Release Neutron Highway long range route planner

Ahh, I see. That makes a lot of sense. Let me see if I am understanding you correctly: Basically, to prevent the website from over using bandwidth, you place a cap on how long the calculator will take to find an optimal route. This is causing it to give up after a bit, because the specific requirements I am asking for cause my ship to fall into a neutron star deficit area without additional time for further calculations. And a solution I can implement is to do a bit of manual plotting to get me to the more neutron dense area and then let the calculator take over from there?

I assume if I became a patron, that might also help, as it would allow the plotter additional time to make the calculations? I ask because the work you've done with this plotter is a one of the few causes I'd consider supporting, if I can afford it.

Edit: First, logging in and letting the plotter have 120 seconds to plot completely fixed my problem. Thank you! Second, $1 a month? If I can't afford that, I fail at life. You deserve it.
Much appreciated. I will continue to try and improve the plotter so hopefully it will become less required in the future. Glad you were able to get around the issues.

Much appreciated. I will continue to try and improve the plotter so hopefully it will become less required in the future. Glad you were able to get around the issues.
I wouldn't call them issues, Spansh. I'd call it user error :)

Only thing I can think of that might help would be a line at the top instructions spot that explains the time-to-calculate mechanic, or perhaps include it in the first post of this thread. Unless it's already there, and I just missed it like a dummy :p

Galaxy Plotter seems to constantly give me too long jump ranges. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug/feature? :)

Here's the route: https://spansh.co.uk/exact-plotter/results/8BFD6A6A-8462-11EB-AFDE-4AD894EB4526

My DBX's current jump range is 65.93 LY (MAX 70.78). There are several distances, both supercharged & regular, that are too long. Is the tool perhaps calculating the jumps based on MAX jump range..?

Here's the SLEF, exported from EDDiscovery to EDSY and then into SLEF (I also tried JSON from Coriolis, with identical results)

[{"header":{"appName":"EDSY","appVersion":37546,"appURL":"https://edsy.org/#/L=Fi5TLml0H4C0S40,,,9p310A7W10AN880AdsG05Hgi40upD6qpD8qpDGy9OAqq00B6000BK420Bcg10,,4_w30330007Q4G02tvx52vPP6qpDAupDIj7iKnde0KU80mpT1IM002jw000nF40,PROJECT_05E,ENG_D5"},"data":{"event":"Loadout","Ship":"diamondbackxl","ShipName":"PROJECT 5E","ShipIdent":"ENG-5","HullValue":1426173,"ModulesValue":14399030,"UnladenMass":310.49286,"CargoCapacity":0,"MaxJumpRange":70.777059,"FuelCapacity":{"Main":32,"Reserve":0.52},"Rebuy":791260,"Modules":[{"Slot":"CargoHatch","Item":"modularcargobaydoor","On":true,"Priority":4},{"Slot":"Armour","Item":"diamondbackxl_armour_grade1","On":true,"Priority":1,"Value":0},{"Slot":"PowerPlant","Item":"int_powerplant_size4_class2","On":true,"Priority":1,"Value":53380},{"Slot":"MainEngines","Item":"int_engine_size4_class2","On":false,"Priority":0,"Value":59630},{"Slot":"FrameShiftDrive","Item":"int_hyperdrive_size5_class5","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":5103950,"Engineering":{"BlueprintName":"FSD_LongRange","Level":5,"Quality":0.683,"ExperimentalEffect":"special_fsd_fuelcapacity","Modifiers":[{"Label":"Mass","Value":26,"OriginalValue":20},{"Label":"Integrity","Value":102,"OriginalValue":120},{"Label":"PowerDraw","Value":0.7245,"OriginalValue":0.6},{"Label":"FSDOptimalMass","Value":1594.215088,"OriginalValue":1050},{"Label":"MaxFuelPerJump","Value":5.5,"OriginalValue":5}]}},{"Slot":"LifeSupport","Item":"int_lifesupport_size3_class2","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":10130},{"Slot":"PowerDistributor","Item":"int_powerdistributor_size4_class2","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":28370},{"Slot":"Radar","Item":"int_sensors_size3_class2","On":true,"Priority":2,"Value":10130},{"Slot":"FuelTank","Item":"int_fueltank_size5_class3","On":true,"Priority":1,"Value":97750},{"Slot":"Slot01_Size4","Item":"int_fuelscoop_size4_class5","On":true,"Priority":3,"Value":2862360},{"Slot":"Slot02_Size4","Item":"int_guardianfsdbooster_size4","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":3245010},{"Slot":"Slot03_Size3","Item":"int_shieldgenerator_size3_class2","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":18810,"Engineering":{"BlueprintName":"ShieldGenerator_Optimised","Level":3,"Quality":0.9267,"ExperimentalEffect":"special_shield_lightweight","Modifiers":[{"Label":"Mass","Value":1.19286,"OriginalValue":2},{"Label":"Integrity","Value":32.299999,"OriginalValue":38},{"Label":"PowerDraw","Value":1.008,"OriginalValue":1.44},{"Label":"ShieldGenOptimalMass","Value":158.399994,"OriginalValue":165},{"Label":"ShieldGenStrength","Value":97.902,"OriginalValue":90}]}},{"Slot":"Slot04_Size3","Item":"int_repairer_size3_class5","On":false,"Priority":0,"Value":2624400},{"Slot":"Slot06_Size2","Item":"int_buggybay_size2_class2","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":21600},{"Slot":"Slot07_Size1","Item":"int_detailedsurfacescanner_tiny","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":250000},{"Slot":"Slot08_Size1","Item":"int_dockingcomputer_advanced","On":true,"Priority":4,"Value":13510}]}}]

