ANNOUNCEMENT Game Balancing Pt.2

Several? Maybe, but 1 year sounds fair for mobile base, which can transport whole your fleet and friends 500ly away in 15 minutes :)
yes one year seems fine to me too. especially if you play the game at a pace where you have a good amount of stuff and friends, you dont need to rush at all in the current game which i like, I met people who said they spent years ingame to get a conda which i know i would have never gotten it if that was still the case, the faster pase of the game is not a bad thing in my opinion, I see many players who have gotten most or all things in the game doing BGS. The issue i see is the player that only grind to get everything credits can buy and then either quit the game since they got everything, I can see some players not even getting that deep into the game to unlock engineers or get involved in BGS.

Yep - you cannot please everyone.

I'm looking at progression for newer players (not myself) to be in balance with ship progression and credit earning. If you cannot play for 1 hour per week (to fund carrier upkeep) then you're not really an active player anyway.

Let's not forget that the game used to pay far far less per hour for CMDRs in the past, and the game wasn't in anyway crippled. It just meant that progress was slower.

I think we can all agree that mining pays far too much for the risk and skill involved. And bounty hunting still pays pennies compared to it.

That's not balance.
Well, maybe we should say that it is necessary to raise the reward of the killers of players and bounty hunters? Why not kill all mining? Mining now looks like, I don't know what ... they promised a price of 600, but in the end ... And all because of people like Hell and you ...

Yep - you cannot please everyone.

I'm looking at progression for newer players (not myself) to be in balance with ship progression and credit earning. If you cannot play for 1 hour per week (to fund carrier upkeep) then you're not really an active player anyway.

Let's not forget that the game used to pay far far less per hour for CMDRs in the past, and the game wasn't in anyway crippled. It just meant that progress was slower.

I think we can all agree that mining pays far too much for the risk and skill involved. And bounty hunting still pays pennies compared to it.

That's not balance.
yes payment still doesnt look like balace, for one Crime also pays to bad for the risk as far as i know.
but i think bounties should differ in areas, for example a rise site shouldnt have insane high bounties for little effort Haz res pirates arent that strong as i have noticed myself and those form assasination or massacre signal sources are way stronger, my Krait has no issues in a Haz res unless i mess up completely ( build it for that to happen so its more fun) but when i attempt a High ranked assasination mission or drop into a massacre mission signal source it usually dies quite fast.

Well, maybe we should say that it is necessary to raise the reward of the killers of players and bounty hunters? Why not kill all mining? Mining now looks like, I don't know what ... they promised a price of 600, but in the end ... And all because of people like Hell and you ...

25m credits per hour is not a small amount. It's enough to earn all the ships in the game, and even earn a carrier if you're a long-term play looking for a credit sink when you've bought all the ships you want. I remember having over a billion credits in the bank with NOTHING to spend it on (before carriers were a thing).

I went from a Vulture to a python (pre-Horizons) via bounty hunting at around 2-3m credits per hour. It took forever. Too long I admit. But man was happy when I finally bought the Python. It felt like a milestone and, more importantly, it felt like I had earned it.

Now, I'm not saying well all go back to earning 2-3m credits per hour – not at all. But the way the game is setup (ship/module prices), earning 200m credits per hour isn't right either.

I think whatever the devs do, a cap of 50m per hour should be the TOP TOP earner. Anymore and it takes away so much for new players. They will not 'earn' ships, they will be gifted them. And that will make some players get a conda, then quit. The future of the game is better with more players in it - and this balance should look to foster this.

25m credits per hour is not a small amount. It's enough to earn all the ships in the game, and even earn a carrier if you're a long-term play looking for a credit sink when you've bought all the ships you want. I remember having over a billion credits in the bank with NOTHING to spend it on (before carriers were a thing).

I went from a Vulture to a python (pre-Horizons) via bounty hunting at around 2-3m credits per hour. It took forever. Too long I admit. But man was happy when I finally bought the Python. It felt like a milestone and, more importantly, it felt like I had earned it.

