General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I expect it to hit 4000. They're running at a roughly 2% mortality rate. The infection rate has been 200K for a while now. Numbers don't lie. Throw in the extra that will die because their ICUs are flooded and that their DRs and RNs will probably just call it a day and it'll probably get to 6K. Nothing to worry about, just a mild flu.
It would also be useful to have the distribution of contaminations and deaths by age group.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Got the MMR vaccine done, at work.
Cannot convince anybody at Admin to consider it, or the nurses either. But admittedly I did not try hard. 🤷‍♂️ They all want me to tell them when the actual vaccine will be available here, because they can't do the obvious inference. Why would I be using MMR if the real one were likely sometime soon?

Not sure if I really need the 2 doses to protect vs covonavirus. Had the childhood diseases already, so my immunity should be ok?

Got the MMR vaccine done, at work.
Cannot convince anybody at Admin to consider it, or the nurses either. But admittedly I did not try hard. 🤷‍♂️ They all want me to tell them when the actual vaccine will be available here, because they can't do the obvious inference. Why would I be using MMR if the real one were likely sometime soon?

Not sure if I really need the 2 doses to protect vs covonavirus. Had the childhood diseases already, so my immunity should be ok?

I got both, no idea if it helps but it can't hinder.

Russian Vaccine should not be mixed with alcohol. Somewhat unfortunate for the festive period.

I was expecting it had become 200% effective by now! Unusual that it suddenly has side effects or doesn’t work without abstinence from alcohol.

Oh well it’s not like Russians are renowned heavy drinkers or anything. I’m sure it won’t be that the Russian vaccine is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and suggesting vodka stops it working isn’t designed to distract Russians from pointing the blame at the government if it doesn’t work. 🤣

I was expecting it had become 200% effective by now! Unusual that it suddenly has side effects or doesn’t work without abstinence from alcohol.

Oh well it’s not like Russians are renowned heavy drinkers or anything. I’m sure it won’t be that the Russian vaccine is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and suggesting vodka stops it working isn’t designed to distract Russians from pointing the blame at the government if it doesn’t work. 🤣
There are Russians, that use Vodka, to basically flush out radiation. I saw something a couple of years ago, where a village near a hot zone, go hunting etc., deeper into the hot zone and they then make a point of drinking lots of Vodka and pee it out. They have been doing it for years; with success apparently.

So telling these folks, not to drink for the duration, is just not going to work, or whisky sales are seriously going to go up.

There are Russians, that use Vodka, to basically flush out radiation. I saw something a couple of years ago, where a village near a hot zone, go hunting etc., deeper into the hot zone and they then make a point of drinking lots of Vodka and pee it out. They have been doing it for years; with success apparently.

So telling these folks, not to drink for the duration, is just not going to work, or whisky sales are seriously going to go up.

It certainly works in the Stalker games.

Yep but it won’t matter anyway. I was using heavy amounts of sarcasm. What I really meant was the Sputnik vaccine probably doesn’t work anywhere near as well as has been made out (no shock there) and if turns out to be next to useless then why not set up a constraint to blame the ineffectiveness on something people are probably unwilling to change.

We all like a drink in the U.K. but the Oxford vaccine only working without alcohol (for several months) would be ripped apart by the U.K. media; like if the U.K. government said the Oxford vaccine only works if you don’t watch Strictly come dancing. It’s obviously made up.

I’m probably crossing over to politics so I’ll shut up now. I’ve got a night off and had a few drinks 🍺

Russian Vaccine should not be mixed with alcohol. Somewhat unfortunate for the festive period.

I was convinced that vodka was the basis of its manufacture.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Cleaning up contaminated spaces is hard:

There's a website that aggregated the studies regarding MMR vaccine and coronavirus protection. If you are interested:
Again, this is not a WHO approved course of action. But the aggregate of the information suggests that it is a viable stopgap measure. Just highlighting one report: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/all.14584
We would like to report here on our clinical observations in 255 subjects, vaccinated in our Center since the start of the Coronavirus disease‐2019 (COVID‐19) pandemic, with the mumps‐measles‐rubella (MMR) vaccine and of whom thirty‐six have presented COVID‐19, all with a remarkably mild course.
The cases in question had zero hospitalization. Similar story to the sailors on the USS Roosevelt, but this group were not healthy servicemen, they were comorbidity ridden civilians, with all kinds of issues including asthma! That is obviously even more unlikely to happen without a medical effect from the vaccine. So now we're going to speculate.

