Release EDastro.com - Elite Dangerous Astrometrics

Very useful tool and great effort! I use it to create maps of my journeys through the galaxy. Couldn't live without it. Is there any way to have it open with another layer other than the heat map? Say the Galaxy+Regions layer? Thanks

Very useful tool and great effort! I use it to create maps of my journeys through the galaxy. Couldn't live without it. Is there any way to have it open with another layer other than the heat map? Say the Galaxy+Regions layer? Thanks

Hi there! Yep, you can. For example:

https://edastro.com/galmap/?layer=galaxyregions

Available layers:
  • indexedheat
  • sectors
  • regions
  • starclass
  • heatmap
  • galaxymap
  • galaxysectors
  • galaxyregions
  • saturation
  • averagebodies

Worked perfectly. Thank you! I used the ampersand separator and combined your suggestion with the loading of my custom JSON file containing positions in the galaxy and got what I wanted. Very useful and professional looking.

McCloud's Beagle Point Expedition (ongoing).

If you have a support page, I'd be happy to help support your efforts for such a good tool.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Great! Looks pretty awesome. I don't always get to see how people are using it, so this is really cool.

Currently I don't have a support page/option. I've avoided taking money for it, so that it doesn't start to feel like a job. ;) :D

Great! Looks pretty awesome. I don't always get to see how people are using it, so this is really cool.

Currently I don't have a support page/option. I've avoided taking money for it, so that it doesn't start to feel like a job. ;) :D
Dear Sir, Thank you for this invaluable resource.
I just want to let you know that the certificate on edastro.com has expired. And in three days the domain name registration will also expire.
Is this the end of the site's life?

Ok, here's my problem. I am looking for some stray bio in Keplers Crest, it should be there but hasn't yet been discovered. According to what I understand they only appear around Y class stars, but the gravity and atmospheric requirements of the bio mean planets/moons with the right requirements almost never show up in actual Y class systems. It's much more likely they will be found in a system with another star as primary but a Y class as secondary or even in a planetary orbit. Is there a way to pull a list of stars in Keplers Crest that have Y class stars as secondaries?

Top Bottom