Ships Advice on engineering my Chieftain

Ive done exactly as suggested but every time I relog, I lose the emission signals. I have to go back to the nav beacon and rescan. Then HGEs come up again.

Either way I filled up on imperial shielding and got a good bit of some others. Now im at jameson site. thx for all the help. Its a long road.

Hmmmm....after relogging, the HGE will appear only after you are in supercruise and ONLY as an Unidentified Signal Source..... It's only with 10mm or so of the USS that the signal identifies itself as an HGE

Sometimes, the USS/HGE will not be at the top of the Nav panel but further down. What you want to target is the closet USS to your ship. I have had to scroll down to find it at times.

What CMDR Lands said ^^ (and it's almost always directly behind you - zero throttle and pitch until you see the 'disengage')
Unless anyone has a better way?
o7

What CMDR Lands said ^^ (and it's almost always directly behind you - zero throttle and pitch until you see the 'disengage')
Unless anyone has a better way?
o7
The problem that im having is that after completely logging out to desktop and then logging back in, all emission signals are gone when i jump into sc. If I travel back to the nav beacon and rescan then they appear again.

Basically Im just doing all HGEs in system then ill go rescan the nav beacon.

Hmmmm....after relogging, the HGE will appear only after you are in supercruise and ONLY as an Unidentified Signal Source..... It's only with 10mm or so of the USS that the signal identifies itself as an HGE

Sometimes, the USS/HGE will not be at the top of the Nav panel but further down. What you want to target is the closet USS to your ship. I have had to scroll down to find it at times.
Hm ill try again and look for USS

Hm ill try again and look for USS
If you filter only for HSS once you relog in and get to SC there will be only one,the one you farmed before,so no problems here,maybe it's a problem on PC because on Consoles it works exactly that way,yesterday i replicated on PS4 and asked a friend on XBox and all was ok,ask someone on PC to test it too,if it works for him/them than you are doing something wrong,if it does not work thne it's a PC thing.

If you filter only for HSS once you relog in and get to SC there will be only one,the one you farmed before,so no problems here,maybe it's a problem on PC because on Consoles it works exactly that way,yesterday i replicated on PS4 and asked a friend on XBox and all was ok,ask someone on PC to test it too,if it works for him/them than you are doing something wrong,if it does not work thne it's a PC thing.
It works. It shows up as a USS like someone stated

On PC it works perfectly fine, I did it when I started out, until I decided it is not to be considered intended gameplay mechanic. Now I just collect them the normal way. Takes a little longer, but my RP is not disturbed. 😉

On PC it works perfectly fine, I did it when I started out, until I decided it is not to be considered intended gameplay mechanic. Now I just collect them the normal way. Takes a little longer, but my RP is not disturbed. 😉
Yeah i understand that but sometimes I have no time enough to go RP too and use shortcuts ;) Anyway I was pretty sure it worked on PC too,this is a confirmation.

I'm a bit late to the party, but I'll chime in that even as a multi-billionaire, the Chieftain is still my favourite combat ship, bar none. I just love the package of maneuverability and firepower. ^^

It's been a while since I decked it out so I don't know everything by heart anymore, but my first prio was G5 Dirty Drag Drives, then weapons and everything else, overcharging the PP as necessary to keep up with power requirements. My shields are pretty balanced with good resis against everything. The small and med HPs are filled with lasers, and on the large ones I use either gimballed OC multicannons or focused plasma accelerators, depending. Most military slots are fitted with Module reinforcements.

(Generally, and you're probably already aware of this, if you run MCs they should always be as big as possible due to the way armour piercing mechanics work.)

I'm a bit late to the party, but I'll chime in that even as a multi-billionaire, the Chieftain is still my favourite combat ship, bar none. I just love the package of maneuverability and firepower. ^^
As I cant really get the hang of the FDL, I am about to build myself a dedicated PVE Chieftain. Would you mind having a look at my build? PVE Chieftain
Any suggestions? (don't mind the missing power on it, I'll adjust the PP when the rest is set.) I am still a little undecided on the weapons layout, like the feel of the rails and the effectiveness of the MC's, but for longer bounty hunting sessions something without ammo requirement would also be quite nice.

