ship won't display the newly increased amounts. This will need to wait until we're certain of the final numbers. Accurate bounty figures can be found in the Transactions tab in your left panel.

Solo Combat Missions
We're also increasing the payouts for Massacre and Assassination missions. Several economic factors affect the pay offered, but we expect these to grant around twice as many credits as before. For now, we've opted not to change Wing Massacre Missions following reports of consistently high payouts from these but we remain open to feedback.

For both Bounties and Solo Combat Missions, the changes will be carefully examined throughout the following days and weeks to review their effects and allows time for feedback.

Next Steps
Next, we'd like to carry out plans to improve the pay from other elements of Combat, including Combat Bonds and Anti-Xeno combat. More information on these can be expected soon in a post similar to this one. The changes are likely to happen before the end of this year and are likely to be the final ones before 2021 where we'll continue by moving onto other areas of gameplay.

Thanks as always for your support and feedback!

o7
Such great news! Now if only the NPC AI got a skill increase. You once implemented a fantastic enhanced AI and it was sad to see it get scrapped.

I think the amount of kills you need in massacred missions should also be adjusted. 52 kills for 20 million is pretty bad. Reducing the kill count about 25% would be so much better.

I'm looking forward to this but I'm going to keep suggesting this...

let us bring in wanted NPC pilots alive for a considerably large payout compared to normal combat.

Give wanted ships the ability to jettison an escape pod prior to their ship destruction. Then you would need to scoop up and bring to authority contact at a station ( or prison ship ) for a large credit bonus. If the escape pod gets destroyed, you would just get the normal payout for the kill.

This would be an exciting way to give players more choice, better reward combat risk, and in general make the combat loop more interesting.
Or feed them to a Thargoid.

Sounds like a Previously fixed exploit has slipped back in.
No, they never fixed the fact you could hand in Market goods for Mining missions. In fact someone at Fdev said its supposed to be that way I was told.
What has happend is that the increase to the average price of Metals and Minerals had a nock on effect of increasing Cargo Delivery and Mining Missions payouts into the Max pay bracket. That and being able to just buy the ore for the Mining missions makes it easy to get 1000t of bertranandite or whatever ore you need to buy, then hand it in for the Mining mission. add in the fact that in a wing you split the amount need by 4 and even deliveries of 1000t to small pads only need one trip each.
Where before you would have made 1 or 2 mil now you make 50mil per mission.
50mil per mission is fine I think, if you have to spend time mining for the ore. Though not fine if all you do is jump one system and buy it for 1-4mil and make 46-49Mil.

A sensible tweak is to make Mining Missions the same as Mining CGs. Only mined ore counts.
I havent done many Cargo Deliveries myself, since Balance pass #1, so cant say if they need a tweak or not.

Though mining missions certainly do.
And to be fair wings payouts need a look at some point. sharing a mission should mean sharing the reward not everyone gets 100% of the reward. If I share a Pizza, four new pizzas don't magically appear. I wish they did though :)
Trade dividend and Combat dividends, should come from the creator of the wing, as a share of his profits, not from a magical bank somewhere.
Never should an activity cause the activity counter of a mission to go down across all shared missions. Such as wing Massacre missions. killing one enemy ship should = 1 mission counted kill and not 4 counted kills for one mission. As well as Definitely not 1 counted across 4 missions. So too making a wing and then killing in separate instances should mean, if it doesn't already(im not sure), the kills you make only count to your mission.

Last edited:
Top Bottom