Bounty idea for gankers

Ok so my last post was moderated due to swear filter issues - caused by the image I included as an example of a ganker victim losing it. My apologies - it's funny though that this stuff gets blocked out here while actually in-game you see this all the time. Never mind I won't do it again.

If I may re-post the rest of the entry again below because I don't think that includes anything offensive:

This all sounds fine on paper (edit - personally actually I don't like the idea because of the knock on effect on other areas, but others might), but trust me as someone who has tried to go after gankers it's not as much fun as it sounds, at least not on your own - ever tried to destroy a reverski LR rails Phantom or a shield/hull tank hybrid Cutter? I have, and it sucks because they can wake out anytime they want before I even get close to dropping their shields.

And for what, even a 10 or 100m bounty will be easier to earn by other and easier means if credits are the motivator (I would say they're irrelevant because I doubt any PvP bounty hunters do this for the sake of credits). I know there are some lawful groups out there who do it but they need to basically overwhelm single players by a factor of 4-8 and they still rely on their target to cooperate (by staying in the instance, and not block them, or worse, clog).

If players have the energy to go after them, fair play - I just found it very unrewarding gameplay wise when I tried it myself based on how the game is designed and how skewed it is towards survivability once you have your wits about you, and the whining and downright nastiness via comms by the gankers' victims (instead of asking what they can do to avoid it next time, or just swallow their pride, learn from the experience and move on) made me wonder do I really want to defend those kind of people lol.

This, this and again, this ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

No need any more words why PVP bounty hunting is ded.

Gankers who are not new at this, they die really rarely. Cuz they know who to evade and when bail out if needed.

When newer players have great ideas to start PVP bounty in thier brand new G5 "PVP" bulid that probly aint saw many PVP at all, they are sure quick to realize, that bounty huntin aint is lucrative at all. They sure to lose more in rebuy themselfs rather secure any kill. I even say that of 100 new cmdrs who try this maybe 5 max of them, would continue to play as PVP bounty hunters. Rest of them rather becomes gankers themselfs(if they continue PVP), or stop doing active PVP after numeros losses.

Why? Cuz many gankers are actually within upper levels of PVP'ers around. They know what they are doing.

I'm a PvE player, I don't feel the need to make a PvP group, Open works fine as it is already for me. The only 2 players I have blocked are cheaters, gankers don't bother me I can handle them.
Nobody says about u or me. Gankers take "profits" from new players, who just bought the game. Then those players drop the game, hide in solo ...or maybe drop all other activities except pvp with/against gankers.
And nobody really cares to kill gankers or hunt as well. Hunt till win I mean. Because no point. Ganker gets fun, loses nothing. While hunter may have fun too...this evening only.
So there are 2 vectors to fix this thing:
1. promote blocking and make global block list, russian streamers made around 100 names already public, each name with proof of gank.
2. ask to make proper punishment so hunters can step in and be balancing force.

Nobody says about u or me. Gankers take "profits" from new players, who just bought the game. Then those players drop the game, hide in solo ...or maybe drop all other activities except pvp with/against gankers.
And nobody really cares to kill gankers or hunt as well. Hunt till win I mean. Because no point. Ganker gets fun, loses nothing. While hunter may have fun too...this evening only.
So there are 2 vectors to fix this thing:
1. promote blocking and make global block list, russian streamers made around 100 names already public, each name with proof of gank.
2. ask to make proper punishment so hunters can step in and be balancing force.
I support a block list. I don't think it should be operated by anyone in an official capacity though. Let it be crowdsourced.

I support a block list. I don't think it should be operated by anyone in an official capacity though. Let it be crowdsourced.
I personally prefer managing my own block list, based on who actually attacks and destroys me. This allows me to keep PvP, but it makes sure the game is fair (I'm not a level 10 sorcerer constantly having to fight level 100 dragons just to get my next sword). It also keeps the game challenging and "scary" without making it impossible and unenjoyable, since I might just die to a ganker, but just once rather than over and over and over again. Of course for people in the early game, getting ganked even once can be devastating, so I do think Solo or PG may be the better solution for them until they get enough credits to soak some rebuy damage.

