Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Get ready for ToW shortly!
Thirdly we will be bringing ToW shortly to Evo again. We have made strides towards giving it a more PU identity in how you spawn and play the game – but for us to even consider launching it to the masses we would need to improve the performance and net sync – and this means improving it for the PU – as ToW is the PU. It’s a planet and uses all the same assets. We benefit from the same improvements and suffer the same problems whether it’s the PU, S42 or ToW.
LINK

Wait... Did they remove Delamar and Levski and reduce player cap so they can put Tow in?
If you assume that for once — just this one time, as opposed to all the others — they understand and correctly reference the concept of “shortly” then sure, yes. Otherwise, no.

Only a year and a half after we were told it was in a good state!
Well yes. After all, how long did it take for them to have quanta running in secret on a computer in the back room to it being rele…oh. Oooh.

OMG... this is brilliant.

Jump to 19 minutes

SU86osr.png

Interesting article about Amazon's struggles to release quality games and i think the attentive reader might note some parallels with CIG along with the impact of using Lumberyard.

CIG’s perfect partner...

The game studios even established their own separate set of principles, although the credos frequently changed and sometimes were in tension with one another, say four people who worked there. Each game world should accommodate as many players as possible, yet also be fun to play solo at the same time. They had to be huge financial successes on a Call of Duty scale but also innovative and unlike anything the world had seen before. To experienced game developers, these rules seemed like a surefire way to not release anything.

On a different occasion, says another developer, the team cringed as Frazzini struggled to differentiate between hyper-polished conceptual footage and live gameplay, a sign he didn’t understand the technology.

Some meetings got sidetracked when Frazzini, armed with the latest VentureBeat article about whatever game was making the most money that month, demanded they chase a new trend, four developers say.

OMG... this is brilliant.

Jump to 19 minutes

😄

Chris Roberts will surely want to use Chinese Quantum Internet so that CIG's rivals won't be able to hack their network and steal all the ground breaking tech they have built.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Edit: From what's buzzing around Spectrum...it seems Ci¬G have cut the server cap to <30...I haven't been on to check it yet so I'll confirm after I manage to get online.
A bit skeptical here. 20 caps or sub 30 would be a big blunder. Unless something temporary for testing purposes etc. Is there any more linkable and postable evidence?

Just ignore Jorunn...everybody else does :D

Yeah, I doubt there is a single game on the planet that doesn't have some silly hyped fans making daft claims about it on twitter. Not sure what asking hypothetical questions to these people, on a forum they don't even visit, is supposed to accomplish but I guess Agony really showed them. Or something.

Top Bottom