Every Build I Create Has Auto Dock

Like others here, I can always think of a module I would prefer having over the ADC. If they were to ever bake it into the ships computer, I would use it, at least sometimes, despite how much slower it usually is than just docking manually. But as it is, I think my T9 tritium barge is the only ship I have with ADC installed simply due to it making the 10-15 boring and repetitive trips between my FC and a station buying/selling tritium and other commodities/mineables at least somewhat less annoying.
Now, for exploration, and certain other niche builds, I do install a SCA. Trucking out 40K Ls or more to some POI or anomaly or second star with some interesting planets is just so much easier with the SCA.

Just saying docking can be pretty fast with auto docking depending on how you use it. Like fly into the station go near the pad then let computer take over. It's something appreciated for someone who did space trucking. The countless jumps and docking while watching videos in mid jumps.

I agree entirely - I was being light-hearted, should have added a wink!

Auto is perilous...
I did lose a Cutter a couple of weeks ago in a station when I'd just kicked off autolaunch and the dogs needed a wee-wee...
Came back to the rebuy screen 5 minutes later - it must have gotten stuck! I admit to laughing, the only time I'd left the ADC to its own devices for weeks! It wouldn't have been quite so funny if it had been landing with 720t Palladium on-board though ;)

Oh yeah I concur my cutter was destroyed once by the dumb autopilot, you gotta be watchful of what it does.

For PvE ship (AX excluded) you have plenty of room on almost every ships to fit it, or you are seriously overkilling it. I have SC assist on all of my ship except AX and pvp ones because I find SC boring and time consuming, with assist you can either be there quicker or do something else. I don't mind docking, actually I love it with agile ships. I mainly put autodock on cargo ships. My minins ships need them but there I lack rooms yes.

Top Bottom