Now, I'm not saying well all go back to earning 2-3m credits per hour – not at all. But the way the game is setup (ship/module prices), earning 200m credits per hour isn't right either.

I think whatever the devs do, a cap of 50m per hour should be the TOP TOP earner. Anymore and it takes away so much for new players. They will not 'earn' ships, they will be gifted them. And that will make some players get a conda, then quit. The future of the game is better with more players in it - and this balance should look to foster this.
yes if people unlock ships to fast they will probably just quit, there may also be some that would then actually do some Roleplaying for which this game has a nice setting in my opinion. but yes get stuff to fast and the game wouldnt be fun for many but make it to slow and it wont be for many either, I once mined a lot on my old save getteing a fully equiped conda after a few mining trips after finding out about it which was at about 200 hours ingame. Now several hundreds of hours later after a reset i go it slower and have fun.

yes if people unlock ships to fast they will probably just quit, there may also be some that would then actually do some Roleplaying for which this game has a nice setting in my opinion. but yes get stuff to fast and the game wouldnt be fun for many but make it to slow and it wont be for many either, I once mined a lot on my old save getteing a fully equiped conda after a few mining trips after finding out about it which was at about 200 hours ingame. Now several hundreds of hours later after a reset i go it slower and have fun.
Here you are reinforced concrete ... Since it prevents you from playing slowly, what I want to play fast ... I have an aircraft carrier, I have 1 cutter, 2 corvettes, 1 anaconda ... this is only from the big three and I almost discovered all the engineers ... so there is still a lot of work ahead in terms of getting something in the game ... the ships need to be engineered. I don't understand why mining interferes so much with you. Want to slowly suffer no one bothers. I am not interested in the moment of making money, I am interested in other processes. It's good that I managed to get everything before the nerf ... and that's why I'm still in the game. If I had failed to buy an aircraft carrier ... I would have deleted it to hell ....

Here you are reinforced concrete ... Since it prevents you from playing slowly, what I want to play fast ... I have an aircraft carrier, I have 1 cutter, 2 corvettes, 1 anaconda ... this is only from the big three and I almost discovered all the engineers ... so there is still a lot of work ahead in terms of getting something in the game ... the ships need to be engineered. I don't understand why mining interferes so much with you. Want to slowly suffer no one bothers. I am not interested in the moment of making money, I am interested in other processes. It's good that I managed to get everything before the nerf ... and that's why I'm still in the game. If I had failed to buy an aircraft carrier ... I would have deleted it to hell ....
if you enjoy it past that thats good but i feel like getting things to fast has the potential to ruin the game, dont get me wrong i want to get thing at a reasonable speed but not in a few weeks or so whenever i get things that fast in a game i get bored fast and up the dificulty or pay something else. But that reasonable speed is diferent for everyperson. I think it is quite likely that i only think like that because i can not get new games all the time. and i also want to have a FC or as you named it : aircraft carrier, but i just dont have that much use for it to justify wanting to get it fast i have much more reason to farm money and materials for a G5 PVE Imperial cutter (please dont come with Vette is better, i know it is but i still want the cutter just for fun)
I get why you like getting things fast and so do I the 200/h mining wasnt that big of a deal since i didnt have to do it if i didnt want to, what bugged me the most was that all other activities payed almost noting in comparison unless doing specific missions in a specific way best with a full wing.

There's simply no reasoning with people who only think of themselves and think of everyone else as second class, there's also no pleasing those people, so it's no wonder there's so much salt in the Elite Universe, yet another reason people don't play the game. They want the galaxy to themselves and to bend it to their will, so screw everyone else. The patronising responses here are ridiculous and if you're over the age of 16 with a half decent IQ you should be ashamed of yourselves. For the muppets at the back:

1. No, not everyone needs an FC, but you don't get to decide that they can't ever have one, are you a communist dictator?
2. No, you don't get to call all the shots for your 'immersion' in the game, the game doesn't ruin your immersion, you do, because YOU choose what activities you want to take part in.
3. No, FDev are not responsible for your long term happiness in the universe, the whole point of Elite is to make your own way, 'carve your own path' through the Galaxy, so get on with it and stop trying to deliberately hamper and limit new players from ever achieving your level of 'greatness'.

