Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

It looks like its does because of the gun designer and manufacturer ingame having a interest in old 'Banu' ( alien, well not human ) weapon design that has a more artistic flair on top of mere functionality.
But that's just it: the supposed gun is designed in such a way as to have no functionality. Unless it's actually a hair dryer. But at least being alien would explain why the design is pretty odd for a hair dryer.

e: Also, I'm not sure the Banu even have hair.

Take any modern gun and say travel back to 1870's, any competent gunsmith would quite soon understand its workings. If you explain what cartridge is and what it does, you could take it back way back in time and professional gunsmith would understand its workings.

Here is a full description and the reason lorewise for the weapon ingame. ( I enjoyed the read anyways, very flavoursum I thought ).
ps I have a Salvo ingame and jolly good fun it is might I say.
edit, grammar ... again :)

And if gun is designed to be human usable ergonomics are kind of important. Thats why modern weapons look in that regards pretty similar. As humans ARE pretty similar.

BTW. Fragmenting casing is about last thing you want to happen in irl gun. Case has certain very important task, it provides gas seal for gun. And as it is forced against chamber walls case fragments would not come out of barrel, but rather stuck in chamber inhibiting continued operation..

Last edited:
Hey hasnt anyone mentioned the new ship from manufacturer Consolidated Outland , the 'Nomad' ? I have one, because it does what I want it to do and it closely resembles my old beloved Asp Scout .
Obviously this thread is TLDNR all the posts, so dont know if the ship has been discussed.

Last edited:
Oh man, they just found something new to bash. Don’t ruin their fun.
It's actually very old. You'd know this if you had any interest in the topic of the thread as opposed to obsessing over the people posting in it.

Here is a full description and the reason lorewise for the weapon ingame. ( I enjoyed the read anyways, very flavoursum I thought ).
ps I have a Salvo ingame and jolly good fun it is might I say.
The lore is even more unfamiliar with the topic and researched than the art. It just makes the whole thing even worse. :ROFLMAO:

It's actually very old. You'd know this if you had any interest in the topic of the thread as opposed to obsessing over the people posting in it.
I’m sorry man, I’m not here as much as you are. Just saw it now in the recent posts. My apologies if I offended you in any way

I’m sorry man, I’m not here as much as you are.
Yes you are. :ROFLMAO:

And if you weren't, how do you figure it's even remotely a sane and sensible idea to make sweeping assumptions and assertions about other people out of nowhere? You can't have it both ways here (nor neither): either you're familiar enough with the thread that you knew very well that you were lying, or you're deliberately being a presumptive rear end and just trolling. Those are your only two options. Pick one.

Yes you are. :ROFLMAO:

And if you weren't, how do you figure it's even remotely a sane and sensible idea to make sweeping assumptions and assertions about other people out of nowhere? You can't have it both ways here (nor neither): either you're familiar enough with the thread that you knew very well that you were lying, or you're deliberately being a presumptive rear end and just trolling. Those are your only two options. Pick one.
To be frank, I was telling you in a friendly way something I can’t say here, but, totally honest, no, I didn’t know that gun came up here before. I’m not here as much as you think.

my hopesanddreams.txt.....

the first one for sure, doesnt happen to me often, but sometimes you get out of a ship and for whatever reason you can't get back in because the entry point is just out of reach. hopefully you can use the tractor beam to pull yourself up to the entry point.

and..... and this is a big and.... you can shoot open doors on ships with a rifle or whatever. when the doors open, they dont really open all the way. so hoping this will let you get up to the partially open door. or like in the case of the freelancer, where the is an entry point on the top that easy to shoot open, it makes it possible to get on top of landed ships. at least the smaller ones. some people really might not like this when it becomes clear the underhanded uses it might open.

to the second point. hoping the extend the amount of time cargo lasts after you blow up the ship that was carrying the cargo. if you blow up a full caterpillar right now, it drops a bunch of cargo boxes, but they despawn rather quickly. before when the cargo didn't despawn instantly, it was quite tedious to pick up all the boxes. the tractor beam will/could make it much easier.

realistically though, i am looking forward to the new and innovative ways the tractor beam will bug out.

use tractor beam; instantly rocket through the ground to the center of the planet.

stuff like that.

Just think though, it could be the new rocket jump. Perfect for impromptu piracy. Best of all worlds ;)

Top Bottom