Pre-Order Launcher Issue Update

Once we get the Odyssey preorder option on the ED Client - or wherever it will appear - will the PC system specs be listed?

Found the preoeder button but no specs...

Greetings Commanders,

We believe a fix is now in place for all new Odyssey pre orders.

For players who have already pre ordered Odyssey and are still experiencing these issues, we have a workaround thanks to @TeslaKat to get you back into the game.

1. Right-click on Elite Dangerous in Steam
  2. Go to the "DLC" tab
  3. Uncheck the "Elite Dangerous: Odyssey" DLC
  4. Go to the "LOCAL FILES" tab
  5. Click "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES..."
  6. After it runs the check, it will tell you that it found some issues with some files and fix the problem after which the game will be playable again.
Resolving this issue is our highest priority at the moment and we are working hard to find a solution.

We appreciate your patience whilst we try to resolve this.

o7
Was step 1 [REDACTED]? :p

I preordered "Odyssey" on my Steam account and I can login into my Steam ED account. But I cannot login anymore into my Epic ED version (it keeps asking email/password and saying game was not purchased). FD is very good at destroying their own launching events: ED launch on Epic Games was a nightmare, pre-order Odyssey too now...
I submitted a ticket and will see if I get an answer, and maybe a workaround for this (verify ED on Steam and Epic Games hasn't worked).
[EDIT: It seems that FD made some changes on their servers. I can log again into my Epic ED account]

Last edited:
Still can't pre order buy it from the Frontier store (Error from provider: Could not decode JSON, syntax error - malformed JSON.<br/>There was an error processing your order. Please contact us or try again later)...please help
I have a problem when I want to order it through your website.
Add the product to the shopping cart = works.
My address = correct.
In the payment option is only written (New card).
Other payment options not listed there.
Since I want to pay with Paypal.... ends my shopping attempt already there.

I click nevertheless further comes the following error message

Error from provider: Could not decode JSON, syntax error - malformed JSON.<br/>There was an error processing your order. Please contact us or try again later

This makes it impossible for me to place a pre-order.
I have the same problem. Please help me!

I have Steam etc, but i purchaced all of my ed stuff direct from frontier and dont want to use steam, i must be blind as i cant find were to buy odyssey direct plz help

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders,

We believe a fix is now in place for all new Odyssey pre orders.

For players who have already pre ordered Odyssey and are still experiencing these issues, we have a workaround thanks to @TeslaKat to get you back into the game.

1. Right-click on Elite Dangerous in Steam
  2. Go to the "DLC" tab
  3. Uncheck the "Elite Dangerous: Odyssey" DLC
  4. Go to the "LOCAL FILES" tab
  5. Click "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES..."
  6. After it runs the check, it will tell you that it found some issues with some files and fix the problem after which the game will be playable again.
Resolving this issue is our highest priority at the moment and we are working hard to find a solution.

We appreciate your patience whilst we try to resolve this.

o7

I tried this, and have found that no, it did NOT grant me access to Odyssey ALPHA! I've sent dedicated support tickets on the matter, and I've seen a player with screenshots of gameplay to prove that access SHOULD be possible at this time. My concerns involve:

1) redundant purchase (through both Frontier Store AND Steam; I already wrote a support ticket on this matter)
2) Steam keeping Odyssey just flagged as "Pre-Order" even though it specifically recognizes the Alpha package as "already purchased".

Frontier, please help.

sup frontier.
I got the deluxe version via steam.
1) where is my digital soundtrack?
2) when will the alpha start? Will I be notified when it does?

This echos my sentiments exactly. Though my support tickets go into greater detail regarding these concerns.

Last edited:
I tried this, and have found that no, it did NOT grant me access to Odyssey ALPHA! I've sent dedicated support tickets on the matter, and I've seen a player with screenshots of gameplay to prove that access SHOULD be possible at this time. My concerns involve:

1) redundant purchase (through both Frontier Store AND Steam; I already wrote a support ticket on this matter)
2) Steam keeping Odyssey just flagged as "Pre-Order" even though it specifically recognizes the Alpha package as "already purchased".

Frontier, please help.
Got a link to those screenshots?

When purchased Horizon on Steam I got a £0.00 Horizons order on Frontier Store. I guess this means I'm locked into the Steam launcher now.
It's not the same thing but makes me think about my contribution during the Kickstarter.

I funded for £ 150 (Founding Member of the Elite) but in my account only appears "Premium beta" for £ 100.

Founding Member of the Elite is not valued and the date seems wacky. :eek:

However the £ 50 is not virtual. :)

Order.jpg

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Unfortunately the lack of information is endemic at Frontier.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Indeed. 1st page, 1st post, towards the end. Yes, devs post so yes, official news.

Top Bottom