if you enjoy it past that thats good but i feel like getting things to fast has the potential to ruin the game, dont get me wrong i want to get thing at a reasonable speed but not in a few weeks or so whenever i get things that fast in a game i get bored fast and up the dificulty or pay something else. But that reasonable speed is diferent for everyperson. I think it is quite likely that i only think like that because i can not get new games all the time. and i also want to have a FC or as you named it : aircraft carrier, but i just dont have that much use for it to justify wanting to get it fast i have much more reason to farm money and materials for a G5 PVE Imperial cutter (please dont come with Vette is better, i know it is but i still want the cutter just for fun)
I get why you like getting things fast and so do I the 200/h mining wasnt that big of a deal since i didnt have to do it if i didnt want to, what bugged me the most was that all other activities payed almost noting in comparison unless doing specific missions in a specific way best with a full wing.
Well, here we come to the conclusion that the problem is not in mining and prices for 3 top-end minerals ... But the fact is that it just happened to someone that mining is richer .... Do you want realism? Easily fossil resources and weapons ... this is what the world stands on ... well, + IT technologies. So you want to suffer slowly ... do it. But it's inappropriate to slander the game to other players because of your vision .

There's simply no reasoning with people who only think of themselves and think of everyone else as second class, there's also no pleasing those people, so it's no wonder there's so much salt in the Elite Universe, yet another reason people don't play the game. They want the galaxy to themselves and to bend it to their will, so screw everyone else. The patronising responses here are ridiculous and if you're over the age of 16 with a half decent IQ you should be ashamed of yourselves. For the muppets at the back:

1. No, not everyone needs an FC, but you don't get to decide that they can't ever have one, are you a communist dictator?
2. No, you don't get to call all the shots for your 'immersion' in the game, the game doesn't ruin your immersion, you do, because YOU choose what activities you want to take part in.
3. No, FDev are not responsible for your long term happiness in the universe, the whole point of Elite is to make your own way, 'carve your own path' through the Galaxy, so get on with it and stop trying to deliberately hamper and limit new players from ever achieving your level of 'greatness'.
Okay, give me back the mining on 11/22/2020 with the same prices and so on. And I will play myself as I played, without these hysterics, which is too easy for someone. WANT CHALLENGES PLEASE like you said find your way - CHALLENGES!

p.s. This Is The WAY!

Last edited:

yes Elite is a very open game which part of the reason i lile it that much, my main issue with mining ever only was it payment in comparison to other activities which made them look more like a hoby instead of a actual career. Another problem i can see is many players leaving after getting all ships and a FC since they got everything things like engineers make your ships stronger but not new ships. I rushed through the game on my first save and reseted becuase i thought i was done and wanted to go in a bit more relaxed and casual (partly casual because RL) and now i know there is more the just ships but i feel like some people wont get deep into the game if they rush through its ships at a high speed

Tbh I'm not sure about "pennies" from BH.
I started on clear save from epic, and after 6hrs of mix regular bounties and assasinations for 100-200k I earned enough money to A-rated sidey, eagle, viper, taxi DBX and 2m reserve. IMO this is quite good progress as for only combat. KWS now rly makes a difference, 500k for 1 ship isn't something unusual. With current rewards, without reputation and with missions for harmless rank I can say, that main part of this few millions was bounty. If we will see on fact, that smaller ship can kill less ships, than medium, or big I rly don't think, that BH now is bad. Now alone I can kill cobra with 100k bounty, later I will kill fdl's and aliance ships, maybe condas with help of coops.

You totally don't understand our point...look on your comments, salt? After it 16yo with average IQ? Muppets? Communists dictators? For saying, that progression is too fast? I see massive hypocrisy, so sorry, but I will just ignore you. If we are communist dictators people which want all possible thing without effort are true communists :)
PS: I will repeat, "if you don't like it don't do it" is stupid and invalid way. Problems should be solved, not no exploited by small % of players. With this logic Egg should still exist. Don't you like 500m/h? Do you think, that it can make game broken for all? Don't do it. Great advice.

Last edited:
Well, here we come to the conclusion that the problem is not in mining and prices for 3 top-end minerals ... But the fact is that it just happened to someone that mining is richer .... Do you want realism? Easily fossil resources and weapons ... this is what the world stands on ... well, + IT technologies. So you want to suffer slowly ... do it. But it's inappropriate to slander the game to other players because of your vision .

Okay, give me back the mining on 11/22/2020 with the same prices and so on. And I will play myself as I played, without these hysterics, which is too easy for someone. WANT CHALLENGES PLEASE like you said find your way - CHALLENGES!

p.s. This Is The WAY!
i am sorry if it came over that way but i am not trying to slander anyones game i just try to look at it and pay attention to issues that may arise, like something that hapened to me being going through the games credit content not getting deep enough into the game to see what else there is other then ships and getting bored just as my old save reached 1 bil on acount balance and reseting. On my new save i went a bit slower for that reason it felt to fast, now i see the true amount of gameplay in elite and its roleplaying capabilities. Furthermore with the new bounties bounty hunting has also become more viable. I also heard mining can still pay 100mil/h.

yes Elite is a very open game which part of the reason i lile it that much, my main issue with mining ever only was it payment in comparison to other activities which made them look more like a hoby instead of a actual career. Another problem i can see is many players leaving after getting all ships and a FC since they got everything things like engineers make your ships stronger but not new ships. I rushed through the game on my first save and reseted becuase i thought i was done and wanted to go in a bit more relaxed and casual (partly casual because RL) and now i know there is more the just ships but i feel like some people wont get deep into the game if they rush through its ships at a high speed

Indeed, but the issue there isn't so much the ability to progress through ships quickly, it's the fact that to even realise the guardian world of stuff, or Thargoid world of stuff, or engineer world of stuff is even there, you need to be using third party tools and/or part of a community like a squadron. I started playing 4 years ago on the XBox and I actually put the game down for a different reason, because the progression was just too damned slow. I finally, after hours and hours and hours of playing got myself to an FDL and all I could see, was more grinding to get even bigger/better ships that tbh, I didn't really want. I so no value at the time in achieving Elite rank, or obtaining the Cutter or Corvette, I saw no point in engineering because I wasn't interested in PVP. The use of EDMC, Inara, eddb etc. for me changed the game completely when I started playing on the PC instead, but joining a squadron changed it again and opened up a whole new universe of gameplay for me. I'm now what some people call 'EndGame', I've got an FC, 25+ ships, billions in the bank, one Elite rank and not too far away from Elite on two others, but I can always find something to do and I can always find a way to enjoy myself in game. IMHO the issues with Elite are not with the ability to progress quickly, but the inability to do so without external help, basically without third party tools. Also, the crime and punishment system needs to change to limit the ganking that goes on, but that's a different subject around rage quitting, rather than boredom, or frustration.

p.s. This Is The WAY!

Fairly sure I'm on your side here, lol. I quite liked the fact someone who doesn't want to do combat, but does want to fly a spaceship, explore, do BGS, etc. could go mine for an hour to pay for all that for several weeks. I've mined plenty, I hated it, but I did it because it was the most viable way to fund the activities I actually wanted to do. Now though, because I am actually into combat, I'll go bounty hunting instead. Compromised Nav Beacon, Pirate Activity Thread 6 and 7, even the Haz Res are now viable places to earn a decent crust, which is great, because it helps bring my combat rank up too, I can combine it with certain BGS/Powerplay activities, etc. But yes I agree, mining should still be a perfectly viable alternative to make money and in that respect, it is still very much a viable way to make money, just not 10x as much as anything else.

