Any News on Broken horizons for accounts on PS4

I love this - no fluff, no spin, no PR, just calling it as you see it. It's like a drink of cold water in a dry desert. Very jolly good! :D
Agreed, I also appreciate any good will from Frontier(forum and/or fdev stuff) to communicate with us about ongoing issues. Easier to bare with the game problems than silence.

So @Support Luna ... What are you doing tonight?!
We could blast through CG together 😎

Support Luna

Customer Support
Frontier
Heeeello again.

Those of you who actually use SLFs (or rather, would use them... if you could...). Is it the 'launch Bay Malfunction (1)' message you're all getting at present? I ask because I've now seen a trickle of reports for just that error alone, without the loss of landfall capability. And it seems to be intermittent in those cases, so I'm worried it may be some kind of precursor.

Has anyone run into an issue with moving pips to weapons at all?

And for everyone here, did the problem start mid January? Or have we got anyone here who only started to run into this more recently?

Heeeello again.

Those of you who actually use SLFs (or rather, would use them... if you could...). Is it the 'launch Bay Malfunction (1)' message you're all getting at present? I ask because I've now seen a trickle of reports for just that error alone, without the loss of landfall capability. And it seems to be intermittent in those cases, so I'm worried it may be some kind of precursor.

And for everyone here, did the problem start mid January? Or have we got anyone here who only started to run into this more recently?
For myself it happened feb 2. By feb. 3rd. Had it working again. So thank-you.
My experience with the loosing horizon: Was playing early am for my time zone, Feb. 2, was normal, log back in couple hours later. and noticed fighter wouldn't work, then tried landing on planet. Knew of bug then...

Saw others mention they were loosing Horizons weeks before February 2. Don't remember exact date.

Heeeello again.

I think the 2 are mutually related and possible the players only reporting the loss of slf just haven't been attempting to land on a body, possibly do to stacking massacre missions and not needing to for whatever reasons. The only times I lost usage of my slf I had also lost landfall planates and moons too.

I could be wrong though

Didn't log in alt for 3 days, will check later tonight.
My troubles with alt and Horizons started somewhere 1st half of January (I think).
Then had few days of issue on main acc earlier this month.

There was duplicate thread about Horizons issue prior to this one which moderatores closed.

Edit: found it

Last edited:
For me it happened mid of January. Before that it worked without problem. I bought and installed the game in December last year, so 2 month ago from now. Landed already on several planets. I play with alt account. Reinstall of licenses did not work.

Support Luna

Customer Support
Frontier
I think the 2 are mutually related and possible the players only reporting the loss of slf just haven't been attempting to land on a body, possibly do to stacking massacre missions and not needing to for whatever reasons

Definitely a possibility in some cases. I spoke to one guy earlier with the launch bay malfunction though who claimed they could land on planets just fine.

is it not possible to count the % of SLFs deployed by PS4 CMDRs since Jan 01 and pinpoint when it started

We'd be able to track actions/events like that to a degree, but the problem here is that not all accounts have this issue, and not everyone uses SLFs, so the data would be hard to interpret accurately. From what I've observed myself, there doesn't seem to be one defined date that this kicked in. Looking at the tracker comments, it looks like a kind of rolling, ongoing issue. But that could also just be people logging in for the first time after not playing for a bit xD

For clarity's sake, what happened between the 2nd and... 4th, I think, of Feb, was a larger, separate issue that also knocked out livery access and a few other things. Anyone who lost any Horizons functionality during those fun times should have it back again now!

Haven't currently got a ship outfitted with a fighter bay (and haven't for awhile) to be able to check. But I'm willing to see if I'm able to purchase one for a ship and test it out when I get a chance later on.
As for when the planet landing issue started for me, it was around early to mid January

Definitely a possibility in some cases. I spoke to one guy earlier with the launch bay malfunction though who claimed they could land on planets just fine.

We'd be able to track actions/events like that to a degree, but the problem here is that not all accounts have this issue, and not everyone uses SLFs, so the data would be hard to interpret accurately. From what I've observed myself, there doesn't seem to be one defined date that this kicked in. Looking at the tracker comments, it looks like a kind of rolling, ongoing issue. But that could also just be people logging in for the first time after not playing for a bit xD

For clarity's sake, what happened between the 2nd and... 4th, I think, of Feb, was a larger, separate issue that also knocked out livery access and a few other things. Anyone who lost any Horizons functionality during those fun times should have it back again now!
Hello Luna, another way of looking at it is that you have a time period from the start to where most players experienced the problem. What did Frontier update/add across platforms that altered coding on the Playstation? Tracking those changes may show what occurred when... just a thought. If you know when no problem existed, then every change thereafter mitigated the problem to the level that occurred.

Also, if a defined playstation model was known with the problem in the beginning, then the model build/ may have an impact that snowballed, perhaps giving you the "spread" of the bug?

Just my tuppence worth - Playstation Pro model, experience the issue at the end of January/beginning Feb, now ok.

Support Luna

Customer Support
Frontier
another way of looking at it is that you have a time period from the start to where most players experienced the problem. What did Frontier update/add across platforms that altered coding on the Playstation? Tracking those changes may show what occurred when

Absolutely. I don't doubt our Devs will have already approached the problem from this angle. I'm largely out here, flapping about of my own volition, like an overenthusiastic detective sniffing for any tiny clue that may help to solve the case. And I really do want this solved. And I want everyone here to know that it's not some forgotten little nuisance that we've swept under the carpet already ;)

I'll keep feeding back, and the Dev team will keep peering under the hood to find what's wrong.

But right now... I'm well past off shift for the day. I'll make sure to come back and check on you lovely people, and update you as and when I can :)

Absolutely. I don't doubt our Devs will have already approached the problem from this angle. I'm largely out here, flapping about of my own volition, like an overenthusiastic detective sniffing for any tiny clue that may help to solve the case. And I really do want this solved. And I want everyone here to know that it's not some forgotten little nuisance that we've swept under the carpet already ;)

I'll keep feeding back, and the Dev team will keep peering under the hood to find what's wrong.

But right now... I'm well past off shift for the day. I'll make sure to come back and check on you lovely people, and update you as and when I can :)
It's much appreciated that you're taking the time to talk to us though. I was one of the players affected by the 'one day event' as it were and everything is now fine, but I know of a number of players with the current issue.

I know we can sometimes lose sight of the fact that some problems are not a case of flicking a switch somewhere, so I'm sure there's a lot of us now empathising with your position a bit more after seeing this.

It's much appreciated that you're taking the time to talk to us though. I was one of the players affected by the 'one day event' as it were and everything is now fine, but I know of a number of players with the current issue.
And exactly the same from me, for the ‘one day event’ I couldn’t launch my SLF, I had the ‘module malfunction’ issue.
I couldn’t land on planets and planetary missions had red text next to them.
Couldn’t apply the Azure either.

I haven’t suffered those issues again. I did a licences restore the next night.

I do not run an Alt. This was my main CMDR, I have a PS4 Pro and Digital ELITE Deluxe Edition purchased in July 2017.

Thank you Luna for taking the time to speak with all of us here, it’s most appreciated!

33o7

FWIW We have a medium sized player group on PS4 and the first reports were SLF problems on 15th Jan followed by not being able to land on planets on the 16th.

For some the problem is still ongoing, preventing e.g. access to Engineers.

Happy to gather more data from the players impacted if it will help narrow things down.

Just checked my alt.
Issue still here.
So all ships, modules, pinned blueprints, engineers here.
1st pic engineers, you can see just few missing.
2.pic navigation filter, no landfall planets and settlements, but in system I'm in currently, Guguroro, there are both landfall planets and settlements, that's pic 3. So I can see all surface related stuff on galaxy map.

Before I didn't have slf, but since @Support Luna mentioned it, I bought hangar and fighter for my T-10, hired crew(no issues there) , went outside no fire zone, but couldn't deploy. Pic 4.

Posted pics just for Luna/Fdev to see how it looks from our point in real time.

Btw, my alt is linked with main account, digital copy, bought before Horizons went free, also alt started playing before issues so already used surface content before, as seen on engineers pic.

Edit : no pics.. Too big, not allowed to post?! Help?!

I'll leave this here since I don't want to flood Luna out.
1.Still happening on my alt and my partner's profile(shared+played on the same ps4)
2. No planet landing, nav panel does not show them, and SLFs do not work (ala malfunction text)
3. It was about the middle of January 2021 that I noticed the issue was being mentioned but only check with my main and didn't think to check my alt or my partner's account.

P.S.I want to thank Luna for the time just listening to us, things take time to find problems and fix them. I am sure most of us know this and I am 'sure' most of us are just happy to know this is being looked at.

God Speed Support Team! :giggle:

Top Bottom