What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Created above-ground aquarium style habitats for caimans, otters, and jaguars, respectively, with spotlights in two of them. Trying to sort out the water/barrier features first, and then will try my hand at actual under-ground viewing. Also had to update my penguin and seal habitats, because the jumping enrichment wasn't recognizing my deep water as deep enough. Took quite a bit of time since once I'd fixed the water, it also changed the mix of terrain paint too.

I'm currently re-building a scenery of one of my favourote children series (for the english speaking people it might be "Emil of Lönneberga", for Germans it's "Michel aus Lönneberg"). It's a swedish story by Astrid Lindgren and kind of a small farm. I plan to integrate reindeers and just rebuild some of the small buildings to do baby steps of overcommingthe fearof building again. (The fact that everyone can build such nice underwater viewing habitats and I can't basically throughme back to my PT beginnings and messed with my selfesteem).

If anyone is interested, google "Katthulthof" to get some impressions.

That is a beautiful idea, I hope you'll share some pictures later!

I won't do anything todax, I really have to take an evening off screen. But I found the sketch for the idea of a Scandinavian Zoo which I drafted some months ago and might doodle around a bit with that, regarding the new features we have now. Oldschool, on paper.

I've built a beautiful double sided Pronghorn Enclosure. One Side Desert, the other Side Prairie. With that the Forest Zoo Area is finished at the Moment. I've built a very wide Path at the Desert Side of the Enclosure and already planned to build a Polar Bear Enclosure there (but I won't build it yet because I fear it might look absolutely bad due to the unrealistic Size. I'm very proud of the Buildings in this Zoo. Every Building is something I've never done before. Completely unique Designs. Now that I'm that good at the Creation of Buildings, I need to think for a long Time about the Polar Bear Building, so I won't ruin my Zoo with something that looks absolutely bad. I've also filled a empty Space with a sitting Area with a elevated planted Area. I wanted something that looks tropical, so I've decided to research which Plants would survive the Winter because I like to build realistic. I've then decided to use Gunnera manicata which looks really nice now. The Plant can survive the Winter if it gets some kind of Protection from the Cold on the Ground around it. I've also planted lots of Trees and other Plants to make the Forest Area better

I have been very sick and bedridden for the past few days so unfortunately, I wasn't able to play at all. I did get to enjoy all the videos from Youtube creators. Yesterday I started a new franchise zoo. Not much is done, but I'm feeling good again and will start working on an otter habitat.

I have been very sick and bedridden for the past few days so unfortunately, I wasn't able to play at all. I did get to enjoy all the videos from Youtube creators. Yesterday I started a new franchise zoo. Not much is done, but I'm feeling good again and will start working on an otter habitat.

Glad you feel better again! <3

Spent today learning more about the water mechanics. Built an above ground aquarium style crocodile habitat, a below ground croc habitat with a cave-style underground viewing spot next to it, and finally a seal habitat with a fully underground tunnel they can swim under. All three will need some decoration (the underground tunnel doesn't even have a glass ceiling!), but I was mostly practicing the game mechanics for the future. Thinking I may try hippos or pygmy hippos next, to continue to work on my water skills.

A few of my previous habitats started saying they didn't have enough deep water, despite having checked them so carefully when first created. Discovered that it appears to be a calculation bug, and that I could fix them similar to what I do with the climbing bug that I get often -- just move any item that will allow it to recalculate again, and voila!

Still uncertain how much I'll do in this week's Community Challenge. I'm thinking I'll probably need to save most of my silver-plus aquatic animals to populate other zoos, since most of them are still new for me (including crocodiles, which I'm not sure why I never got before), and I definitely want them to be in a lot of future zoos. But I do have some baby gharials in one of my other zoos that I may try to age up before the challenge ends, and of course, might get lucky with the breeding and have a surplus to release too.

Believe it or not, although I wanted to take a break from Unity, yesterday I started to built a Japanese Macaque habitat in it. I was in BeyondDrews stream and just wanted to build along.
Seems like it was, again, partly also my preplanning that started the block. I layed out where every habitat should be and obviously that doesn't work out for me. So we'll see how it goes on, but maybe Katthulthof might still have to wait a little. Sorry @Lea_G :) But I can post one of the buildings there at least.

Currently working on turning a gharial enclosure into a Komodo dragon enclosure, which fits my zoo much better. The main outside area is mostly done, but the building to the right needs some work. I also want to add another smaller outside area for implied separation, on the other side of the building.

Komodo.jpg

I rebuilt my tortoise house. The old one was nice but too big and not realistic for the feel of this zoo.

I like it! My only recommendation would be to add a little more variation to the roof shape and perhaps some kind of edging between the wood and glass pieces.

So we'll see how it goes on, but maybe Katthulthof might still have to wait a little. Sorry @Lea_G :) But I can post one of the buildings there at least.

Don't you worry, I was just being curious! I know your feelings about pre-planning though, I am just roughly sketching now and not planning anything too detailed for exactly that reason. This is also my biggest fear for that Scandinavian zoo I intend to start soon: I might not be able to transport what's on my mind into the game, but in this case I need to plan it out a bit. Tough times :D

I have just read around on the forum today and watched some Youtube. My eyes and head are so tired at the moment that I always quit the computer screen relatively early. But I have high hopes for the weekend!

I have just read around on the forum today and watched some Youtube. My eyes and head are so tired at the moment that I always quit the computer screen relatively early. But I have high hopes for the weekend!

Know the feeling. Spent 2 hours today on building an underwater habitat in a challenge zoo. Forgot to connect it to the other paths and not possible anymore - long time since I forgot to do that. Was tired before starting but now just tired of building for today. Restart building that one in the weekend :p, still got a previous save of that zoo

Finally got a Design Idea for the Primate House and planted the Area in Front of it. Now I'm struggling with the Design of the Inside of the Building

@SalamAnders I like what you did with the railing!

@markun it looks much better now. Can I please see it from the other side?

@Urufu1997 did you try to draw it? All my stuff i build is in my sketchbook, because the best ideas come, when i'm on the way (or in my office)

Last couple of days i build on the tiger temple in "Little India". Its not ready at the moment and i need to make some changes. Yesterday my computer have some trouble, i don't now whats going on with him, i think i must take him to the pc-shop...but yeah :D its lockdown time in germany.

This is what I have so far in my new Tropicana Zoo.

Yesterday, I started working on my entrance plaza and signage.

20201218090936_1.jpg

I made a rough layout for my tortoise's habitats.

20201218091119_1.jpg

I'm really happy with this bongo habitat. There's a path that goes "through" the habitat and a stone bridge where animals can cross the path. I called the path the Bongo Trail. I wanted to make it appear as if you are in their habitat.

20201218090954_1.jpg

And the otter habitat which took me about 2 days. I'm quite happy with it.

20201218091022_1.jpg

20201218091100_1.jpg

Top Bottom