Indeed, but the issue there isn't so much the ability to progress through ships quickly, it's the fact that to even realise the guardian world of stuff, or Thargoid world of stuff, or engineer world of stuff is even there, you need to be using third party tools and/or part of a community like a squadron. I started playing 4 years ago on the XBox and I actually put the game down for a different reason, because the progression was just too damned slow. I finally, after hours and hours and hours of playing got myself to an FDL and all I could see, was more grinding to get even bigger/better ships that tbh, I didn't really want. I so no value at the time in achieving Elite rank, or obtaining the Cutter or Corvette, I saw no point in engineering because I wasn't interested in PVP. The use of EDMC, Inara, eddb etc. for me changed the game completely when I started playing on the PC instead, but joining a squadron changed it again and opened up a whole new universe of gameplay for me. I'm now what some people call 'EndGame', I've got an FC, 25+ ships, billions in the bank, one Elite rank and not too far away from Elite on two others, but I can always find something to do and I can always find a way to enjoy myself in game. IMHO the issues with Elite are not with the ability to progress quickly, but the inability to do so without external help, basically without third party tools. Also, the crime and punishment system needs to change to limit the ganking that goes on, but that's a different subject around rage quitting, rather than boredom, or frustration.
yes but i still feel like some people will just quit after getting to a Cutter in a few weeks or so but certainly no everyone and tbh all the need for third party tools anoys me so much. i started somewhere last year and reseted somewhere at the start of 2020 i think around january. I think the big nerf of mining wouldnt have been really necessary if they would have just buffed the pay for other activities but i can live with it just like i lived with OP mining which i only took part in if really needed too, besides as far as i know mining still pays good from my point of view BH and mining can stay as it is now

yes but i still feel like some people will just quit after getting to a Cutter in a few weeks or so but certainly no everyone and tbh all the need for third party tools anoys me so much. i started somewhere last year and reseted somewhere at the start of 2020 i think around january. I think the big nerf of mining wouldnt have been really necessary if they would have just buffed the pay for other activities but i can live with it just like i lived with OP mining which i only took part in if really needed too, besides as far as i know mining still pays good from my point of view BH and mining can stay as it is now

Agreed yes, some people will, unfortunately there's little avoiding that. This comes to a different point I've made to people in the past too though, that every time the game goes on sale for £5 in Steam, or free through Epic, we get an insurgence of new players who haven't actually paid much for the game. If you've paid £40 for the game (Not even expensive for a game as huge and engaging as Elite) you're unlikely to just walk away from it, or allow yourself to believe getting a Cutter is the be all and end all of the game. As you did, people will reset and try to play again, before they walk away. If on the other hand you paid £5, or nothing at all, it's much easier to walk away from. That said, if we get 200 new players from Epic and 100 leave because it's too easy/hard/complicated, that's still 100 new players.

You totally don't understand our point...look on your comments, salt? After it 16yo with average IQ? Muppets? Communists dictators? For saying, that progression is too fast? I see massive hypocrisy, so sorry, but I will just ignore you. If we are communist dictators people which want all possible thing without effort are true communists :)
PS: I will repeat, "if you don't like it don't do it" is stupid and invalid way. Problems should be solved, not no exploited by small % of players. With this logic Egg should still exist. Don't you like 500m/h? Do you think, that it can make game broken for all? Don't do it. Great advice.

I never used 'the egg', so yes, if you don't like it, don't do it. Why do you care if someone else earns billions using it? Why is it your problem? Does it matter? Does it impact you in any way shape or form if someone uses 'the egg' and gets an FC overnight? The answer is no, it doesn't affect you.

Agreed yes, some people will, unfortunately there's little avoiding that. This comes to a different point I've made to people in the past too though, that every time the game goes on sale for £5 in Steam, or free through Epic, we get an insurgence of new players who haven't actually paid much for the game. If you've paid £40 for the game (Not even expensive for a game as huge and engaging as Elite) you're unlikely to just walk away from it, or allow yourself to believe getting a Cutter is the be all and end all of the game. As you did, people will reset and try to play again, before they walk away. If on the other hand you paid £5, or nothing at all, it's much easier to walk away from. That said, if we get 200 new players from Epic and 100 leave because it's too easy/hard/complicated, that's still 100 new players.
i personaly bought the Comander pack on a sale when it still existed i think it was about 15€ but not sure (even that was a good bit of money to me back then) and i got 2 alt acounts from epic.

Top Bottom