Bounty idea for gankers

that's ok if reward is motivating, my idea - "no rebuy" (and optionally winner can buy it for self) will motivate commanders to join and patrol. Like 2-3 men on each jump-close star, because it will be enough to kill ganker once to make it permanent gone. Now nobody do because...what the point, he will rebuy & return 5 mins later.
That will be something like classic wolfs' hunt with red flags and dogs. Because his death will be sort of permanent, as he needs time to redo ship.

Dying in Elite is optional. Anybody who played for a bit in open knows how not to die anymore. Your 2,3,5,7 people patrol will do nothing. Once you find out the gankers are just better pilots and even a big numbers advantage doesn't do much for your chances you probably will start building some out-of-game software, "invent" new tactics and stuff, and in the end become just a bitter person. Don't be that person and have fun. What is is worth to play a game if it's not for fun?

Actually this is easy. The provoker is the comander that interdicted the other ship. Regardless of who fired the first shot.

Awesome, going to show my beautiful FdL's backside to all the lawfuls hoping one can't resist.💣

I was one hour at the CG and only three people tried to gank me. 😁

More action than me. I got some short fights with an Conda and Cutter, which waked out then they couldn't get a beat on me and then came Lego and speed-ran me 😭 .

I support a block list. I don't think it should be operated by anyone in an official capacity though. Let it be crowdsourced.

Hooray for a new witch hunt. Where can I sign up to do some ToS violation?

Because my lose is my mood + my time + my pixels. While ganker gets fun + if he loses pixels - he can rebuy in muchj less time. So win table:
1. i lose mood, i loose personal time out of 2 parts: 1 part what I did (like my "data") + 2nd part to rebuy ship (creds to farm to buy = time)
2. ganker always gets + mood and loses 0 time. In worse case if hunted he looses only rebuy time.

Rebuy time = 1-2 asteroids blown for both. So we can remove that from both equations.

1. I lose mood, I lose time for whatever was on ship (data)
2. ganker gets +mood, and looses 0 time.

Don't you think it is unfair game even "just pixels" ? According to that ganker always wins no matter what happens. And victim always looses something.
Simple math.

If the ganker dies they have to pay the bounties on the ship at the rebuy screen. That might out-weight the rebuy by 100s of milllions or even billions. And billions are easy to accumulate with the increased penalties (notoriety connected). Don't even need to gank CMDRs for that type of bounties. There are only a handful of systems there you have to worry about real gankers, the rest is almost as safe as solo. If somebody blows you up it could also mean that they were "protecting" their turf (faction bgs) or you had "forbidden" automation on board. All valid reasons in this game, even just blowing somebody up is valid enough. It says so on the box. It's not Elite: safe space and antagonistic game-play is part of the game, the man himself said so. Don't like to git gud, there is solo/pg. You can even gank from solo, it's all build into the game.

I start ganking when I was ganked myself because that was the best elite experience I ever had. "now i need to really get the best of my flying, i feel the danger"
Mood is relative, I was in super mood after that.
You're just salty and want revenge. But not a revenge you get yourself. A revenge given by game mechanics.
1. thanks, u just confirmed me couple posts above - ganked players will solo or become gankers.
2. so u want have free fun and pay nothing? that u call "revenge" ? :D I can kill u 1000 times and that will be nothing, just because that total rebuy will be less then FC cost. I'm not idiot spending my own time on you so u can have fun. Yes, I want game mechanic to make u gone for couple months if I win.

You defo can't kill me 1000 time :ROFLMAO:
even worse then, I lose my time, you get pure fun, and ...remind me why I should do that? :D
In my opinion only banning you from the game for long period could pay out my time which I donate to urs fun. Otherwise, we just use simple blocks now,

Deleted member 182079

D
Dying in Elite is optional. Anybody who played for a bit in open knows how not to die anymore. Your 2,3,5,7 people patrol will do nothing. Once you find out the gankers are just better pilots and even a big numbers advantage doesn't do much for your chances you probably will start building some out-of-game software, "invent" new tactics and stuff, and in the end become just a bitter person. Don't be that person and have fun. What is is worth to play a game if it's not for fun?
Wasn't there a post a few days ago where SPEAR managed to finally nab danger-boy, but it took them like 8 (in words: EIGHT) players or something? I can't remember the last time I had 8 players in my friendlist online concurrently, let alone in the same instance.

...and yeh, I don't really like blocks. I just started in October or so to use it after many years, because nothing changes and FDevs don't read forums :D

Wasn't there a post a few days ago where SPEAR managed to finally nab danger-boy, but it took them like 8 (in words: EIGHT) players or something? I can't remember the last time I had 8 players in my friendlist online concurrently, let alone in the same instance.
They needed two wings to bag Phisto, too.
But that's not their fault, it's the absurd firepower to shields ratio in this game.

even worse then, I lose my time, you get pure fun, and ...remind me why I should do that? :D
In my opinion only banning you from the game for long period could pay out my time which I donate to urs fun. Otherwise, we just use simple blocks now,
I'm very pro-blocking, but banning? No. The gankers are 100% correct in that this game allows (and even encourages) ganking. By the rules of the game, they are doing nothing wrong. Like the one dude said, "ganking and blocking are two sides of the same coin". They are both allowed, and they are both controversial (though the arguments against block are much, much weaker IMO).

So less arguing with these folk (you won't win) and more blocking! Easy peasy, done and done :D

Ok, so they made 8-man raid to Boss ...and remind me what they got? Boss respawned 3 mins later ready to repeat ? :D
Dumbest ever raid.

So we agree. Unlike what you said ealier, you don't want balance. Yo uwant people who don't play like you to be removed from the game. I'm personally very fine with people not having my play style.

So less arguing with these folk (you won't win) and more blocking! Easy peasy, done and done
Problems with blocks - you can't read em as well. This means missing something. It makes you weaker.
At least I never ever used blocks/filters in any game so I can see what happening here.
In Elite I had to break my habit eventually and start to block.

Problems with blocks - you can't read em as well. This means missing something. It makes you weaker.
Whut?

Well, whatever dude. Play it your way. I'm getting off the merry-go-round (unless someone drags me back on kicking and screaming).

So we agree. Unlike what you said ealier, you don't want balance. Yo uwant people who don't play like you to be removed from the game. I'm personally very fine with people not having my play style.
No, you will be in game still. You will not be able to gank. You will have tasks for next 8 weeks to do PP to restore modules u lost in fight. (that is just example, but point is - u must be forced to repeat long farm for new ship, then u can back to gank, exact is up-to devs).

Top Bottom