PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

I tried my hand at some murderin’? pirate’n? privateering for the first time today at the Harma CG.

Ugh it was so BORING.

I was there for hours and only found four traders. I caught two, who both immediately combat logged.

I like PVP, but I’ll probably stick to being the prey and/or lone bounty hunter. It seems like you guys need higher quality targets to chase. ;)

***Please stop flying in wings with big ships, though. You’ll never catch me that way and it’s super snooze fest.

I tried my hand at some murderin’? pirate’n? privateering for the first time today at the Harma CG.

Ugh it was so BORING.

I was there for hours and only found four traders. I caught two, who both immediately combat logged.

I like PVP, but I’ll probably stick to being the prey and/or lone bounty hunter. It seems like you guys need higher quality targets to chase. ;)

***Please stop flying in wings with big ships, though. You’ll never catch me that way and it’s super snooze fest.
Yep combat logging is dominant in piracy.
I love it most when I fly a clean combat ship in a CG system (because I fight gankers sometimes or just look for some PvP)
and the bandwith meter tells me incoming CMDRs, they appear for a second in supercruise and then the instance empties.

Preemptive combat logging 🤷‍♂️

Yesterday I got instanced several times with an honest pirate, first time he interdicted me I jumped out, next time
I chose to parlay. Cost me a whopping 40 tons of semiconductors for the right of free passage for 24 hours. Well bargained and done.

basilisk.jpg

'Twas only in a Combat Zone, but still 🥳

Talking a bit to myself here, but together with AI Grog I managed to win my first AX CZ (sans Hydra as we were only two CMDRS in mediums).
Three Cyclops and a Basilisk, together with countless scouts. Made 200 million since yesterday in AX combat.

bonds.jpg

That's a Basilisk and the voucher for the won CZ, plus some scouts.

I guess I've been corrupted to the dark side.

I was doing some shady undercover business yesterday far from home, clearing two CZ's with CMDR Kari Kerenski.
After we've been finished, on the way to repair/rearm I noticed a clean CMDR with a KWS in supercruise.
KWS for me means he's a bounty hunter, which was diametrally opposed to our goals :LOL:

So for the first time in my entire Elite playtime, I pulled an enemy clean CMDR with the clear intend to kill him.

Thanks to my full FdL PA loadout (5 of them for training purposes), I wasn't able to kill the enemy CMDR before he low-waked.
After following him in the nearby nav-beacon, the inevitable happened, he combat logged :unsure:
He was in a Vulture and Inara stated him having 5.3 Billion in assets.
Why the hell did you log, CMDR???
Take the rebuy, or make me rebuy mine, but what? Wat? Seriously? 5.3 billion assets and you won't take a Vulture rebuy?

But I digress...

Do I have to feel bad now for trying to murder another CMDR in cold blood, to further my own goals?
I confess, it felt good. A new, intense rush of adrenaline, I can see now why so many people choose this path.

Oh, and I feel bad.
About my abysmal PA aim. If I had my multigimbal outfit, that Vulture would have exploded sigh

link to my youtube videos (just combat records, nothing fancy)
The Pilots Federation is legally required to say that all ships come stock with emergency phasing technologies to dissuade overly aggressive Commanders from engaging in excessively destructive acts. Some in the Community sternly refuse to utilize these tools out of a sense of pride, though their use is not necessarily grounds for any official punishment.

The so-called "PvP" is strongly discouraged by the Pilots Federation, though not always entirely illegal.

(...WAIT! I did not realize how OLD this original thread is! And all the people bringing it back up to recent, with little relation to the Original Post.)

The Pilots Federation is legally required to say that all ships come stock with emergency phasing technologies to dissuade overly aggressive Commanders from engaging in excessively destructive acts. Some in the Community sternly refuse to utilize these tools out of a sense of pride, though their use is not necessarily grounds for any official punishment.

The so-called "PvP" is strongly discouraged by the Pilots Federation, though not always entirely illegal.

(...WAIT! I did not realize how OLD this original thread is! And all the people bringing it back up to recent, with little relation to the Original Post.)
It's more a collection of my adventures nowadays 😁

Finally 🥳 🥳 🥳

finally.jpg

That missing badge bugged me quite a lot (pun intended).

Last week on thursday when the AX war reignited with the combat zones in the Pleiades and the Coalsack Nebula,
I decided to finally go for it and get the last one missing.

I started out with 410 Thargoids killed.

stats.jpg

I had some Cyclops kills for a long time, and an assisted Basilisk kill.

The last few days I scratched quite a lot things of my to do list:

• finished an AX CZ solo (without Hydra)
  • finished an AX CZ including Hydra in a wing
  • participated in killing a Hydra obviously
  • finished a Basilisk (in AX CZ only, so still have to get one in a USS)
  • finished a Cyclops / Cyclops + Basilisk triple kill (in the finished CZ)

To complete my goal I killed 569 scouts and 28 Interceptors, the Hydra isn't awarded by Inara
because I wasn't in the wing which scored the last shot, the CZ awarded the kill though,
as seen in the screenshots some posts further up.

In the end I was killing scouts mostly, first in a Krait MkII then later in my absolute fun AX Chieftain "AX McMuffin"

For the scouts I changed the medium Gauss to a second AX Multiturret, still enough to kill Cyclops but only good
for Basilisk assists. Still have to kill a Medusa yet.

I'm quite relieved I got this target before Odyssey drops on Wednesday/Thursday, so I can now concentrate on this.

Finally 🥳 🥳 🥳

View attachment 226890

That missing badge bugged me quite a lot (pun intended).

Last week on thursday when the AX war reignited with the combat zones in the Pleiades and the Coalsack Nebula,
I decided to finally go for it and get the last one missing.

I started out with 410 Thargoids killed.

View attachment 226891

I had some Cyclops kills for a long time, and an assisted Basilisk kill.

The last few days I scratched quite a lot things of my to do list:

• finished an AX CZ solo (without Hydra)
  • finished an AX CZ including Hydra in a wing
  • participated in killing a Hydra obviously
  • finished a Basilisk (in AX CZ only, so still have to get one in a USS)
  • finished a Cyclops / Cyclops + Basilisk triple kill (in the finished CZ)

To complete my goal I killed 569 scouts and 28 Interceptors, the Hydra isn't awarded by Inara
because I wasn't in the wing which scored the last shot, the CZ awarded the kill though,
as seen in the screenshots some posts further up.

In the end I was killing scouts mostly, first in a Krait MkII then later in my absolute fun AX Chieftain "AX McMuffin"

For the scouts I changed the medium Gauss to a second AX Multiturret, still enough to kill Cyclops but only good
for Basilisk assists. Still have to kill a Medusa yet.

I'm quite relieved I got this target before Odyssey drops on Wednesday/Thursday, so I can now concentrate on this.
Official sources requested, friend-o. :p Should be a stats page in your Codex under your Commander's tab.

That mild humor aside, good job on 1k kills. Semper Bellum!

I got my backside handed to me a few days ago. I was flying a decently engineered Vulture, with a pair of G5 (overcharged) MCs (incendiary). Bi-weaves (I am currently greasing my way towards unlocking prismatics), 2 SBs, 1 SCB, 1 chaff, 1 heat sink. G5 dirty drives... I was trolling in Deciat, basically running around with a "Kill me! PLEASE! RIGHT NOW!" sign on my fuselage. Just for giggles. ;)

A commander in an FDL pulled me over for a friendly non-verbal chat. Man, the fur flew. MY fur. :LOL: He kicked my backside so hard, I had trouble getting up from my seat afterwards.

I did my fair share of mistakes: 1. Didn't use pips properly (got flustered). 2. Didn't manouevre enough. 3. Forgot to use chaff/heat sinks/SCB...

Anyway, I took my licks and watched my ship come apart around me. The rebuy was well spent, it motivated me to slime my way into the good graces of that young lady offering prismatics for old geezers like me...

Top Bottom