Every Build I Create Has Auto Dock

I know real pilots don't auto dock.

The thing is, I'm not a real pilot. So when I arrive from whatever the hell I was doing, for however long I've been doing it, I want a goddam computer to dock my ship and a bit of classical music to play me in. It's a lifestyle. In a way, it's a personal mini-challenge. It is a slot permanently reserved, wasted and frivolously enjoyed for no reason any rational pilot would ever approve of.

I salute every single one of you anti-auto dockers. You are better people, and certainly better pilots.

Whoever thought of using this piece in the game is an absolute star. The Beautiful Blue Danube - André Rieu - YouTube

I know real pilots don't auto dock.

The thing is, I'm not a real pilot. So when I arrive from whatever the hell I was doing, for however long I've been doing it, I want a goddam computer to dock my ship and a bit of classical music to play me in. It's a lifestyle. In a way, it's a personal mini-challenge. It is a slot permanently reserved, wasted and frivolously enjoyed for no reason any rational pilot would ever approve of.

I salute every single one of you anti-auto dockers. You are better people, and certainly better pilots.

Whoever thought of using this piece in the game is an absolute star. The Beautiful Blue Danube - André Rieu - YouTube
Real pilots start off with auto-dock because they need it, then do without it to check they have the skills to dock manually, then go back to using auto-dock because it's convenient. Also supercruise assist.

Auto Dock..wow a luxury. And to me and many others a wasted module slot.
Only wish we could rip the planetary landing module out too and land for ourselves. At least the option.

Learn to manually dock.
You're going to be worse than useless rescueing civilians from burning stations, which is one of the most tense and rewarding non combat jobs there is for a pilot.
They fuel your ship, load and unload your cargo, clean out your toilets, pour your drinks and cook your meals, line up jobs, pay your combat bonds, trade materials, sort out your fines. The least you could do is be ready to rescue them when the need arises.
They can't all dive out into space like Naomi Ngata escaping the clutches of her husband, y'know.
Jeez, you auto dockers are just so damn selfish..

Deleted member 182079

D
All my trade ships have SC assist and autodock, because it's more convenient and I can do other stuff (checking the galmap etc.) in the meantime.

All mine are autodock too - it's handy for supping on a cup of tea / pint while you're waiting.
I only manually dock if autodock messing about in a queue (as it's a space station not Sainsburys).

Also I've turned off the crappy song as I absolutely hate classical music and that piece in particular.

What bugs me the most is that we need one slot, equivalent of at least 1000 kg of cargo, for a docking computer, in the year 3307.
1280 years ago, in the 2020s, we had computers already able to drive autonomously though. I wonder why this tech developed so poorly along those 12 centuries. And how did computers get so heavy? I don't think a docking computer, along with the necessary sensors, would need nearly that much space or weight, but hey, hard to predict the future I guess :ROFLMAO:

Docking computer + supercruise assist should be in by default in absolutely all ships 12 centuries from now.

Top Bottom