I tried messing with the SLEF's MaxJumpRange value manually to work around this problem but it has no effect on the results, so there must be something smarter going on behind the scenes.

I really like the tool but this makes it somewhat unusable for me.. Thank you anyway for your hard work Spansh!

Galaxy Plotter seems to constantly give me too long jump ranges. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug/feature? :)

Here's the route: https://spansh.co.uk/exact-plotter/results/8BFD6A6A-8462-11EB-AFDE-4AD894EB4526

My DBX's current jump range is 65.93 LY (MAX 70.78). There are several distances, both supercharged & regular, that are too long. Is the tool perhaps calculating the jumps based on MAX jump range..?

Here's the SLEF, exported from EDDiscovery to EDSY and then into SLEF (I also tried JSON from Coriolis, with identical results)

[{"header":{"appName":"EDSY","appVersion":37546,"appURL":"https://edsy.org/#/L=Fi5TLml0H4C0S40,,,9p310A7W10AN880AdsG05Hgi40upD6qpD8qpDGy9OAqq00B6000BK420Bcg10,,4_w30330007Q4G02tvx52vPP6qpDAupDIj7iKnde0KU80mpT1IM002jw000nF40,PROJECT_05E,ENG_D5"},"data":{"event":"Loadout","Ship":"diamondbackxl","ShipName":"PROJECT 5E","ShipIdent":"ENG-5","HullValue":1426173,"ModulesValue":14399030,"UnladenMass":310.49286,"CargoCapacity":0,"MaxJumpRange":70.777059,"FuelCapacity":{"Main":32,"Reserve":0.52},"Rebuy":791260,"Modules":[{"Slot":"CargoHatch","Item":"modularcargobaydoor","On":true,"Priority":4},{"Slot":"Armour","Item":"diamondbackxl_armour_grade1","On":true,"Priority":1,"Value":0},{"Slot":"PowerPlant","Item":"int_powerplant_size4_class2","On":true,"Priority":1,"Value":53380},{"Slot":"MainEngines","Item":"int_engine_size4_class2","On":false,"Priority":0,"Value":59630},{"Slot":"FrameShiftDrive","Item":"int_hyperdrive_size5_class5","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":5103950,"Engineering":{"BlueprintName":"FSD_LongRange","Level":5,"Quality":0.683,"ExperimentalEffect":"special_fsd_fuelcapacity","Modifiers":[{"Label":"Mass","Value":26,"OriginalValue":20},{"Label":"Integrity","Value":102,"OriginalValue":120},{"Label":"PowerDraw","Value":0.7245,"OriginalValue":0.6},{"Label":"FSDOptimalMass","Value":1594.215088,"OriginalValue":1050},{"Label":"MaxFuelPerJump","Value":5.5,"OriginalValue":5}]}},{"Slot":"LifeSupport","Item":"int_lifesupport_size3_class2","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":10130},{"Slot":"PowerDistributor","Item":"int_powerdistributor_size4_class2","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":28370},{"Slot":"Radar","Item":"int_sensors_size3_class2","On":true,"Priority":2,"Value":10130},{"Slot":"FuelTank","Item":"int_fueltank_size5_class3","On":true,"Priority":1,"Value":97750},{"Slot":"Slot01_Size4","Item":"int_fuelscoop_size4_class5","On":true,"Priority":3,"Value":2862360},{"Slot":"Slot02_Size4","Item":"int_guardianfsdbooster_size4","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":3245010},{"Slot":"Slot03_Size3","Item":"int_shieldgenerator_size3_class2","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":18810,"Engineering":{"BlueprintName":"ShieldGenerator_Optimised","Level":3,"Quality":0.9267,"ExperimentalEffect":"special_shield_lightweight","Modifiers":[{"Label":"Mass","Value":1.19286,"OriginalValue":2},{"Label":"Integrity","Value":32.299999,"OriginalValue":38},{"Label":"PowerDraw","Value":1.008,"OriginalValue":1.44},{"Label":"ShieldGenOptimalMass","Value":158.399994,"OriginalValue":165},{"Label":"ShieldGenStrength","Value":97.902,"OriginalValue":90}]}},{"Slot":"Slot04_Size3","Item":"int_repairer_size3_class5","On":false,"Priority":0,"Value":2624400},{"Slot":"Slot06_Size2","Item":"int_buggybay_size2_class2","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":21600},{"Slot":"Slot07_Size1","Item":"int_detailedsurfacescanner_tiny","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":250000},{"Slot":"Slot08_Size1","Item":"int_dockingcomputer_advanced","On":true,"Priority":4,"Value":13510}]}}]

