COMPLETED CG Enhanced Missile Rack Initiative (Mining)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
True, been in Elite since the beginning and only now seriously tried mining for the first time (as I noticed CG at its last 24h and had to learn fast), with mining fitted Cutter.

Start were painful with metallic rings stuff (also it were a quick learning session what to mine where and how, so thank you FD making me learn how to mine in case my carrier runs out of fuel), until I found triple hot spot for Boredomium at ice rings with my previous CG engineered Surface Scanner.
That got me quick into 114 tons contributed, just enough past 108 tons to be in top 75%.

So overall this were at the same time for me both a learning experience (I now know how to mine fuel for my carrier, and also know for sure now that mining is just not for me just for credits sake), and something new and refreshing (no matter how boring i jumping from asteroid to asteroid were) I would not have even tested without CG unless totally necessary.

So thank you FD for this mining CG, but I just hope no more mining CG´s for special modules (because obviously I am pretty special pilot as I can not make much credits out of mining like everybody else here).

If you want to mine for Tritium the better setup uses mainly SSDM's like my Python, go into Tritium Hotspot and only bother with the glowing rocks, with practice about 45 min to fill hold. Straight laser for Tritium will only get about 100t per hour.

I gave it a miss myself, felt too jaded by the earlier issue I had of not being credited for providing materials to carry on, so I decided to grind rank for the Empire.

Summary
System: Eurybia
Station: Awyra Flirble (Coriolis Starport, large pads available, 205 Ls from main star, 80.83 Ly from Sol)
Objective: Deliver mined Bromellite, Lithium Hydroxide, Osmium and Samarium
Time limit: 11th February 3307 @ 06:00 UTC

Description
The engineer Liz Ryder has requested mined materials to help make a previously unique ship module widely available.
The module is a fully engineered lightweight and high capacity Class 2 Seeker Missile Rack with thermal cascade. It was offered in October 3306 to pilots who helped defend the Eurybia system from Imperial forces. At the time, the Empire suspected Liz Ryder of supplying weapons to the NMLA terrorist group.
Ms Ryder has announced that her aim is to make this specially modified weapon available for purchase at all human technology brokers.
To support the initiative, shipments of bromellite, lithium hydroxide, osmium and samarium can be delivered to the Awyra Flirble starport in the Eurybia system.
Each tier reached will further reduce the resources required for acquiring the module in the first two weeks of availability, starting on the 12th of February 3307.
  • Proto Radiolic Alloys base requirements 16, reduced by two for each tier above Tier 1.
  • Conductive Ceramics base requirements 24, reduced by four for each tier above Tier 1.
  • Hybrid Capacitors base requirements 26, reduced by four for each tier above Tier 1.
  • Phosphorus base requirements 28, reduced by four for each tier above Tier 1.
  • Osmium base requirements 10, reduced by one for each tier above Tier 1.
If the initiative is successful, Liz Ryder will gift the module to the top 75% of pilots. The module will be placed in storage at the Awyra Flirble starport in the Eurybia system by the 12th of February 3307.
To be eligible for rewards, you must sign up as an active participant before handing in Bromellite, Lithium Hydroxide, Osmium and Samarium at the Awyra Flirble starport in the Eurybia system.
Be aware that faction-state changes and other disruptive events can negatively impact markets and station services, and could prevent the initiative from running smoothly.

Mining resources:
Pristine metallic ring finder website: https://edtools.cc/index.php?s=
-Courtesy of CMDR VicTic

Notes:
- Station Services: Commodities Market, Black Market, Shipyard, Outfitting, Repair, Restock, Refuel

- Prices @ Awyra Flirble
  • Bromellite: 45,633 Cr/T
  • Lithium Hydroxide: 8,510 Cr/T
  • Osmium: 67,770 Cr/T
  • Samarium: 38,777 Cr/T
Latest status
Last updated: 11 February @ 10:15 UTC - finished - final data added

Current Progress:
Current Participation Rewards:
Global Progress: 2,321,505 tonnes delivered (3.2M tonnes final target)
Contributors: 5,719
Reward Tier: 4/5
Global Reward: Modified missile rack available from human tech. brokers
Discounted purchase requirements if higher tiers achieved
Top 10 CMDRs: 64,000,000 CR
Top 10%: 40,000,000 CR
Top 25%: 24,000,000 CR
Top 50%: 16,000,000 CR
Top 75%: 8,000,000 CR
Top 100%: 800,000 CR

CG threshold tracking
Inara (https://inara.cz/galaxy-communitygoals/) tracks overall progress, your contributions and estimates tier boundaries.

Journal data (used to track progress) can be submitted via various third party tools or by direct journal imports on Inara. For more details see https://inara.cz/inara-api/.

New &/or have questions about the Community Goals? Check out the Community Goal Guide ... click here

i didn't get my missile rack. did anybody else receive theirs?

i didn't get my missile rack. did anybody else receive theirs?
"The module will be placed in storage at the Awyra Flirble starport in the Eurybia system by the 12th of February 3307."

It would appear that language is not FD's strong point - assuming UTC.

Will human technology brokers also exist by 12 Feb - or whenever this means?

Paraphrased movie quote.
The Ides of February have arrived.
Aye but not gone.

Elite-themed Ides of February:

I'd rather not dock on a stranger's FC.
I'd really love to see the fourth dev diary.
I'd think giving corporations even more power in the Federation sounds like a bad idea.
I'd never eat anything Rubbernuke offers me.

EuBdng5XAAA2s6L

EuBenobWgAYVv79

Last edited:
Can we get more than one of those ? and if yes where ? cause I have nothing at the closest tech broker froml Eurybia

Can we get more than one of those ? and if yes where ? cause I have nothing at the closest tech broker froml Eurybia
Fdev never Stated when ? the human tech broker is to be updated they only stated when the free version for those in the CG was due by...

Fdev never Stated when ? the human tech broker is to be updated they only stated when the free version for those in the CG was due by...
Each tier reached will further reduce the resources required for acquiring the module in the first two weeks of availability, starting on the 12th of February 3307
But the discount should start sometime today so hopefully that will apply to the module as well.

Can you re-engineer the module so that you can swap lightweight with something else like rapid fire?

Then you get hi-cap + rapid fire mmmmmhmmmm

Hello fellow Cmdrs <O

I received the missile rack, but do not believe I have received the credit amount (I checked last night and the amount has remained the same, after receiving the missile rack).

I too would like to purchase a second one and think I remember that the reduction to do so starts after the event finished for a period of 2 weeks only?

When this part is triggered - where do I actually buy the items (with the reduced Mat requirement)?

Thank you for your time.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom