Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Surprisingly, nobody on here noted that Star Citizen was shut down for an entire database reset and maintenance in the early hours of this morning...haven't checked to see if Spectrum or the SC servers are back up yet.

I thought they would have used the opportunity to release the 3.12.1 PTU patch to live...but apparently, releasing a patch immediately after a clean reset of the servers and database didn't seem like a good idea to Ci¬G :unsure:

Edit: From what's buzzing around Spectrum...it seems Ci¬G have cut the server cap to <30...I haven't been on to check it yet so I'll confirm after I manage to get online.

Last edited:
Surprisingly, nobody on here noted that Star Citizen was shut down for an entire database reset and maintenance in the early hours of this morning...haven't checked to see if Spectrum or the SC servers are back up yet.

I thought they would have used the opportunity to release the 3.12.1 PTU patch to live...but apparently, releasing a patch immediately after a clean reset of the servers and database didn't seem like a good idea to Ci¬G :unsure:

Edit: From what's buzzing around Spectrum...it seems Ci¬G have cut the server cap to <30...I haven't been on to check it yet so I'll confirm after I manage to get online.

Does that mean people will have lost stuff purchased with in-game credits?

And server cap of 30??? No..... really?

e0c27dcc1b9e04ad3ef3597479760e80.gif

Does that mean people will have lost stuff purchased with in-game credits?

And server cap of 30??? No..... really?

e0c27dcc1b9e04ad3ef3597479760e80.gif
No loss of aUEC, equipment, upgrades or ships bought in game, at least not for me ...but the server cap has been reduced in the PTU servers...possibly to less than 30...there's only 20 folk on this live server and it hasn't changed since I joined it. Folk on spectrum are reporting similar both in the PTU and PU. The launcher is reporting as still 50 players...but there's certainly not 50 on this live server despite what the launcher says.

The lowering of the cap might be in prep for the xeno threat stuff...it's still buggy in the PTU. We'll wait and see no doubt. I can't see a lowered cap to 30 or less being in any way popular.

Last edited:

I've been grieving over LA's departure, Mole. What are we gonna do now? Tear each other to bits? I know there will be someone else, but LA was not a bad kind of entertainer.

No loss of aUEC, equipment, upgrades or ships bought in game, at least not for me ...but the server cap has been reduced in the PTU servers...possibly to less than 30...there's only 20 folk on this live server and it hasn't changed since I joined it. Folk on spectrum are reporting similar both in the PTU and PU. The launcher is reporting as still 50 players...but there's certainly not 50 on this live server despite what the launcher says.

The lowering of the cap might be in prep for the xeno threat stuff...it's still buggy in the PTU. We'll wait and see no doubt. I can't see a lowered cap to 30 or less being in any way popular.
Or maybe they will publish SQ42 alpha, that was supposed to be single player game :D Server cap of one :D

CR: "Guys, we have to get people to stop playing! Then we can close CiG down and say we ran out of money and are done! I want to retire to my yacht!"
Dev: "We can charge more for ships..."
CR: "Noo! They just buy more! We need them gone, I'm tired of this! My mattress is already full of $$$$!"
Dev: "We can reduce the size of the only system they can visit..."
CR: "Nooo, they like all being in one place!"
Dev: "We can make the game buggy as hell and crash a lot..."
CR: "Nooo! They love the emergent gameplay and just messing around together! Help!"
Dev: "We can stop that fun gameplay - reduce the server cap to ... 20?"
CR" "Ok! Let's give it a go - we can always go lower if they don't leave!"

And they say SC doesn't have a roadmap :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom