The Sol System should not be under the jurisdiction of any one galactic power

*Edit 1: A quick fix would be to make the Sol permit able to be bought and not have to do chores for the Federal navy.

I think the fact that the Sol system is under the thumb of the Federation is wrong, from a gameplay and lore perspective.

The cradle of Humanity in the early 3300s would be the Shangri-La of the galaxy. Trillions of Humans would know Earth as the origin of their galactic species - to think that all Humans were once in the same place would be a humbling and strange concept to them, divorced from the petty machinations of daily life in the busy 3300s. I think that Earth would be considered like Jerusalem is today - a place where Christians, Jews and Muslims are welcome to pray, as it is a holy place in each of their religions - the same agreement would be in place in the future for the Empire, Federation and Alliance, where all descendants of Earth can visit, unimpeded from the slime of politics.

Being an Empire Viscount myself, it's a bit of an immersion breaker to have to do a complete in-lore 180 and have to do missions for and then be promoted by the Federal Navy (a disgusting vehicle of corporate greed which was the home of many Federal pilot's I've murdered in cold blood) just in order to be able to make a pilgrimage to Earth. I doubt that the real powers would be ok with being barred from the home-planet of their species' origin.

I suggest that the Sol system is "de-powerised" in the form of an in-lore treaty - and is policed by an independent faction that is answerable only to Earth's inhabitants.

Last edited:
I think the fact that the Sol system is under the thumb of the Federation is wrong, from a gameplay and lore perspective.

The cradle of Humanity in the early 3300s would be the Shangri-La of the galaxy. Trillions of Humans would know Earth as the origin of their galactic species - to think that all Humans were once in the same place would be a humbling and strange concept to them, divorced from the petty machinations of daily life in the busy 3300s. I think that Earth would be considered like Jerusalem is today - a place where Christians, Jews and Muslims are welcome to pray, as it is a holy place in each of their religions - the same agreement would be in place in the future for the Empire, Federation and Alliance, where all descendants of Earth can visit, unimpeded from the slime of politics.

Being an Empire Viscount myself, it's a bit of an immersion breaker to have to do a complete in-lore 180 and have to do missions for and then be promoted by the Federal Navy (a disgusting vehicle of corporate greed which was the home of many Federal pilot's I've murdered in cold blood) just in order to be able to make a pilgrimage to Earth. I doubt that the real powers would be ok with being barred from the home-planet of their species' origin.

I suggest that the Sol system is "de-powerised" in the form of an in-lore treaty - and is policed by an independent faction that is answerable only to Earth's inhabitants.
Ever watch the expanse?

Erm... Earth has always been the seat of the Federation. It was basically created from the world's governments.
Why should an Empire loyalist have to join an opposing galactic power's navy and be promoted just in order to see the home-planet of their species? Are you telling me that the only true in-lore way for one of the trillions of Human colonials to even catch glimpse of Earth has to do so by joining the military wing of a bloated corpse of corporate greed?

In real life the powers wouldn't allow it, there would be a treaty involved that allowed people to visit.

Why should an Empire loyalist have to join an opposing galactic power's navy and be promoted just in order to see the home-planet of their species? Are you telling me that the only true in-lore way for one of the trillions of Human colonials to even catch glimpse of Earth has to do so by joining the military wing of a bloated corpse of corporate greed?

In real life the powers wouldn't allow it, there would be a treaty involved that allowed people to visit.

Because the Empire is an opposing political faction, the only other way is for all members of other factions to be banned, the Federation can't just let spies wander around willy-nilly, you have to prove your committment to the Federation by joining it's military!

Simply, you need to brush up on Elite lore.

I think that Earth would be considered like Jerusalem is today - a place where Christians, Jews and Muslims are welcome to pray, as it is a holy place in each of their religions - the same agreement would be in place in the future for the Empire, Federation and Alliance, where all descendants of Earth can visit, unimpeded from the slime of politics.

Jerusalem is controlled by Israel and access is hardly unimpeded, or free from political considerations.

Because the Federation controls it and has enough power to enforce it's rules. I think the implementation of the permit system is stupid and there should be ways around it, but using them should be highly illegal and quite dangerous.

In real life there are plenty of places I cannot legally go due to various twists of geopolitics.

The same reason Achenar is permit locked and not in the hands of an independent faction.

Regardless of the history of the planet, Sol is the seat of government for the Federation. Personally I find it lore breaking that anyone other than the Federal Congress controls it.

With the exception of us humans originating in SOL, what's the difference between Sol and any other system that has planets, moons and such. The Federation controls what exactly and why would any opposing force, want it.
There's a gazillion more systems out in the black that are more conducive to any life style one would care to enjoy. Sol just happened to be the first. But those days are gone, let it go. Earth is no longer habitable and by the time it if ever is. There will be considerably more system that will an would be conducive.
At what point can we no longer consider our selves Earthlings or Humans when no one has been born for more than a thousand years in Sol.

Peoples' opinions on how important Jerusalem is, is subjective at best. I can't say I personally know anyone at all that thinks Jerusalem is special for any reason. That's more of a religious thing. I think those with no personal ties to earth won't care a lick about it. Just look at the belters on The Expanse. And that's only a few hundred years from now in the same system imagine >1000 years and having never even seen it

People in the 3300s have lived their whole lives on earth-like colony worlds, stations, and remote settlements.

What would Earth really mean to someone who grew up on the earth-like planet Lave? It’s not home for them like it is for us.

We see Earth as special because we live here. But what about the people of the distant future?

Top Bottom