The Sol System should not be under the jurisdiction of any one galactic power

Yes, "blaze your own trail"

But only when you're a Petty Officer in the Federal Navy

Seems like the lore fail is is not at my end, friend.

The seat of the Empire is Achenar... what rank do you reckon we have to be to get in there... The Lore fail definitely is on your end...

Lets re-educate:

Just for completion too Alioth (the Alliance capital) is also locked & you have to gain favour with the ruling faction there to access it (as there is no alliance military so to speak).

Last edited:
The politics are simple here, the Federation sees itself as the rightful heirs of humanity, so why wouldn't they restrict access to the feudal splinter group that calls itself the Empire or the rebellion that calls itself the Alliance? And yes, if they thought they could claim Sol safely, the Empire and the Alliance would happily go to war to claim it from the Federation.

There's also the simple issue of scale. Sol is the seat of government of the Federation and the Federation is absolutely huge compared to modern Earth countries; practically the entire system is devoted to government offices and military facilities. Sol isn't just Earth, it's basically Elite's equivalent of the White House in the middle of the cold war, and it wouldn't be a good idea to let potential enemy agents within firing range of it. Letting anyone and their fleet of potential warships into the system is just asking for a false-flag operation to destabilise the power.

"The Cradle of Civilization", Mesopotamia, modern day Iraq is hardly a major tourist destination.
We're all essentially descendants of Genghis Khan but I have no urge to visit Mongolia....
Yep very valid points

In the 34th Century I would probably be correct in surmising that the average pleb, i.e. citizen of the galaxy has no damn idea of Earth at all, it is just some random planet mentioned in school during boring history lessons. Much the same as Mesopotamia or the power of Genghis Khan's loins are mentioned now.

If you think logically about it, for someone in the 34th Century Earth is a myth, some magical planet and if they went there they would be severely disappointed to find out it is 'just another ELW'.

The seat of the Empire is Achenar... what rank do you reckon we have to be to get in there... The Lore fail definitely is on your end...

Lets re-educate:

Just for completion too Alioth (the Alliance capital) is also locked & you have to gain favour with the ruling faction there to access it (as there is no alliance military so to speak).
"Let me educate you... adjusts glasses... it says so in these links why it's not allowed".

It's a dumb gameplay mechanic, nothing lore-wise says that individual visitors to earth would be permit-locked. Earth shouldn't be permit locked, end of story. I couldn't give a damn about the Alliance homeworld when I want to explore the many actual, in real-life stuff our solar system.

Yep very valid points

In the 34th Century I would probably be correct in surmising that the average pleb, i.e. citizen of the galaxy has no damn idea of Earth at all, it is just some random planet mentioned in school during boring history lessons. Much the same as Mesopotamia or the power of Genghis Khan's loins are mentioned now.

If you think logically about it, for someone in the 34th Century Earth is a myth, some magical planet and if they went there they would be severely disappointed to find out it is 'just another ELW'.
We're all essentially descendants of Genghis Khan but I have no urge to visit Mongolia....
The origin of Humanity? The only world where Humans came form and you don't think people will care? You are wrong.

We're all descendants of Genghis Khan? I didn't know I was Mongolian, I thought my ancestors were British...

Last edited:
I haven't reported anyone - besides, why would I report you? What are you talking about?

This is getting off-topic.
It is just you have shown you can't handle any form of criticism or someone having a different view to your own, you are abusive and argumentative. Goodbye

It is just you have shown you can't handle any form of criticism or someone having a different view to your own, you are abusive and argumentative. Goodbye
I don't even know what view you think I can't handle?

Are you ok mate? Is your dignity still intact?

Should the British people lobby the government to not allow Americans or other colonials back?
You’re completely missing the fact that after a certain point they are no longer “colonists”. Most Americans couldn’t care less about visiting or even what’s going on in the UK, and it’s not even been 300 years with only an ocean between us.

it’s laughable to think that humans that have spent 10 generations on a different planet, LYs away, would have any cares about earth.

"Let me educate you... adjusts glasses... it says so in these links why it's not allowed".

It's a dumb gameplay mechanic, nothing lore-wise says that individual visitors to earth would be permit-locked. Earth shouldn't be permit locked, end of story. I couldn't give a damn about the Alliance homeworld when I want to explore the many actual, in real-life stuff our solar system.

The origin of Humanity? The only world where Humans came form and you don't think people will care? You are wrong.

We're all descendants of Genghis Khan? I didn't know I was Mongolian, I thought my ancestors were British...
Could have fooled me, I would have bet on mongoloid

Could have fooled me, I would have bet on mongoloid
English people were an established people 200 years before time of Genghis Khan, you didn't know that?
You’re completely missing the fact that after a certain point they are no longer “colonists”. Most Americans couldn’t care less about visiting or even what’s going on in the UK, and it’s not even been 300 years with only an ocean between us.

it’s laughable to think that humans that have spent 10 generations on a different planet, LYs away, would have any cares about earth.
It will always be there, the space colonists would tell tales about how their ancestors came from Earth. This is very simple stuff - look at a comparison with Christianity - 2,000 years and barely anything has changed in founding concepts - are you suggesting that almost 1,286 years into the future people the people of Elite Dangerous won't care about Earth?

All over the galaxy the Humans would visit in their millions but it would be very expensive to keep the rabble out - I can't fathom how you think that the literal home of a galaxy-wide Humanity would just be ignored.

Instead of permit-lock, a permit could be bought for a small fortune. Much more new-user friendly too, gives them something to aim for instead of having to rank up in the military. More room to "blaze your own trail".

Last edited:
space colonists
they are no longer colonists after 1000 years, you don’t seem to get this

look at a comparison with Christianity - 2,000 years and barely anything has changed in founding concepts
This is a laughably misinformed opinion

Instead of permit-lock, a permit could be bought for a small fortune.
This I agree with. It would be cool to be able to buy a counterfeit permit from a black market that would allow travel to the locked system, but if scanned the system security will try to vent your ship. I’d really like that to be honest

Top Bottom