I tried messing with the SLEF's MaxJumpRange value manually to work around this problem but it has no effect on the results, so there must be something smarter going on behind the scenes.

I really like the tool but this makes it somewhat unusable for me.. Thank you anyway for your hard work Spansh!
This is actually a feature - you have to refuel only when it tells you to. The less fuel you have, the longer the jump range so you can get farther than on a full tank... you have to trust the plotter. :)

I am not sure if this is the place to put suggestions but what would be a nice feature and probably easy to add, would be selecting the FSD injection quality if you select FSD boost on the Galaxy Plotter. Some routes might work with basic or standard and it would save resources.

What Gvine said is probably right, I looked at what it's doing with your ship build and it seems to be detecting the jump ranges correctly, so you just have to trust that when you get to a jump you think is too large, you'll have little enough fuel that it'll all work out right (it should).

Unless you have an example of when you got to a system and couldn't make the jump. In which case it would be useful to know how much fuel you had remaining compared to what the system said you should have.

If you do end up in that kind of situation you can just plot using the galaxy map to the next refuel star on the route which should reset you back to where you should be (with a full tank on the right route).

I did a trip to Ishum's Reach and back with your galaxy plotter. 130.000 Lightyears within a weak was very exhausting but without your awesome tool it would've been impossible. I used a Krait Phantom with the double engineered FSD and had absolutely no issues.

I can't thank you enough for your awesome work!

P.S.: When I left the plotted route every now and then for some exploring I sometimes experienced something similiar like glxblt: after jumping to systems on my own the next two plotted neutron jumps did not work as calculated - I had more fuel from unplanned scooping whereby my ship was heavier and the plotted jumps could not work. But when jumping strictly by the plotted route I still had enough freedom to leave the path at any time because of the tool leaving always at least 32 tons of fuel as some kind of emergency supply.

Does anyone know how long the system search links / IDs for specific search results last?
I'm thinking of including some Spansh links in a guide/resource, but I'm not sure if I should use links or just screenshots.

Does anyone know how long the system search links / IDs for specific search results last?
I'm thinking of including some Spansh links in a guide/resource, but I'm not sure if I should use links or just screenshots.
The individual pages use the in game ids for systems, bodies and stations so they are permanent. The search links are stored in the database so they are also permanent, though the results may change of course.

Pretty much any of the URL's on the site should work forever unless I change the site structure (which I'm not intending to do currently), I've made an effort to ensure that they all work properly when given out/bookmarked. If I was to change anything drastically I'd make an effort to redirect things, but, as I said, no plans currently.

G'day Commander!

Thank you so much for this amazing tool.

I noticed something today which I think I've seen a few other people having difficulties with too. But I have found a strange occurrence which I'm not sure is related but I wanted to point it out. Apologies if this has already been said.

I've been trying to plot a course from Stuemeae BA-A c2030 (Near Sagittarius A*) to Calennero (In the bubble) and every time I have tried, the search returns 397 jumps with no neutron stars. I had also tried searches starting and finishing in relative neighbouring systems but with no better luck.

I became curious after a while and I decided to flip the locations from "start to finish" and changed it to "finish to start". The search returned a completely different result. What once was a 397 jump journey became a 115 jump journey with many neutron's.

I don't know much about stuff but could this be a propagation thing or some such?

Just wanted to share my results in the case it might help you out.

Once again I thank you so very much Commander. This tool has become a number one go-to for all of my galactic exploration and there is absolutely no way I would have been able discover a fraction of what I have, without your help.

Be well and happy and fly safe.

(EDIT: I am aware that this work around will add and extra few jumps from scoops to the next neutron given that the search will triple the distance in reverse from the neutron to the fuel star, so for anyone reading this it will be possible that an injection or a manual re-route will be required if there aren't any fuel stars between those two points.)

Last edited:
I have seen such a behaviour too. So far I have "solved" this by always trying both neutron plotter and galaxy plotter, using the result with fewer jumps... but it is only a workaround.

Good morning, thanks for the tool it works great! One small QOL suggestion please, as I like to try both the Neutron and Galaxy plotter and then also maybe different POIs in routes I like to be able to run the calcs several times, but once I type a system in the box I can't copy it to try again and have to type over in new search. If you made that box's text selectable would be very nice thanks.

I've encountered a weird behaviour today. While using the body search, the reference system field is ignored regardless of what I put in there and the results always appear as if the reference system was the centre of the galaxy. Same if I disable the reference system field and try with reference coordinates.

For example, I'm looking for pristine metal rich rings and using Sol as reference system. I put Sol as the reference, distance set to 500LY, reserves as pristine, ring filters to metal rich. Leave everything else as it is, hit search and the first result is Myriesly CL-P e5-7383.

I used to find rings this exact way few months back and now it doesn't seem to work like I expected. Am I doing something wrong with search conditions? It's the same in two different browsers - firefox and vivaldi.

Last edited:
I've encountered a weird behaviour today. While using the body search, the reference system field is ignored regardless of what I put in there and the results always appear as if the reference system was the centre of the galaxy. Same if I disable the reference system field and try with reference coordinates.

For example, I'm looking for pristine metal rich rings and using Sol as reference system. I put Sol as the reference, distance set to 500LY, reserves as pristine, ring filters to metal rich. Leave everything else as it is, hit search and the first result is Myriesly CL-P e5-7383.

I used to find rings this exact way few months back and now it doesn't seem to work like I expected. Am I doing something wrong with search conditions? It's the same in two different browsers - firefox and vivaldi.
This was a bug which appeared to be related to a library I was using, a restart fixed it (you were actually seeing results for an unrelated search I believe), I've put some protections in to attempt to prevent this in future.

In future can you include a link to the search please, it makes it much easier to see what's going on.

Last edited:
Good evening Spansh, using the Galaxy Plotter and it says Fuel and Neutron are you supposed to fuel at a secondary star in the system? o7

G'day Commander!

Thank you so much for this amazing tool.

I noticed something today which I think I've seen a few other people having difficulties with too. But I have found a strange occurrence which I'm not sure is related but I wanted to point it out. Apologies if this has already been said.

I've been trying to plot a course from Stuemeae BA-A c2030 (Near Sagittarius A*) to Calennero (In the bubble) and every time I have tried, the search returns 397 jumps with no neutron stars. I had also tried searches starting and finishing in relative neighbouring systems but with no better luck.

I became curious after a while and I decided to flip the locations from "start to finish" and changed it to "finish to start". The search returned a completely different result. What once was a 397 jump journey became a 115 jump journey with many neutron's.

I don't know much about stuff but could this be a propagation thing or some such?

Just wanted to share my results in the case it might help you out.

Once again I thank you so very much Commander. This tool has become a number one go-to for all of my galactic exploration and there is absolutely no way I would have been able discover a fraction of what I have, without your help.

Be well and happy and fly safe.

(EDIT: I am aware that this work around will add and extra few jumps from scoops to the next neutron given that the search will triple the distance in reverse from the neutron to the fuel star, so for anyone reading this it will be possible that an injection or a manual re-route will be required if there aren't any fuel stars between those two points.)
For these things you should always give me a link to your route, without knowing your ship build I can't run the same test and see what's happening, the direct link to the route will allow me to do that. That said, I tested with one of my own ships and came up with a 400 jump route. If you shift 200LY left or right (for instance with this route https://spansh.co.uk/exact-plotter/results/C780D3FE-89E1-11EB-AB4C-5CB394EB4526) then it drops to 99. This is all related to the neutron void along the 0 axis of the galaxy. If you push yourself outside that it resolves itself. I'll see what I can do to try and resolve that, though last time I did it managed to pretty badly negatively affect some other routes.

I've made some tweaks to gently nudge the router off the 0 axis and hopefully that will solve the problem without negatively impacting other routes, let me know if you spot any issues.

Last edited:
Ok thanks, would you consider making this optional and forcing fuel stops to be the main star? I get off track with this a bit and it throws my weight off for future jumps. Or sometimes the secondary star is very far (had one tonight that was 218k ls for example). Galaxy plotter is a great innovation, thank you!

Ok thanks, would you consider making this optional and forcing fuel stops to be the main star? I get off track with this a bit and it throws my weight off for future jumps. Or sometimes the secondary star is very far (had one tonight that was 218k ls for example). Galaxy plotter is a great innovation, thank you!
That should never happen, it limits nearby stars to within 100ls of the jump in point (note 100 ls not 100k), if the secondary star is further away than that it is not classed as scoopable/neutron.

I could potentially make it optional but it would require quite a lot of changes under the hood.

This was a bug which appeared to be related to a library I was using, a restart fixed it (you were actually seeing results for an unrelated search I believe), I've put some protections in to attempt to prevent this in future.

In future can you include a link to the search please, it makes it much easier to see what's going on.
Thank you for clarifying. Things are working as expected now.

Top Bottom