As I cant really get the hang of the FDL, I am about to build myself a dedicated PVE Chieftain. Would you mind having a look at my build? PVE Chieftain
Any suggestions? (don't mind the missing power on it, I'll adjust the PP when the rest is set.) I am still a little undecided on the weapons layout, like the feel of the rails and the effectiveness of the MC's, but for longer bounty hunting sessions something without ammo requirement would also be quite nice.

I haven't had much success with Rails myself -- but as I understand, they are more suited for PVP and maybe Assassination missions, not so much for generic RES/CZ hunting.

As I said I'm using an assortment of gimballed Lasers on the S and M hardpoints, which ofc have the advantage of not needing ammo. Note that my mods may not be optimal, but they're good enough. ;) I run Long Range Phasing Sequence on the Burst Lasers to catch quitters who try to run away with 1% hull and shields just back up.

MCs are simple OC,
PAs are Focused Plasma Slug. Focused gives you better projectile speed and range, so much easier to actually hit stuff. Plasma Slug also alleviates ammo problems -- you can run for hours without needing to refuel.

Your putting Corrosive on your smallest MC is a good idea. I'd do that too if I didn't want that HP for a laser.
So long story short, I'd suggest to just drop the rails and put on gimballed burst lasers, presto. ^^

I just love the package of maneuverability and firepower. ^^
Firepower it's not at its best in the Alliance ships,both Kraits/Python and even FAS has better firepower overall,handling is good, canopy is the most fragile of all Mediums.
I haven't had much success with Rails myself -- but as I understand, they are more suited for PVP and maybe Assassination missions, not so much for generic RES/CZ hunting.
Rails are perfectly suited for PvE,if you can use them they're devastating,like Plasmas.

MCs are simple OC,
PAs are Focused Plasma Slug. Focused gives you better projectile speed and range, so much easier to actually hit stuff. Plasma Slug also alleviates ammo problems -- you can run for hours without needing to refuel.
Rails are perfectly suited for PvE,if you can use them they're devastating,like Plasmas.
I only recently started using them, and I like them a lot. They feel like they really pack a punch, like literally! :cool:
For my chieftain I am thinking about using short range plasma slug on them, could be a devastating loadout. If I calculated it correctly I would have a theoratical ammo capacity of around 266 shots per rail gun on the chieftains main fuel tank. Much better than the regular ammo capacity.
Still a little undecided though, if not long range is the better option in the long run.

I only recently started using them, and I like them a lot. They feel like they really pack a punch, like literally! :cool:
For my chieftain I am thinking about using short range plasma slug on them, could be a devastating loadout. If I calculated it correctly I would have a theoratical ammo capacity of around 266 shots per rail gun on the chieftains main fuel tank. Much better than the regular ammo capacity.
Still a little undecided though, if not long range is the better option in the long run.
On my ships where I use Plasma i usually engineer them with Focused,shot speed is way better this way, the drawback is more heath generated,the other best option is Efficient to avoid overheating problems.

On my ships where I use Plasma i usually engineer them with Focused,shot speed is way better this way, the drawback is more heath generated,the other best option is Efficient to avoid overheating problems.
How hard is it to learn how to shoot with rails and and plasma?

Shot speed on rail guns? :unsure: I think you misread me a little there, I was not talking about plasma accelerators, but rail guns with plasma slug ammo. 😉 If i have read the stats correctly the plasma slug experimental brings a reduced heat generation as well?
How hard is it to learn how to shoot with rails and and plasma?
Wasn't too easy for me, I had to readjust my entire control sheme to be able to hit something. (i.e. response curves for my joystick) Railguns have a little firing delay and are in fixed vaiant only. But if you are familiar with fixed lasers you should be fine using rails as well. :)

Top Bottom