Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

beeing left handed I am a little bit disappointed. It seems that the gun is only suitable for right handed people.
It's not suited for right-handed people either — off-hand shooting is a pretty important skill to acquire.

You think they need 1 or 2 years more to finish the game ? 8 years is not enough for CDPR ?
It is ready for release after only four years, so no, four more is probably not needed.

I like these retro futuristic things, They fire rocket powered ammo. It didn't catch on. But in a sci fi setting unusual gun designs are cool.

I was just questioning the .50 cal ammo really. That pistol must be massive if there are 12 .50 bullets in that mag
Those Gyrojets were kind of fancy, but their main problem was that, gun itself was very simple, did not need high strength pressure proof construction and so on, but all real complexity was in ammunition. Which is consumable stuff. There are (as far as I remember) some four finely machined rocket venturi's on bullet. Each at those days done by hand. And that meant that ammo was a VERY expensive stuff, at least if it was priced to give any profit for manufacturer. And also meant that reloading was out of question.
So complexity was on wrong place from start :D

but I know I feel the same about ED outpost design that rotates you to launch you facing the approach vector of the next ship waiting for pad. A stupid design is a stupid design.

All pads are meant to be VTOL so you are not facing the approach, its supposed to be above you which is clear. I cant blame the game when I break the 'rules' coz im impatient and just want to boost away.

If the released RDR2 can get you in orbit once in a while, you can sunk in planet with no shame in SC alpha every hours.

Arent we supposed to be raising the standard, not bringing the game that will save PC gaming and be the BDSSE down to the level of other games?

To be fair some companies do release unfinished buggy rubbish. I was watching some vids of Watch Dogs Legion the other day, they are almost as hilarious as Star Citizen ones
Great, I have just bought that at 30% off, dunno when Ill get time to play it frankly but every day gives them a chance to patch something :)

Holy Roberts teaching his artists Tier0 Physics:
Multiple choice, is he really teaching?

A. Physics
B. Economics
C. Management Style
D. Public Relations
E. He doesnt actually know himself

This implies that the gun doesn't fire until the trigger is released :confused:
2 modes.

Pull & Release - normal shot
Pull & Hold & Release - visit to medi ship (not in game yet) for hand reconstruction

beeing left handed I am a little bit disappointed. It seems that the gun is only suitable for right handed people.

Its designed to break the wrists of right handed players and then they will bring out the special priced left hand gun for a limited time only...for those occasions where you cant use your right hand for some reason....this isnt as far fetched as it seems, it could happen :)

Overall notes on the gun. Where does the clip go? Theres 'solid' holes in the handle that prevent the passage of another solid material at the same time in space. Or is part of the gun in another reality? The one inside CR head?

Where do you see a post from a faithful backer ?
That wasn't what you were asking for.
Don't move the goalposts just because well-known fact and reality in general once again don't conform to your hopes and dreams.

Oh, and you know full well that people are saying the exact same thing you're asking others to demonstrate. Otherwise, you wouldn't have recognised what AA was referencing and immediately reformulated that into that particular phrasing. It has happened in this very series of threads, even…

Last edited:
All pads are meant to be VTOL so you are not facing the approach, its supposed to be above you which is clear. I cant blame the game when I break the 'rules' coz im impatient and just want to boost away.

That doesn't pass the internal consistency test. Because if that was the case, pads wouldn't rotate in the first place. Outpost pad spinning is spinning for spinning's sake. It's a ridiculous design inherited from the one in stations where reorientation does improve safety by removing the need for pilots to do a 180 inside the station. On outposts, it's just ridiculous to orient ships to face the direction from which other ships are likely to approach due to mandatory ship orientation. The boost forward button is a thing, the boost backwards isn't, hence in case of accidental activation, electronic dysfunction, of malicious intents, one facing has an increased risk factor compared to the other. I never crash into ships, but you can't argue with the fact that the design flies in the face of health and safety regulations.

I'm ready to die on that hill.

64795640.jpg

Overall notes on the gun. Where does the clip go? Theres 'solid' holes in the handle that prevent the passage of another solid material at the same time in space. Or is part of the gun in another reality? The one inside CR head?
Magazine is horizontal, it goes in below the barrel. LittleAnt's videos show it clearly. Mag itself seems to be "funny" as there really is not enough space to turn cartridge 90 degrees, so it needs to be more like tube mag than stack mag.

Top Bottom