Please reduce the weight of your Mining NERF

FDEV you came in like a Miley meat cleaver wielding Cyrus on a wrecking ball and it was too much. I played the game and mining as it was intended to be and loved it. Just raise the pay out and up the demand to 40-50% more than it is atm. FDEV you NERFED it by 4/5 when all it needed was cutting in half with the exploits NERFED, x3 hotspots reduced by 3/4 and that would be ok.

FDEV go look at the BEST IMPORTS & EXPORT numbers on INARA and you tell me you weren`t too heavy handed.

Bring back the fun and make it worth while.

JJ9uiGd.png

lol @ 'mining as it was intended to be'

We used to get maybe 5-7m for a Python full of mixed 3Ps at one point. I just got back to my home base from a mining run in which I made 50m in well under an hour and that was hardly trying. Considering that's enough credits to buy anything up to a stock Python for under an hour's work, exactly how much money do you think the game should shovel at you for minimal risk/minimal effort gameplay?

We used to get maybe 5-7m for a Python full of mixed 3Ps at one point. I just got back to my home base from a mining run in which I made 50m in well under an hour and that was hardly trying. Considering that's enough credits to buy anything up to a stock Python for under an hour's work, exactly how much money do you think the game should shovel at you for minimal risk/minimal effort gameplay?
50 million an hour means after one 500 hours of staring at space rocks, you'll have enough credits for a bare bones Fleet Carrier....

Just saying.

Last edited:

Peasants, so used to getting just scraps. When you spend big and put in the time you expect equal pay for that. You can times that 1 hour pay by 22 to pay for a top ship and x140 for a FC.

Mining is working as it was intended to be... FDEVS very own words when they first introduced core mining and Void Opals were selling at 1.6 and LTD at 1.4.

Things had to change with the LTD Rush although it was great fun due to the community of gamers lighting up the system chat moving from one x3 hotspot to another like a crazed gold rush mob always knowing the Gankers were on our 6 waiting to ruin us. I just want a bit of that back just bit.

My photo says it all in that it really killed a great part of the game I loved for me.

Yeap, the mining nerfs were way too harsh. Really way too harsh
They nerfed the overlaps, they capped the prices and they nerfed the markets (demand and bulk sale tax)
Mining required spending time to mine then spending time to find and fly to a decent sell station.

But then months later they bumped up 4x the bounties with the net result that now massacre missions and bounty hunting is paying up more than mining used to, and without any hassle - them pirates are always at one jump distance and the missions are not affected by demand nor by bulk sale tax
And if you do them in a wing with shared mission, it gets really insane...

Peasants, so used to getting just scraps. When you spend big and put in the time you expect equal pay for that. You can times that 1 hour pay by 22 to pay for a top ship and x140 for a FC.

Mining is working as it was intended to be... FDEVS very own words when they first introduced core mining and Void Opals were selling at 1.6 and LTD at 1.4.

Things had to change with the LTD Rush although it was great fun due to the community of gamers lighting up the system chat moving from one x3 hotspot to another like a crazed gold rush mob always knowing the Gankers were on our 6 waiting to ruin us. I just want a bit of that back just bit.

My photo says it all in that it really killed a great part of the game I loved for me.
So, just for the record:

If FD does not "unnerf" mining you will not (ever?) log in again?

You should talk to the UN, and have them add "computer game rewards minimum value pr hour put in" as a human right.

If find the pirates more risky for my mining ships than they are for my Vette murderboat
So... what risk vs reward are we talking about? non engineered pirates paper planes that do not attack me on sight versus a fully g5 vette?
That's a false equvalency.
You wouldn't mine in a paper plane, you'd use a fully g5 engineered Cutter / Anaconda / whatever.

Deleted member 182079

D
So, just for the record:

If FD does not "unnerf" mining you will not (ever?) log in again?

You should talk to the UN, and have them add "computer game rewards minimum value pr hour put in" as a human right.
The UN won't UNnerf mining either though.

That's a false equvalency.
You wouldn't mine in a paper plane, you'd use a fully g5 engineered Cutter / Anaconda / whatever.

It's not false Not at all.
I do combat in a highly optimized combat ship. This is good for combat, but it cannot mine
I do mining in a highly optimized mining ship. This is good at mining, can defend itself, but generally is not good at combat

Sp, I do mine in an engineered Conda, but it has more than half of its weapons replaced by mining tools so it's loosing like 60-80% of its DPS
And the shields are not as good as a combat Ship - because it a mining ship that need at least 300t cargo to be efficient
So my conda can barely take on a wing of 3 pirates. But if a second wing pops up 2 minutes later, with my shields still not fully charged i will have to bail out.

Not to mention that my credits per hour are going really down.
This never happens when i do massacre missions in my g5 vette - my credits per hour can only gp up

Not to mention that my credits per hour are going really down.
This never happens when i do massacre missions in my g5 vette - my credits per hour can only gp up
Yes, FDEV went really overboard, as they usually do, with the ridiculous bloating of "combat" related payouts. They need a balance pass to get them back in line with other activities.

Again I ask, how long have you been playing? Many saw that high point as too high, if someone joined around that time, they might consider it the norm.

Also, you love mining or you love making lots of money? Just recently I have discovered that after a long session of blowing ships up, to relax in a ring, doing a bit of mining, not for profit or need, just to do it, is quite relaxing. True artists are compelled to do their art whether they are paid for it or not. If you love just the act of mining, then you can still do it. if you love the act of mining for rewards that were totally out of whack with the rest of the game, then yes, this game must be a drag for you right now.

Top Bottom