Bounty idea for gankers

8 weeks for 1 death. fair and balanced. Not salt.
That guy wrote prior new year, I had 6 months of data, got wiped in buble in 20 mins because tried to visit something...I'm idiot, deleting the game,... and similar 3 months before him. Do you think that was fair? How many didn't post and just deleted game?
I think 8 weeks is really low value. I would revoke all engee permisions too and forced to repeat all their tasks, including 5000 ly trip.

Deleted member 182079

D
Ok, so they made 8-man raid to Boss ...and remind me what they got? Boss respawned 3 mins later ready to repeat ? :D
Dumbest ever raid.
Well, you tell them - they're the "good guys", from your viewpoint at least:p

I had 6 months of data, got wiped in buble in 20 mins because tried to visit something
Im very sorry and that will be probably moderated, but I have no other words. That's called stupidity.
if you're coming back after a 6 month explo in open, just sell them asap in a safe system (aka, all the galaxy but Deciat and Shin), don't take a risk. Don't ignore that there's people who don't play like you.

<stripped in case moderation :D>
My response is mirrored - all u said - if you don't kill people for nothing, then you don't lose 8 weeks.
Right now somebody just stole his 6 months of life and exchanged for very small amount of own fun. Because he could.
Now I want be able to steal your time - force you to spend 8 weeks for what you hate to do.
I don't want to robber for time other people (like you started to do when been ganked). And only I can take from ganker is his ship. So that should be possible.

Last edited:
Game have something that its called "notoriety" wich more higher it is, it acts as multipler for bounty gain for attackin any ship that have crimes on. Additionally just for PVP cases, if attacker rebuy is higher than victims, its also been taken into account how much bounty is issued.

PVP bounty hunt is dead too, since its capped at 2 million per fraction for prevent selling bountys worth billions to other player for real $. Not any sign of change soon for that, thats another reason why suggestion like that is bit pointless. Not mention there was tons of similar suggestions over last few years, and so far, none of it been looked into by Fdevs.

Not sure if game need any change of current crime & punish system.

Gankers will gank anyway.🥱
I don't understand why as notoriety racks up, yes bounties get limited on the individual ganker, but no appropriate "authoritative policing force" response rack up as well.In real life, any crim who has the notoriety sufficient to be brought to the attention of the policing forces, which would level up in response to the level of crime involved. Any real intolerable ganker should have a none stop interference by the authoritative forces pegged at their level of standard of ship (& mods) as to bring the C&P up to scratch. In-game Fleet (player or non-player) carriers carrying a squadron of enforcers, should make life constantly difficult for gankers to progress ganking other players. I guess if a full complement of enforcers weigh in against the ganker (or wing), sooner or later they will not be able to repair sufficiently to avoid the "law" from dooming the individual. Take a spell in a Reformatory, Penal establishment etc... Buy back at Sidewinder only (no rebuy previous ship). All this remains in-game play, not Fdev godhead over reaction, and suitable cause & effect on actions undertaken in-game.

Likewise, it should be nigh on a very low chance in ganking in High Security regions/systems, increasing as the security presence decreases. Although, exceptionally notorious (high bounties) individuals should get that special assignment dedicated just to remove the "Mr Big". That would potentially give those pilots in smaller ships/less modded ships a better chance of survival against (what is now monty haul modded ships/specs of those gankers "preying " on those not as skilled or equipped. It would make the whole scenario of non-consensual PvP balanced in reducing powerful players abilities to gank with impunity.
IMO.

Now I want be able to steal your time - force you to spend 8 weeks for what you hate to do.
I don't steal anything. If people like to explore, they have explored and still can after that, they could and can experience their playstyle.
It's the same as people who "want to be an explorer" but complain because you killed them when they had their meta alloy in Deciat "AnD Now I Have To Do 10 jUmp AgAiN"

Now, if the only pleasure you have in 6 month of exploration is the 5 minutes you take to sell your datas, yeah, i can do nothing for you.

I don't steal anything. If people like to explore, they have explored and still can after that, they could and can experience their playstyle.
It's the same as people who "want to be an explorer" but complain because you killed them when they had their meta alloy in Deciat "AnD Now I Have To Do 10 jUmp AgAiN"

Now, if the only pleasure you have in 6 month of exploration is the 5 minutes you take to sell your datas, yeah, i can do nothing for you.
Please, don't make me mirror respond for each ur post :D You can do that urself, swap sides in your mind.
And you will see that it is exactly same advice for you applies "don't" and be ok.

And yes, you do steal. Even high wake from you - it is MY WASTED time, 5 mins per jump there and back at least. Not saying you will follow.
Why do you think you have the right to waste MY time? Why can't I waste yours? Because yours time can be wasted ONLY if you lose ur ship. So need something to make u lose ship.

Please, don't make me mirror respond for each ur post :D You can do that urself, swap sides in your mind.
And you will see that it is exactly same advice for you applies "don't" and be ok.

And yes, you do steal. Even high wake from you - it is MY WASTED time, 5 mins per jump there and back at least. Not saying you will follow.
Why do you think you have the right to waste MY time? Why can't I waste yours? Because yours time can be wasted ONLY if you lose ur ship. So need something to make u lose ship.
I have thousand of hours of pve and a 91000ly canopyless explo run (that was still just pressing "J" on my keyboard like an idiot). So yeah, I think i can swap side in my mind :ROFLMAO:
I don't prevent people to explore, as you want to prevent me to do my playstyle. Again, 5 minutes against 8 weeks. You defo need to become a game developer.

You defo need to become a game developer.
I worked on open sourced wow server, copy of original as close as possible.
Again, 5 minutes against 8 month.
8 WEEKS (2 x PP modules).

you still don't get simple fact you have no right to clash with other people freedom. As it is game, you may sure, but then game must have adequate mirrored response. So somebody else should be able to clash on your time/freedom and make you break ur table because of anger/sorrow/whatever. And how to do that if you spend most of time killing others and packed by rebuys for next 10 years? Easy - take your unique ship. Even thought about that already forces you to post here. Imagine you really lost your best pvp ship. That what your victims (some) feel.

Instead of arguing that the explorer shouldn't be hurt as badly, you take it as a fact of life and insist that the ganker should also be hurt. You are arguing for a net increase in the amount of hurt. This does not make you a good person.
Other option is a block as we have. However this thread about to find another solution then block.

And yes, only fear keeps us "people", in RL you afraid jail and/or execution. That's why some start to kill "pixels" having no consequences. Only I ask is to add adequate consequences for killing pixels. That can be measure in time lost by both sides in avr.

Actually it can be anything which leads to equal timing. For example, 20 new players each spent 3 hours doing trading, bought Cobra and went to Deciat with no rebuy. All 20 got ganked: "haha - next time no fly without rebuy, it is dangerous, ha-ha".
Ok, 3 hrs * 20 = 60 hrs wasted.
Next ganker gets message from Felicia "your permission was revoked, please deliver me 500 000t of water to wash your sins" - I think such delivery could take 60 hours :D

Last edited:

Deleted member 182079

D
The CG is almost as threatening as a petting zoo - got ganked 0 times this evening (though I did come across a pad blocker and someone else tried to steal my kills - that's the kind of "cooperation" people talk about right :D).

(It's a nice CG btw)

not Fdev godhead over reaction
Good grief, Id hate to see what you would count as an overreaction :) I liked a lot of it as an idea though.
Its more like your holiday snaps got burned.

I do get in a combat ship at the edge of the bubble if Ive got a lot.

Funny thing is PVE players play in Open all the time but most gankers only seem to play in Open in a combat ship and say we are the ones who cant handle it.

500,000 T of water, still lol at that one

you still don't get simple fact you have no right to clash with other people freedom
If you want to make pub level philosophy, then by how you define it, every single human interaction is clashing with other people freedom.
Right now you're clashing with my freedom, we have to interact even if we don't agree, i'm offended, omg !!!
This forum is even a capital sin, as its purpose is to encourage interactions between people who may perhaps not agree, and then is very offensive for me. we should delete it.

Last edited:
Funny thing is PVE players play in Open all the time but most gankers only seem to play in Open in a combat ship and say we are the ones who cant handle it.
just because that's the only time you ever see them doesn't mean that's the only thing they do, they still exist when you're not watching them

of all the attempts I've seen to talk smack about pvpers I don't think I've ever seen one where I've had to explain the concept of object permanence

Top Bottom