Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

So, when I open the TLC Computer Extension, it runs, when i select log in it just loads from a couple of seconds and the it freezes.
I'm on Windows 10, using the 1.8.1.9 TCE version, can't take photos cause it just don't open again, just the icon on the trail.
Normally, TCE asking you to process unprocessed player logs.
If you say yes, then a process screen opens and showing you the process of scan itself.
If no was selected, TCE skips all old logs and continues to load until the interface appears.
Did you saw the query in the center of your screen, where you can select yes or no?
It could be hidden behind any open window.
How many % was loaded until the freeze?

Normally, TCE asking you to process unprocessed player logs.
If you say yes, then a process screen opens and showing you the process of scan itself.
If no was selected, TCE skips all old logs and continues to load until the interface appears.
Did you saw the query in the center of your screen, where you can select yes or no?
It could be hidden behind any open window.
How many % was loaded until the freeze?
I didn't saw the query, I just see the first pic attached (with the name, that I censored), I can press change (it only show one account, because I only have one), I can press login, so it loads, then it fades out and dissapeares. The TCE stays on the tray, and I can also see (alt+tab) that there is another TCE called TCE WORKSPACE without anything on it. If I alt+tab back to the TCE Login, it freezes (or, put in better words, it shows me that the login is frozen, cause I suspect it freezes before).
This is all with elite dangerous closed.

If I try to run elite dangerous (horizons) first, and when it's loaded, I try to load TCE, the same happens.

Attachments

• FirstPic.png
    FirstPic.png
    708.6 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
I didn't saw the query, I just see the first pic attached (with the name, that I censored), I can press change (it only show one account, because I only have one), I can press login, so it loads, then it fades out and dissapeares. The TCE stays on the tray, and I can also see (alt+tab) that there is another TCE called TCE WORKSPACE without anything on it. If I alt+tab back to the TCE Login, it freezes (or, put in better words, it shows me that the login is frozen, cause I suspect it freezes before).
This is all with elite dangerous closed.

If I try to run elite dangerous (horizons) first, and when it's loaded, I try to load TCE, the same happens.
Okay, thanks for the report, so it loads completely (all boxes got filled) and vanishes, right?
TCE checks, when vanished, the connectivity to the TCE server, if there is a new version available and secondly, if EDMC is installed at your system and receiving, if installed, first informations about your player in ED.
Please check, if your firewall blocking TCE and/or EDMC.exe, which is a part of the EDMC installation.
Did you give TCE admin rights? If not, try this too.
One last hint: If you have installed TCE to your system drive (c), I would recommend to install it to a different drive, because the security settings could be very tight on the system drive.
Report back, if something above helped you to fix your issue.

Last edited:
Okay, thanks for the report, so it loads completely (all boxes got filled) and vanishes, right?
TCE checks, when vanished, the connectivity to the TCE server, if there is a new version available and secondly, if EDMC is installed at your system and receiving, if installed, first informations about your player in ED.
Please check, if your firewall blocking TCE and/or EDMC.exe, which is a part of the EDMC installation.
Did you give TCE admin rights? If not, try this too.
One last hint: If you have installed TCE to your system drive (c), I would recommend to install it to a different drive, because the security settings could be very tight on the system drive.
Report back, if something above helped you to fix your issue.
Added exceptions to the firewall in both programs. Executed as administrator. TCE is installed on D: Didn't work.
But thank you anyways with the help!

Added exceptions to the firewall in both programs. Executed as administrator. TCE is installed on D: Didn't work.
But thank you anyways with the help!
Hmmm, that's interesting. Try this:
1. You can add to the shortcut of TCE the "-SAFEMODE" parameter and
2. Reinstall the Visual C++ Runtime, which i posted at the main page of this thread (see PREREQUISITES).

Hmmm, that's interesting. Try this:
1. You can add to the shortcut of TCE the "-SAFEMODE" parameter and
2. Reinstall the Visual C++ Runtime, which i posted at the main page of this thread (see PREREQUISITES).
Reinstalled Visual C++, added the -safemode parameter, executed as admin... Didn't work.
Definetly it must be a issue with my computer, but I cannot pinpoin what could be.

Reinstalled Visual C++, added the -safemode parameter, executed as admin... Didn't work.
Definetly it must be a issue with my computer, but I cannot pinpoin what could be.
Please check your AV app, if TCE is blocked there. Give an exception for TCE, if not done already.

Please check your AV app, if TCE is blocked there. Give an exception for TCE, if not done already.
Oh, that actually work, I cannot believe it was so simple. For now I managed to see the launcher. If i stumble with any other problem I will let you know. Thank you for your patience to solve my problem!!

Hello Eventure

I have the latest version installed, every thing worked, then I got 2 Epic copies of Elite for a total of 3 accounts, 1 steam, 2 epic.

Now I have a problem with TCE when I change characters and it has ruined TCE for all 3 accounts. I can start up TCE choose a character and get the launch button ok, but no matter which account I choose they are all now showing a red exclamation next to the Extensions on the launch window.

1607923004376.png

Immediately a browser page opens to https://auth.frontierstore.net/auth? with a lot of other characters I don't trust placing here cause security. When I try to use that webpage to login to my account it fails to do anything. I am really concerned that something is trying to steal my credentials. The thing is I think that authorization page is old and either TCE or EDMC needs to update the authorization page it is trying to open to authorize the account.

I also think that Frontier needs to work with these developers to create a better way for switching between accounts, connecting your tools to our game play and ensuring the over all security of players information. I have been wanting to use your tool to see how it compares to ED Discovery but I have been fouled up by this problem.

Let me know if there is anything you need to figure out this problem.

Hello Eventure

I have the latest version installed, every thing worked, then I got 2 Epic copies of Elite for a total of 3 accounts, 1 steam, 2 epic.

Now I have a problem with TCE when I change characters and it has ruined TCE for all 3 accounts. I can start up TCE choose a character and get the launch button ok, but no matter which account I choose they are all now showing a red exclamation next to the Extensions on the launch window.

View attachment 199727
Immediately a browser page opens to https://auth.frontierstore.net/auth? with a lot of other characters I don't trust placing here cause security. When I try to use that webpage to login to my account it fails to do anything. I am really concerned that something is trying to steal my credentials. The thing is I think that authorization page is old and either TCE or EDMC needs to update the authorization page it is trying to open to authorize the account.

I also think that Frontier needs to work with these developers to create a better way for switching between accounts, connecting your tools to our game play and ensuring the over all security of players information. I have been wanting to use your tool to see how it compares to ED Discovery but I have been fouled up by this problem.

Let me know if there is anything you need to figure out this problem.

This issue has to do with your installed EDMC app and not with TCE.
You have to authorize EDMC at Frontier to make it usable, because EDMC connecting to the Companion app of Frontier to receive player data from the game.
TCE only reports, what EDMC reports when using the app alone. TCE didn't make use of any credentials you are using for your accounts.

Do the following:
1. Deauthorizing EDMC first (https://auth.frontierstore.net/).
2. Start EDMC alone to get to the login page to authorize EDMC.
3. Login and approve the authorization once.
4. EDMC should thereafter confirm the success.

If that doesn't work, please report the issue to the EDMC thread or checkout the EDMC troubleshooting page before.

Hello everyone in here. Great tool to use after getting back in the game. Since 2 days I am having problems to run TCEmk.II. I press the login-button and the loading animation appears on the initial window. No error, just keeps ...loading... forever. 1 CPU shown in Taskmanager is busy while that.
I am using Frontiers"classical" installation and there was an update I am remembering happening 2 or 3 days ago but I doubt it's the cause. I recall after the update the TCEmk.II was working.
Any shots on where to check for logs or errors or fixes?
Tried soltions: restarting, reinstalling the latest version
One known "Anomaly" is I have to run the program elevated rights on an Win10 installation, otherwise the Trade Databases won't be created or updated.

Hello everyone in here. Great tool to use after getting back in the game. Since 2 days I am having problems to run TCEmk.II. I press the login-button and the loading animation appears on the initial window. No error, just keeps ...loading... forever. 1 CPU shown in Taskmanager is busy while that.
I am using Frontiers"classical" installation and there was an update I am remembering happening 2 or 3 days ago but I doubt it's the cause. I recall after the update the TCEmk.II was working.
Any shots on where to check for logs or errors or fixes?
Tried soltions: restarting, reinstalling the latest version
One known "Anomaly" is I have to run the program elevated rights on an Win10 installation, otherwise the Trade Databases won't be created or updated.

Thanks replying eventure, added allow-rules, even disabled firewall and AV. Still same behaviour. No success on loading anything after clicking "log in".

Last edited:
Thanks replying evneture, added allow-rules, even disabled firewall and AV. Still same behaviour. No success on loading anything after clicking "log in".
Are all boxes below the loading sign filled? If not, please tell me the position number of the box, counted from the left, which is empty.

Are all boxes below the loading sign filled? If not, please tell me the position number of the box, counted from the left, which is empty.
Observation first stage Empty boxes: 1st and 3rd box seen from the left side
Second stage and lasting: After like 30 seconds the only empty box is the 3rd from the left side. (1st box got filled)

Observation first stage Empty boxes: 1st and 3rd box seen from the left side
Second stage and lasting: After like 30 seconds the only empty box is the 3rd from the left side. (1st box got filled)
The third box represents the registered market database. Please send the TCE_RMarkets.db file from the DB folder to me for a check. It seems to be damaged.
Thereafter remove the file. It will be recreated on load as an empty database. Thereafter you can fill it again with the EDDB-Relay from the launcher.

TCE creates also (if not deactivated) a daily backup of your databases on startup, so you can replace the file from a working archive (found at the backup folder).

The third box represents the registered market database. Please send the TCE_RMarkets.db file from the DB folder to me for a check. It seems to be damaged.
Thereafter remove the file. It will be recreated on load as an empty database. Thereafter you can fill it again with the EDDB-Relay from the launcher.

TCE creates also (if not deactivated) a daily backup of your databases on startup, so you can replace the file from a working archive (found at the backup folder).
Here it is. It's ok for me to have it resetted, I will just refill from EDDB.
EDIT, Attach Files doesn't like the file or it's size...
Send via email.

Last edited:
Top Bottom