What other games are we all playing?

Dyson Sphere Program. It's in Early Access and pretty unpolished but you can play right through to the primary goal. If forced to sum it up in five words, I'd go with "very Chinese 3D Factorio wannabe". I will probably put it to bed soon and return for another look when it leaves EA - it has potential and it's not bad value for money, but I don't see it ever having quite the same compulsive draw as Factorio.

Dyson Sphere Program. It's in Early Access and pretty unpolished but you can play right through to the primary goal. If forced to sum it up in five words, I'd go with "very Chinese 3D Factorio wannabe". I will probably put it to bed soon and return for another look when it leaves EA - it has potential and it's not bad value for money, but I don't see it ever having quite the same compulsive draw as Factorio.
I don't know about Chinese but I think it's a very neat concept and worthy indie game. I'm gonna revisit later because I want to see solar I painted the sky with sails glistening in suns. Factorio is top down and that is fine but Dyson Sphere takes it to the next level uncoupling form the top down lock. Just as Satisfactory did, but on a larger scale even. I like how the Factorio concept evolved. There is lots of inspiration drawn and I enjoy seeing that.

I don't know about Chinese but I think it's a very neat concept and worthy indie game. I'm gonna revisit later because I want to see solar I painted the sky with sails glistening in suns. Factorio is top down and that is fine but Dyson Sphere takes it to the next level uncoupling form the top down lock. Just as Satisfactory did, but on a larger scale even. I like how the Factorio concept evolved. There is lots of inspiration drawn and I enjoy seeing that.
I found Satisfactory to be literally unplayable a year or two ago (I think I had free temporary access to an alpha version or something). I'm aware that it's considerably more polished now but from what I've seen of how it plays out, I'm still not interested. DSP is an improvement on Satisfactory in that it's still essentially third person, even if it's not literally "top down" (because there is no "up"), and I agree it has the better concept and character. But for me both of those games are an object lesson in 3D vector graphics not automatically making a game "better". I'm not saying Factorio is flawless but of the three, I found it to have far and away the most compelling play, and it's essentially 2D sprites giving the illusion of 2.5D.

Got a discounted game for "May the 4th" so that will be taking up some free time spent on ED... Not good enough for full price but is Hotas Custom Key mapping enabled game on console,.. (Hey NAMCO yet another developer allows it, so can you for Ace combat 7... )
Has human team Vs AI (bots in CQC) which fdev wont do...
Screenshot_20210505_141825.png

I found Satisfactory to be literally unplayable a year or two ago (I think I had free temporary access to an alpha version or something). I'm aware that it's considerably more polished now but from what I've seen of how it plays out, I'm still not interested. DSP is an improvement on Satisfactory in that it's still essentially third person, even if it's not literally "top down" (because there is no "up"), and I agree it has the better concept and character. But for me both of those games are an object lesson in 3D vector graphics not automatically making a game "better". I'm not saying Factorio is flawless but of the three, I found it to have far and away the most compelling play, and it's essentially 2D sprites giving the illusion of 2.5D.
I didn't mean to say that 3D is superior. 2D games have absolutely their place. RimWorld and Oxygen Not Included are excellent examples - just like Factorio. It's more how others pick up a concept and find their own way to give a twist to it. As long as it is creative process and not a bandwagon - like the zombie game flood - it brings new ideas and concepts to the table.

Was it in VR or 2d? It is quite decent in VR considering it's a fan-made mod

Don’t have a machine capable of playing it this way, and wouldn’t have enjoyed troubleshooting my way through getting it to work on a first playthrough; but it’s something I’d like to return to eventually and try in VR. It certainly seems well suited to the format.

Don’t have a machine capable of playing it this way, and wouldn’t have enjoyed troubleshooting my way through getting it to work on a first playthrough; but it’s something I’d like to return to eventually and try in VR. It certainly seems well suited to the format.
As for troubleshooting it's pretty mature. Installation is a .dll drag and drop. There are some glitches and imperfections (for example Alias Isolation mod isn't working so VR exposes the jaggies) and there's pop-in, but the experience of playing Alien Isolation in VR is... one of a kind. That said, the author recently resurfaced and maybe development will resume or it will be opensourced.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNmSWrrWsoY

Pathfinder Kingmaker.

Nicely harks back to the old days of Baldur's Gate 2, a spirit that BG3 doesn't quite capture for me.

I also like how you can adjust the difficulty on the fly and to suit your party. All the munchkins and minmaxers boasting of how they can complete the game on hardest difficutly while cheesing the hell out of the mechanics, and here's me creating characters named after Santa's reindeer!

EDIT: Here is my party

EYdfwgC.png

Last edited:
Does anybody play Rebel Galaxy Outlaw ?
I tried it but it didn't sit right with me.
I really love the original RG with its massive ships, broadsiding combat and interesting dynamic universe, but the second one is just weird. The ships are weird, the combat is weird and the whole things feel really limited in many ways.
Maybe I just didn't give it enough time to grow on me, who knows.
But I know people who liked it a lot, so it's probably just the case of a "not for me" game.

Pathfinder Kingmaker.

Nicely harks back to the old days of Baldur's Gate 2, a spirit that BG3 doesn't quite capture for me.

I also like how you can adjust the difficulty on the fly and to suit your party. All the munchkins and minmaxers boasting of how they can complete the game on hardest difficutly while cheesing the hell out of the mechanics, and here's me creating characters named after Santa's reindeer!

EDIT: Here is my party

EYdfwgC.png
Enjoying this game? Steam emailed me to let me know it's on sale, very considerate of them.

Advice needed, Project cars 2. OK. My ego, has had me reduce traction control and ABS to about 10%. However: When I play on-line, I see other players, braking in much less space and pulling away from corners, much earlier and faster. So. Should I ignore my ego and just put both up to 100%?

Enjoying this game? Steam emailed me to let me know it's on sale, very considerate of them.

Loving it.

Also the kingdom management part i didn't think i would like, but its actually ok, although i turned down the difficulty of that to effortless because the last thing i want is the fate of my kingdom depending on dice rolls (which can happen as some events are resolved via "cards" where you assign one of your advisors to deal with and there is a DC check roll for it). Others you go out and resolve yourself, like finding a missing child that has been taken by a witch.

There is the main story, which has time limits on it (many things do) but for the main story you can just focus on that and then worry about some of the bigger kingdom stuff later as you get months or even years between the acts which allows you plenty of time for adventuring and dealing with developing your kingdom.

Or you can just change the kingdom stuff to automatic and you can forget about it... although i've heard that bad things (tm) can happen on automatic.

Top Bottom