COMPLETED CG Deliver Supplies to the Galactic Summit (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Here's my final score. I'll be updating my Trophy Room accordingly.
20210311080435_1.jpg

No, you are not, unless you live in an alternate universe.
aX27hfj.jpg
Yeah well this:
Top 10%~ 24,285 to 169,000

I was at 26 kiloton and not at 10%.
INARA's numbers aren't even close.

I'm at 35 kiloton plus change and I'm still in the 25% bandwidth....... and I think I'm done with this CG.
That should have read 25 kiloton. A typo. So let's not get into alternative universes shall we?

No way I was going to shift another 4 kilotons in an hour.

[Edit]In fact you can keep your damn universe.[/Edit]

Last edited:
Yeah well this:
Top 10%~ 24,285 to 169,000

I was at 26 kiloton and not at 10%.

That should have read 25 kiloton. A typo. So let's not get into alternative universes shall we?

No way I was going to shift another 4 kilotons in an hour.

[Edit]In fact you can keep your damn universe.[/Edit]
I reckon Inara's numbers are in fact really really close, for all but the top 10 commanders. The main problem was that you referenced data which was nearly 24 hours old when you compared your level (25 kt) to the 10% threshold, which had been under 25 kt the previous day (cf. your 07:40 UTC post of yesterday) but by the time of your 05:14 UTC post today had already reached more like 28 kt.
I don't know why you didn't simply fire up Inara's page along the way to check how fast the goalposts were moving, but I'd recommend that next time.

I don't know why you didn't simply fire up Inara's page along the way to check how fast the goalposts were moving, but I'd recommend that next time.
Wouldn't matter. The CG was a rip-off.

It wasn't going to go anywhere near top-tier.

Those goalposts were 200 kms high.

I'll settle on reasonable numbers. Those numbers weren't...

Last edited:
Wouldn't matter. The CG was a rip-off.
Well the rewards were certainly disappointing yeah. If you made the same kind of profits per load as I did, then you netted something in the ballpark of 280 million from the hauling, and missed out on only 32 million from slipping below the top 10%. I got tired of it at 20 kt and made my peace with being in the top 25%.

Well the rewards were certainly disappointing yeah. If you made the same kind of profits per load as I did, then you netted something in the ballpark of 280 million from the hauling, and missed out on only 32 million from slipping below the top 10%. I got tired of it at 20 kt and made my peace with being in the top 25%.
Yeah I made some good credits. It's just, in the wash-up, I wonder if I could have made the same credits in a week of running missions or bounty hunting given the unrealistic numerical aims the CG set.

The CG was a rip-off.
Personally the problem is just how small they set their prices for trade CGs. At 10k per ton you can just go do agronomic/mineral trades for nearly three times as much, and as I pointed out on the first pages, we had a rarer >40k trade route for the first ~3 of the CG days so I went there instead.

I did 25k in the first day and it was still enough for top 25%, so enough for the paint jobs which was the important reward here (and a great one if you consider the ARX value)

I've no problem grinding a very hard goal, but at least offer good prices for it.

Even more shockingly, it is still more than what the folks get for bounty hunting. Top 10 for bounty hunting got about a billion in bounties, and the top 10 for trading got about 2 billion from the volume traded (200k tons at 10k profit per ton is 2 billions). The extra ship reward value is less than a rounding error for those folks.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
First you need to go to the Spirit of Laelaps, and at the mission boards you must click on the "Complete" button.
Is that really the case here? (Collected already as I was there so cannot test) Normally in-game asset rewards are added to your account automatically by the date given in the CG text without needed to cash in the CG for the credits - only the monetary reward is dependent on you completing the CG on the Mission Board. Same way if you complete the CG before the paint jobs were available in game it didn't add them - FDEV needed to do some back end magic to add them to your account

Is that really the case here? (Collected already as I was there so cannot test) Normally in-game asset rewards are added to your account automatically by the date given in the CG text without needed to cash in the CG for the credits - only the monetary reward is dependent on you completing the CG on the Mission Board. Same way if you complete the CG before the paint jobs were available in game it didn't add them - FDEV needed to do some back end magic to add them to your account
Shame, but I asked the same question in a Discord channel after the last CG, when I cant find my Viper 3 paintjobs. The answer was that, so I went to Sirius, complete, and voilá: there were my acceleration pjs. Its possible however, that I missed something, and then that trip to the megaship was totally useless.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom