Ships And the winner for best "locket" ship is....

So, guys, in your opinion what are our best ships / choices to avoid the "120 limit" modules7weapons storage ?

I mean something viable for credits invested vs "room space" for modules/weapons ....

Ships you buy only to store things on them, not to fly them.

I bought myself some 3 Federal Drop locket ships , I found the price decent for the purpose and enough room to store all the Tier II weapons and some internals - I suffer a lot to be forced to sell a module / weapon fully engineered at grade 5 only bc I have no more storage available...

The FDS seems to me a decent choice, relatively cheap.

What are your ways, dear Commanders ? .....

I have 4 storage Anacondas and a Chieftain, and still have 89 modules in store.
My vote goes to the Annie.
a lot of credits, tough.... you can buy 3 Orcas locket for that money AND you still keep some change.... or 2 Orcas AND a FDL, for tier 4 weapon...

Last edited:
a lot of credits, tough....
True. I used Dropships in the earlier times, but at 15 billion assets plus Fleet Carrier money doesn't matter any more.
And the Anaconda costs 120 million in Li Yong-Rui space, and can carry the most weapons (and utilities), if you consider it can carry a c4 hardpoint.
Most of my spare modules are weapons. So it made sense to 'invest' some LTDs into hulls.

True. I used Dropships in the earlier times, but at 15 billion assets plus Fleet Carrier money doesn't matter any more.
And the Anaconda costs 120 million in Li Yong-Rui space, and can carry the most weapons (and utilities), if you consider it can carry a c4 hardpoint.
Most of my spare modules are weapons. So it made sense to 'invest' some LTDs into hulls.

I understand you, in my other account I have some 20 billions also, ( less than 1 billion on this one + some 600 millions in carrier) so when the credits are no problem, why not to "hoard" half dozen of Annies :p - and yet, with some 5 "locket" ships, I am still with some 90 modules/weapons "chained" in my storage....
I would love to see the day when the Fdevs will double, at least, the storage slots.... Until then, sadly, we are forced to fill our fleet carriers with dead ships....

So, guys, in your opinion what are our best ships / choices to avoid the "120 limit" modules7weapons storage ?
[...]
What are your ways, dear Commanders ? .....
Buy, outfit, and engineer whatever ships you need. I'd rather have three different Pythons outfitted and equipped with three different roles, ready to go at a moment's notice, than have three T7s that serve as "lockers" that I have to futz with. I really don't understand, in the age of easy money and cheap ships, why people are still module-swapping.

If you're mainly looking to store weapons, you can't get more efficient than a station full of Vipers and Vultures.

I really don't understand, in the age of easy money and cheap ships, why people are still module-swapping.
In my case, the module storage slowly fills up because I enjoy tinkering, and the workshop floor gradually accumulates modules I'm "not using right now" but don't care to sell because they're well-engineered or annoying to find. Or just simple impatience. Like, "oh look that's a tasty mission that I could do in one run if I just swap this HRP for an extra cargo rack, I'll buy it here rather than wait for one to transfer from the carrier" and after returning to base I transfer the HRP back home but 50/50 odds I forget to sell the cargo rack back.

Although FWIW I don't really use storage ships, unless you count a building a FGS or T10 to ferry weapons over to an engineer base en masse. When the module storage fills up that's the signal to do some spring cleaning, or possibly experiment with building an entire new ship from the scraps. :D

Last edited:
If you're mainly looking to store weapons, you can't get more efficient than a station full of Vipers and Vultures.

In my case, the module storage slowly fills up because I enjoy tinkering, and the workshop floor gradually accumulates modules I'm "not using right now" but don't care to sell because they're well-engineered or annoying to find. Or just simple impatience. Like, "oh look that's a tasty mission that I could do in one run if I just swap this HRP for an extra cargo rack, I'll buy it here rather than wait for one to transfer from the carrier" and after returning to base I transfer the HRP back home but 50/50 odds I forget to sell the cargo rack back.

Although FWIW I don't really use storage ships, unless you count a building a FGS or T10 to ferry weapons over to an engineer base en masse. When the module storage fills up that's the signal to do some spring cleaning, or possibly experiment with building an entire new ship from the scraps. :D

My soul is on pain when I have 120 storage occupied, and I just want to experiment a new weapon/ship - all those modules I sweated a lot to rise them a G5, all those thousands LY traveled to get those fancy grade V raw.... frak the "spring-cleaning", I enjoy being a dirty module hoarder : p

1613768396697.png

I bet you wear sunglasses at night 😏

Yeah I also absolutely hate to sell engineered modules. And now I'm getting into the territory where module space is running short and I have bought my first couple of storage ships.

Most of these modules are weapons, though -- and for these, Maolagin already gave the answer:

Technically the DBX stores Large weapon cheaper (1.8M per Large HP compared to the Vulture's 2.5M), but then you'd have to switch ships for every single weapon you want to to swap out, and the 40 ship limit per station also fills up very quickly. OTOH the next step up would be the Krait and there you pay 8 times the price for just one extra slot. Etcetera.
So Vipers and Vultures it shall be for me.

As for other modules and Huge weapons -- meh, these can remain in the main storage I guess; there's not too much swapping out between these going on anyway. I have a handful of favourite mods and very few cases where I deviate from these.

Top Bottom