Odessey medpacks

I rewatched video, it clear has message on it "medpack". So out of 3 steps: shield - suit-body they heal body. And nothing like for suit, however, we should assume most damage is blocked by suit. So "heal-pack" should fix suit, not body. Otherwise why do we need suits at all if all damage goes to body?

I'm not against "fast healing", i'm against wrong wording. Damage is taken by suit, so it should be "fixpack" not "medpack" and different icon, like set of fix-tools.

Last edited:
Well there are still plenty of unknowns so suit repair maybe its own thing and medpacks remain body repair only.
I would speculate that armour/suit is about damage reduction and would have a hardness rating much like ships do.

Well there are still plenty of unknowns so suit repair maybe its own thing and medpacks remain body repair only.
I would speculate that armour/suit is about damage reduction and would have a hardness rating much like ships do.
Maybe, but right before boarding they had big green crest (med symbol) went to 18, then 100 again - i.e. med was used.
So question remain why body takes damage at all when you have there shield and suit. If body can still run with damaged suit, why do u need suit at all?

Maybe, but I doubt that will be the case, we can only really wait and see or speculate in the mean time ;)

I would speculate further and suggest that Shields will regenerate whilst your suit has energy and the energy syphon tool will help here. Suits will probably have integrity and will become less effective when damaged but will reduce damage to the body. Suits may or may not have a mechanic for repair in the field but they are effectively Hulls for the body so will probably need repairing at a facility of some sort. Leaving medkits for health repair.

But I know as little as the next commander so whilst its fun to speculate it's all meaningless until Frontier reveal more

And finally this was a small, easy Outpost and all players were 'clean' if scanned. Hence the lack off security and near uselessness of the NPCs. We have no idea what the top level base looks like or how hard the NPCs are or what the security is like.

It was a munitions stockade with less security than a grocery store.

So it's not health restore in general that I would object too, but rather picking up health pack careless lying around environment that seems a bit jarring to me.
Exactly. When I was in the US Air Force I was at several bases. I never remembered medical equipment carelessly laying around the base. When you leave the ship, you should get a set of medical packs. Period. If you don't have time to break into the infirmary and steal a bunch during all the festivities then the best advice is "Be careful and don't do stupid stuff; this is all you get."

Exactly. When I was in the US Air Force I was at several bases. I never remembered medical equipment carelessly laying around the base. When you leave the ship, you should get a set of medical packs. Period. If you don't have time to break into the infirmary and steal a bunch during all the festivities then the best advice is "Be careful and don't do stupid stuff; this is all you get."
Counterpoint - during my years in the Royal Navy, bright orange plastic box First Aid kits were mounted in quick-release wall brackets all around the ship.

First Aid packs were also readily available and clearly signposted at the shore bases I served at.

Maybe sailors get injured more than you flyers? 😁

Counterpoint - during my years in the Royal Navy, bright orange plastic box First Aid kits were mounted in quick-release wall brackets all around the ship.

First Aid packs were also readily available and clearly signposted at the shore bases I served at.

Maybe sailors get injured more than you flyers? 😁
I would expect medpacks be mounted on walls in something like "command center" building or so, not thrown everywhere.
"Thrown everywhere" is classic "doom-like" pew-pew.

Was dumb, don't care, everything else from the map looked like it was state of the art in 1996 as well.

There's worse retro throwbacks in the demo than health kits imo.

EDIT: Can't get it out of my head now. duh duh, duh duh, duh duh, duh duh, duh pew.

More better, will just leave this here, for no specific reason, or every possible reason maybe.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTyyKMmlf6E

Last edited:
I would expect medpacks be mounted on walls in something like "command center" building or so, not thrown everywhere.
Maybe my eyesight is not as good as yours, but I couldn’t see “thrown everywhere” medpacks in the demo - there were the 2 wall-mounted packs inside the generator building and the crate of 4 placed in what seemed to me to be a easily-reached location for the patrolling guards.

I admit the shorebases I served at had signposted designated first-aid points and the medical kit was secured in a fixed position instead of just on top of a crate, but then again we didn’t have big crates lying around anyway 😁 I suppose the closest thing we had were gravel-filled defensive firing position cubes, about a meter square.

Those explosive barrels need to be in a locked safety cage for starters, with at least one civilian given the responsibility of managing it and associated health and safety, COSHH and other paperwork (such as stock allocation, rotation and inspection).

Until this is done I cannot accept Odyssey as real enough and utterly reject it.

This hadn't occurred to me must admit. Good ideas for good reasons though. +1

Top Bottom