EDIT - there are other reasons to block, including people just being obnoxious. Heck, I've blocked a few people who hide in Solo and spam the system chat with rubbish, just to shut them up!

I do think Solo or PG may be the better solution for them until they get enough credits to soak some rebuy damage.
from my own experience nobody told so :D I was thinking high sec will guarantee safety as other games do ... so 1st my death was in Shinrarta when I returned from 1st my long trip to unlock it :D Thanks gods I sold data prior just to unlock system. Welcome was warm.
Then I started to google what happened and found Mobius. Still don't like it, it was rare people even in Open.

Heck, I didn't even know if it was human or super-npc. As another cmdr in chat in CG today, he asked how to differ human/npc.

Last edited:
I just don't understand why you want gankers to be punished? It's fair game play within the game.
Your pixel space ship got blowed up. So what ? Your ego was hurt? That's not a punishment reason.
Because my lose is my mood + my time + my pixels. While ganker gets fun + if he loses pixels - he can rebuy in muchj less time. So win table:
1. i lose mood, i loose personal time out of 2 parts: 1 part what I did (like my "data") + 2nd part to rebuy ship (creds to farm to buy = time)
2. ganker always gets + mood and loses 0 time. In worse case if hunted he looses only rebuy time.

Rebuy time = 1-2 asteroids blown for both. So we can remove that from both equations.

1. I lose mood, I lose time for whatever was on ship (data)
2. ganker gets +mood, and looses 0 time.

IF victim manages to escape it still loses - changed planes (mood), time to get back. While ganker already took his fun (+mood).
Don't you think it is unfair game even "just pixels" ? According to that ganker always wins no matter what happens. And victim always looses something.
Simple math.

So, if we add "no rebuy" ship option to equation then ganker MAY lose something equal to me: mood on thinking to do boring grind again + time to do it which both are comparable with victim's looses.

Last edited:
When I first got Elite, I did, what I guess a lot of people might do, bravely flew out of the station, got used to the controls. Pretty soon I was interdicted, me, in my Stock Sidewinder prepared to fight. Within about 3 seconds, my plan was in tatters. I lost the ship. It was an NPC that did it. I was in SOLO.

Had I been in OPEN and a human player had done it to me, I suppose I could claim I was ganked, that an NPC did it, I would look foolish to say I was ganked, however, the experience and the outcome were the same.

What difference did it make who did it to me? You get crushed by an NPC and ‘that’s the game’, you get crushed by a human and you’ve been ganked. You defined it as different.

Again, either way, the outcome was the same. Learn to evade, learn to build, learn to fight (if you like), learn to run away some more.

I was one hour at the CG and only three people tried to gank me. 😁

Lucky you I was here less than 30s :) Crashed into the planet exclusion zone though by mistake and then made it through. Expecting a bit more action on XB due to LS....and I know of one Imp lawful staying away coz its federal week at the CG :)

I smell lies. NPC do not shoot immediately unless u try to boost away. If you just scanned empty they will vanish. You may provoke NPC but well, there is always option to not be attacked. That is not correct for gankers by definition.
Yeah, I shot first. The point being, new players have no idea what they’re doing.

I just don't understand why you want gankers to be punished? It's fair game play within the game.
Your pixel space ship got blowed up. So what ? Your ego was hurt? That's not a punishment reason.

All my ego is tied to the pixel spaceship I recently designed and built in Space Engineers. Do you want to see it? I've got screenshots!

I smell lies. NPC do not shoot immediately unless u try to boost away. If you just scanned empty they will vanish. You may provoke NPC but well, there is always option to not be attacked. That is not correct for gankers by definition.
Back in the day they did. The NPCs I mean.

I start ganking when I was ganked myself because that was the best elite experience I ever had. "now i need to really get the best of my flying, i feel the danger"
Mood is relative, I was in super mood after that.
You're just salty and want revenge. But not a revenge you get yourself. A revenge given by game mechanics.

Top Bottom