CG = Carrier Goal

Don't bother trying to get top 75% delivering stuff for CG. The carriers will all get top 75% and some won't even make that. They can deliver 25,000 goods. I managed to get 50% in the first 3 days but then the carriers began to deliver and I ended up 100%. That is not community to me.

The math is very simple.

• a carrier need to be loaded and unloaded. that adds 10 minutes per run. (undocking - sc to station - docking - repeat).
  • every CG with a source station less than 10 minutes jumping (!) is not rational to use a carrier for, as everything else will be same(-y).

this CG has a source station at 18ly - so - what do you think are the people doing to spend the 10 minutes they win by not loading and unloading a FC first?

Don't bother trying to get top 75% delivering stuff for CG. The carriers will all get top 75% and some won't even make that. They can deliver 25,000 goods. I managed to get 50% in the first 3 days but then the carriers began to deliver and I ended up 100%. That is not community to me.

what CG you talking about?

I'm doing it on my XB main with no carrier involved.
Nearest station at 1 jump distance - which makes it faster to load at the source station and unload at the CG station than to double the work by loading/unloading at the source station then loading/unloading at the CG station...
And it you dont get a spot right near the station, the insystem travel can be longer than incoming from the dropoff point near the sun (which allows to increase supercruise speed very fast compared to starting from a nearby planet)

So, yea, the joke's on the Muppets doing it with the carriers :D

It was not the amount of cargo carried as much as it was the speed at which the CG was completed. I reached 50% then took a trip to get more resources for engineering and before I could return the CG was finished and I was out of the running.
Most carrier owners spent their time filling their carriers up, with up to 25,000 tonnes. Then they all unloaded at the same time and that was the end of that. There was absolutely nothing I could do about it.
You all have very simply minds if you could not see this. I wanted this module. But it seems to get it I would have had to grind non-stop 24-7 and even then, I'd not be able to guarantee top 75%.
Why can't you all see this?
Carriers have wrecked the game for those who don't want carriers. I've never played this game to accumulate wealth. I've enjoyed roll playing the game and playing it in my own way. Yet here I am, getting abuse and "cry me a river" comments.
I have no way to guarantee I'll ever be able to contribute enough materials to get the 75% rewards. So CG is literally Carrier Goal for me.
The rich get richer. The rest get ignored. And more than this, most of the people with over 10 billion probably took advantage of bad program design to make that money. They abused the system which has always been open to abuse.
Please tell me what part of this is Community? I see no Community spirit here.

What it all boils down to is this, which is what you are all telling me: When there is a CG, and you do anything other than grind grind grind non-stop, you only have yourself to blame if you do no make the grade. You were simply not grinding hard enough. If that is what a Community Goal is, you can shove it up your ....

Last edited:
It was not the amount of cargo carried as much as it was the speed at which the CG was completed. I reached 50% then took a trip to get more resources for engineering and before I could return the CG was finished and I was out of the running.
What are you talking about? The combat CG finished early, the trade one is still going. And the 75% target is trivially low, even now.

It was not the amount of cargo carried as much as it was the speed at which the CG was completed.

You might got confused somewhere along the road. Guess you are looking at values for bounties (4 millions for top 75%) and not at the ones for trade CG (1153t for top75%)
Only the Bounty CG completed - and really fast.

The Trade CG still going, currently at 49% completion and going for another 22 hours.

Most carrier owners spent their time filling their carriers up, with up to 25,000 tonnes. Then they all unloaded at the same time and that was the end of that. There was absolutely nothing I could do about it.
You all have very simply minds if you could not see this. I wanted this module. But it seems to get it I would have had to grind non-stop 24-7 and even then, I'd not be able to guarantee top 75%.
Why can't you all see this?
Carriers have wrecked the game for those who don't want carriers. I've never played this game to accumulate wealth. I've enjoyed roll playing the game and playing it in my own way. Yet here I am, getting abuse and "cry me a river" comments.
I have no way to guarantee I'll ever be able to contribute enough materials to get the 75% rewards. So CG is literally Carrier Goal for me.
The rich get richer. The rest get ignored. And more than this, most of the people with over 10 billion probably took advantage of bad program design to make that money. They abused the system which has always been open to abuse.
Please tell me what part of this is Community? I see no Community spirit here.

What it all boils down to is this, which is what you are all telling me: When there is a CG, and you do anything other than grind grind grind non-stop, you only have yourself to blame if you do no make the grade. You were simply not grinding hard enough. If that is what a Community Goal is, you can shove it up your ....
The current CG has just under a day to go until the owners of the Point Defence Turrets are decided.

1,800 tonnes will get you close to the top of the 75% band, that is 30 runs in a 60 tonne capacity ship split over 5 days which doesn’t seem especially grindy for the space haulage aspect of the game.

As for the community aspect on one of the previous CGs mentioned where carriers made a difference I became friends with the owners of a couple of carriers then I could sell required goods to the carrier for an acceptable markup then after the carrier had taken me back to near the CG system bought the goods from the carrier at a price between what he had paid and what the CG was paying I then jumped to the destination and sold the goods, plenty of community involvement (I was not the only one helping) and everyone made money at each stage.

There is probably not a lot of that going on with this CG as the short distances work better for Cutters and T9s which doing the same effort mentioned above could deliver over 18,000 tonnes and be in the 10% band.

Top Bottom