This is what the data from these studies shows
No MMR immunity------------ severe Covid can occur
Old MMR dose------ low titres----- possible severe Covid, worse as titres drop
Recent MMR ---------------- 95-100% observed mild cases only.

So we have some cross immunity, maybe by T cells, maybe by antibodies and the mumps ones seem implicated, which makes no sense as that's a paramyxovirus, different to SARS-Cov-2. What this translates to is faster killing of the virus as it starts to replicate, with a lower number of dead virus matter. Hence, we get less cytokine storm, or none at all. Wish I'd found this collection of data earlier. I'm starting vaccination on selected high risk patients that I know.

This may not be suitable for you, as you may live in a place where the approved vaccines will soon become available. And that is better than a non-established but high potential stopgap. If you are interested you could send the link world.org to your doctor, and talk it over.

Cleaning up contaminated spaces is hard:

They should do as in 1814, burn and rebuild.:p

ob_9f2217_20130824-124946-pm.jpg

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Russia recorded nearly 50,000 additional deaths in October compared to October 2019, according to figures released this Thursday, December 10 by the Rosstat statistics agency, a total much higher than the number of declared deaths from the coronavirus.

Some 205,500 people died in October, making October 2020 the deadliest month in Russia for more than ten years.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

The worsening situation specifically in the USA is on the brink of a potential event that could have an epidemiological impact. Internal organs have no capacity to lie. My heart told me so after Mum died, and I said I was "fine", so it developed Takotsubo cardiomyopathy. That was a couple years ago.

Testosterone levels oppose clotting. Drops in testosterone increase thromboembolic phenomena like strokes. That would be very bad in a large number of older men who are harbouring infection with coronavirus, and a major potential cause of heart attacks/strokes/pulmonary embolisms apart from that.

Following a major psychological defeat, there are major hormone shifts that underlie our responses.

Testosterone levels crash. Cortisol goes up. Immunity drops.

Consescutive losing experiences can batter testosterone into the ground, increasing the health risks apart from the mood changes. Personal losses, sports losses, or any form of tribal loss has a significant health impact. This includes losses in Law and Politics too. The sudden complete infection rate of 100% of a certain legal team, and the one-sided infection surge in the US political circles has happenned for a reason. Not necessarily a behavioural one - that behaviour went on all year long.

As the desperation has grown in the older heavier male cohort least likely to mask, we can see the death rate mounting primarily in specific regions, tied to cultural denial of realities. It is peaking this weekend in a last ditch hopeless Hail Mary, and the dam is going to burst at some point, likely just around Monday, when a ruling on a matter is expected. Oral denial nothwithstanding, internal organs cannot lie about a felt defeat.

Unfortunately, it is going to coincide with the Thanksgiving surge, just as the critical care units are at capacity. I do not know how to counter this, but we can smell the avalanche coming.

Having just one clean loss is vastly safer than a protracted months long sequence of blow after blow, interspersed with financial depletion into lost causes. This consideration is not likely to matter one iota to the criminal beneficiaries of the monies. As the bully says, "Why are you hitting yourself? Gimme the lunch money."

Last edited:
Interesting development regarding treatment for covid - they isolated genes related to bad cases, and that led to possible treatments. Nice to see more science-based solutions, rather that what seemed until now more like 'hey dave, should we try this?'

While this is welcomed, there is a fly in the ointment. Yes, the same fly.
The administration’s reported move to heap on pressure was heavily criticized by health experts, some of whom argued the FDA would save more lives if it waited, because it would not stoke vaccine hesitancy among the American public.

How can we trust the FDA authorization, when CoS Mark Meadows calls up the head, Dr. Hahn, to pass on instructions from above: approve it now, or resign?
As if Mr. Meadows boss has the faintest clue of vaccine approval proceedures, or if bleach is safe to inject?

Literally, we have Clorox Commander trying to tell the FDA what is safe to approve. Can you trust that vaccine met standards of scientific rigor now?
Of course not. The process is irrevocably corrupted.

Common decency precludes further comments. But I will say that if Meadows had called me with those instructions, he would have preferred the bleach injection to the rest of the conversation.

God, I hope somebody competent is handling the rollout logistics.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom