ANNOUNCEMENT Narrative additions and Dev Diary FAQ

Do we get pitchforks as well? :D

IMG-20201001-214940.jpg

as a player that just came back to see this news.... i'm really disheartened. I always thought Galnet provided that news source flavor text for world building in elite dangerous. I loved stories that would popup that didn't go anywhere or anything like that. It made the news source seem more real I guess. Why would you get rid of it just to do storyline stuff? I mean I understand kind of but you just eliminated the ONE thing that really tied the world together.

as a player that just came back to see this news.... i'm really disheartened. I always thought Galnet provided that news source flavor text for world building in elite dangerous. I loved stories that would popup that didn't go anywhere or anything like that. It made the news source seem more real I guess. Why would you get rid of it just to do storyline stuff? I mean I understand kind of but you just eliminated the ONE thing that really tied the world together.
On the bright side, they seem to have gone back on this decision.

There have been quite a few Galnet articles in the last couple of months which are not immediately relevant to in-game stuff (though are presumably building up to something which will be later ... even most of the world building stuff previously was probably going somewhere eventually) - most of the current Federal storyline, for example.

(I do also want to hear more about Olav Redcourt, though)

But the storyline has been written with 2 years' worth of story to unfold, which is good news :) ...

After that Doooom !

this has been answered literally dozens of times in these forums, on FB, on Twitter, on live-streams. NO, you will NOT be able to walk in your ship in ODYSSEY.
At least at launch. We really don't know if this will be an eventual feature.

The exciting stuff about odyssey is that you will be able to:
1. walk around the outside of your ship.
2. walk around inside space stations and other installations.
3. walk around your ship docking pad.
4 walk aorund on some planets.

So there will be walking just not inside your ship right now. I hope in the future you get a captain's cabin which I can decorate with a fish tank, coffee maker, pictures, (Little planet zoo feature!!), other decorations, and the such.

So all good. I am sure in the future walking around ships will be possible and I am keen for there to be good gameplay. It would be a bit of a disappointment if walking around your ship was just like.. ah there is a cargo bay, there is the power plant, there is the shield module and there was nothing to do. Repairs, repelling boarders, close combat, would be fantastic. I think we have to be patient and above all think of valid gameplay to go with walking around your ship

I am sure there is much more to walking around. I personally am massively looking forward to Odyssey. I will very happy apply for Beta Testing if it comes around. ;-)

All my best,
Crash101

Last edited:
they've been VERY transparent about the fact they have no intention of adding it.
well imagine the outrage among all those 'x mil/h' fanatics. In my short-lived time that I spent in Star Citizen, all that walking around everywhere was like THE biggest time sink imaginable. probably half of the session was walking from point a to b to perform a 10s task.

The exciting stuff about odyssey is that you will be able to:
1. walk around the outside of your ship.
2. walk around inside space stations and other installations.
3. walk around your ship docking pad.
4 walk aorund on some planets.
5 walk around the Jameson crash site (obviously the most important one!)

Top Bottom