General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

While this is welcomed, there is a fly in the ointment. Yes, the same fly.

How can we trust the FDA authorization, when CoS Mark Meadows calls up the head, Dr. Hahn, to pass on instructions from above: approve it now, or resign?
As if Mr. Meadows boss has the faintest clue of vaccine approval proceedures, or if bleach is safe to inject?

Literally, we have Clorox Commander trying to tell the FDA what is safe to approve. Can you trust that vaccine met standards of scientific rigor now?
Of course not. The process is irrevocably corrupted.

Common decency precludes further comments. But I will say that if Meadows had called me with those instructions, he would have preferred the bleach injection to the rest of the conversation.

God, I hope somebody competent is handling the rollout logistics.
In the United States they are certainly starting to be afraid of having 2,500 dead every day since few weeks.

Precipitation is always a bad advice.

And the brutality scares people away instead of attracting them.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Saturday evening in Marseille the police intervened in a clandestine party.

There were 500 people, alcohol, drugs, no masks, no barrier gestures.

In Strasbourg there were 100 people.

In France there is a network which organizes clandestine parties throughout the territory.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

10:50pm on Sat here.
US death toll is now recorded at 305,082, blowing past the 300,000 estimate before the end of the week. It's a runaway forest fire over there, and the vaccine rollout is too late to stop the next few months of the disaster. I think if they stick to the rational triaged program a very good difference could still be made.

Ordering up a second round of MMR Monday.
Demand is rising as word spreads. The modest value of the crossover immunity is something people are not getting. They are confusing this with the Pfizer one over in the First World, because of the timing coincidence. I got to pull out a few thousands to cover the order, and getting sick of the phone ringing every 10 minutes.

Our infection rate is smouldering along at under 20/day. We have no such thing as measles anymore. So there's very low rationale for demand for this unproven approach.

10:50pm on Sat here.
US death toll is now recorded at 305,082, blowing past the 300,000 estimate before the end of the week. It's a runaway forest fire over there, and the vaccine rollout is too late to stop the next few months of the disaster. I think if they stick to the rational triaged program a very good difference could still be made.
In 2-3 months they will be at 500,000 as expected.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

We are on a plateau.

13,000 new cases and 300 deaths per day on average.

About 25,000 people in the hospital and 2,800 in intensive care.

The situation in Europe is not very good (Italy, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, United Kingdom ...).

In France the period after the Christmas holidays will be the big question.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Logically, new strains only become dominant if they are more infective.

I had to call the Director of the place where I work to OK the volume of (MMR)vaccine we are ordering. He was not aware of the link. But he's somehow sanguine that Trinidad will be vaccinating people with ? what vaccine come January. Maybe he knows something I don't.
I'll drive out to people's homes, and vaccinate them there rather than risk them coming in. This lowers their costs too, as the hospital obviously will have to add charges.

AFAIK the ONLY approved vaccine on the market is Pfizer's. And we are not buying that one. The COVAX facility international group is looking to supply us with enough for 20% population initially, then after that 13% more, for a total of 33% population. About 25% of the population is over 50 years old. So by year's end, if things go off ok, we might get the First Responders plus people over 50 covered. That is hardly sufficient to control the epidemic, but it could put a big dent in the mortality.

In any case, our daily case count continues to fall, down to single digits now. I anticipate that by Christmas we may be able to reverse our restrictions, at least, but it is dubious that any Govt. folks will be in office.

As usual, I'm working Christmas. Oh well. This might be the last one.

Last edited:
More good news:

Moderna's shot has a 100% efficacy vs severe cases of Covid 19. Really good. The observational data on the MMR people suggests a similar benefit for severe disease maybe around 90-95%.

Because Moderna's vaccine only requires a standard freezer for transport and storage, odds are that it will supplant Pfizer's worldwide in short order.
COVAX has access to this one, so once it's approved, worldwide distribution can begin. We await data on the Johnson & Johnson vaccine which is only a single dose, as the next possible improvement.

We can make it. It's not that long again to go.

Obviously the mink ate a bat.
Or some frozen food.
Or whatever baloney CCP will issue next.

Just in case you don't know: bats are pretty much the largest family of reservoir species when it comes to zoonosis. But in a huge number of cases they are not the one that spreads it to humans; the risk of bats is in the ability to carry many virus with limited to no ill-effects to themselves. But they need other animals to infect humans.

Take Hendra for example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hendra_virus

Bats carry the virus, and due to their high speed/range can spreead it far and wide. But horses are the animals that spread it to humans. And horses don't eat bats. They eat grass contaminated with bat feces or urine, for example. So just because humans get sick from something bats carry, doesn't mean that it was caused by eating bats. Nobody and nothing involved ate bats. Not even one.

The risk is not eating bats, but having bats around. Plenty of species can become COVID19 hosts, but the real danger is in species able to 'hide' the virus until they spread it to us. Its not 'CCP baloney', it is just how this stuff works.

🇹🇹
All the vitamin D tablets are sold out in our pharmacies. According to one pharmacist, they sell out in 20 minutes every time they restock. It is almost as if thre's a winter going on and a Covid epidemic at the same time, though the truth is neither is happening on the sunny island where I live. What this shortage is caused by is entirely driven by foreign news.

A delivery van arrived with boxes of it while we were there.

I'm selfishly glad others are supplementing, as that drops my risks. Even more!

Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ha2mLz-Xdpg

Dr. Seheult has this update on Vit D. (This is the only vitamin we have ever found to extend human lives if it is supplemented.)
At 22:30 in the video, there's an interesting table presented that compares immunophenotypes of Vitamin D deficiency and Covid 19. Spoiler Alert, they are indistinguishable.

There is no proof that Covid will actually respond to it as a treatment. But why would anybody want to run around with a deficiency?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom