Game Discussions Mass Effect remastered!

I have. Played a little. It's looking a lot better for sure, and the controls are much better as well for KB+M on PC.

Only things that were annoying was:
1) 100 GB download... been downloading for a veeeeerryyyyyy looooonnnnggggg tiiiiimmmmmeeeee.
2) You have to have Origin installed and a login, even if you bought it on Steam, and it wouldn't start at first, so I had to reboot, and start from the Origin app instead to get it work right.

Other than that, works really nice.

They added a photo mode! Must've gotten that idea from Elite. :D

As someone who completely skipped mass effect (what the hell was I playing at that time? Oh, Supreme Commander, Stalker and Gran Turismo on PS)
I'm mildly intrigued to get it later in a sale.
I played all the original ME trilogy at least three times. The story is really phenomenal and the protagonist, Commander Shepherd, has quite a lot of depth to him/her. Commander Shepherd can be played as a hybrid of the best qualities of Kirk and Picard as well as pure evil or good. The decisions you make can have quite a devastating effect on the end game, which is one reason why I played through the game so many times. I actually felt my decisions to be consequential.

I played it on ez level at first then went to the highest difficulty. The combat is old school, and if I can do it, anyone can.

Mass Effect is what got me into Elite Dangerous in the first place. Being Commander of the Normandy was so addictive that I was starved to be in some sort of spaceship. Racing around the Milky Way in Mass Effect fighting super meanies and upgrading my ship and interspecies diplomacy was heaven. Hence my playing Elite now.

I look at the Elite Dangerous universe and see such an opportunity for great stories like that of Mass Effect. Maybe someday wandering around Jameson Memorial will have as profound an effect on me as wandering around the Citadel. Perhaps someday the Milky Way of Elite Dangerous will feel as alive to me as the Milky Way of Mass Effect.

Although I have voraciously viewed a lot of the current reviews of the Legendary edition, I will not be buying it myself because the greatness of Mass Effect is mostly in the story and gameplay choices.

If a person has never played the series though, I do strongly recommend it.

:)

I played all the original ME trilogy at least three times. The story is really phenomenal and the protagonist, Commander Shepherd, has quite a lot of depth to him/her. Commander Shepherd can be played as a hybrid of the best qualities of Kirk and Picard as well as pure evil or good. The decisions you make can have quite a devastating effect on the end game, which is one reason why I played through the game so many times. I actually felt my decisions to be consequential.

I played it on ez level at first then went to the highest difficulty. The combat is old school, and if I can do it, anyone can.

Mass Effect is what got me into Elite Dangerous in the first place. Being Commander of the Normandy was so addictive that I was starved to be in some sort of spaceship. Racing around the Milky Way in Mass Effect fighting super meanies and upgrading my ship and interspecies diplomacy was heaven. Hence my playing Elite now.

I look at the Elite Dangerous universe and see such an opportunity for great stories like that of Mass Effect. Maybe someday wandering around Jameson Memorial will have as profound an effect on me as wandering around the Citadel. Perhaps someday the Milky Way of Elite Dangerous will feel as alive to me as the Milky Way of Mass Effect.

Although I have voraciously viewed a lot of the current reviews of the Legendary edition, I will not be buying it myself because the greatness of Mass Effect is mostly in the story and gameplay choices.

If a person has never played the series though, I do strongly recommend it.

:)
I get the legendary editions for free with EA Play pro...since it's been a while since I dabbled with the ME series, I shall download and fire it up once more :)

Intrigued to know if they have standardised the control schemes throughout....

I'm going to assume you can't play it seamlessly 1 through 3 though. Although if it did is probably buy it in a instant ☺️

I'm going to assume you can't play it seamlessly 1 through 3 though. Although if it did is probably buy it in a instant ☺️
I am going to try to remember, it was four years ago that I played last.

The basic movement i.e., wasd and fire buttons were consistent throughout.
The combat in mass effect 1 is slightly different than 2 and 3.
So there will be differences in how you control the two other members of your attack team. However throughout the trilogy it is Cover based combat and the skills trees are relatable. Weapons are straight forward. I usually carried a sniper and a shotgun.

Im sure youtube will have gory in depth analysis' of the combat differences between original and legendary so that you might get a gist of the combat gameplay.

I tried Rainbow 6 Siege, and ugh, that combat was too complicated for me and melted my brain. Mass Effect is really easy in comparison.

This is where I land as well. I originally played on PS3, so I'm sure the remaster is WAY better, graphics-wise, than my first experience, but the story is the story, and that was "ultra-def" even back then. I have no reason to play it again, but I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't.

The Legendary edition that I'm downloading now is one file...ME trilogy in one package basically, or so it appears. 100Gb or so which would tie in with all 3.

The Legendary edition that I'm downloading now is one file...ME trilogy in one package basically, or so it appears. 100Gb or so which would tie in with all 3.
They're all combined in the sense that when you start, you get a menu to choose 1, 2, or 3 (much like the latest Halo Master chief Collection). I just started MEL1 so I don't know how it ties in and continues with 2 and 3, but I think I read somewhere that they did make it more streamlined or seamless.

As someone who completely skipped mass effect (what the hell was I playing at that time? Oh, Supreme Commander, Stalker and Gran Turismo on PS)
I'm mildly intrigued to get it later in a sale.

I played all the original ME trilogy at least three times.

Well, i have the original trilogy as boxed version
And i also have it as digital download on Origin (EA ) Store.

And yea, played it as well at least 3 times

Tempted to get the remastered edition as well... a bit expensive at the moment tho...

Definitely not paying again for the games I already paid for. Especially considering that it's a bad console port that doesn't even do mouse controls right, or have any graphics settings to speak of that you'd expect from a PC game.

Been playing since it launched on my Xbox Series X, and it is much improved over the original.

Combat in ME1 is alot better now, sniper rifles and assault rifles are usable from the start and you don't need to play a class with the relevant weapon skill to scope and ADS. Having weapon skills improves damage and accuracy like before and I found myself relying on my pistol and sniper as an Infiltrator.

Scope sway is completly gone, in the original you had to invest 9 point into Sniper Rifles to eliminate it completly. Frees up alot of skill points if you want to use a sniper on Adept, Vanguard, Sentinel and Engineer, and don't want to complete the game once to unlock them as bonus skills.

They also made some changes to the weapons, now the different manufacturers have meaningful differences such as burst fire snipers and assault rifles and hard hitting and slow firing weapons. In the original they all operated the same within their weapon class, so don't read too much into weapon stats, try the weapon first or read the description to give you a hint.

When it comes to difficulty it feels a bit easier than the original, enemy AI is familiar and it appears they made a few tweaks such as Krogans not being quite as eager to rush you, Therum fight felt noticeably easier on Insanity difficulty against the Krogan Battlemaster. It's likely because they made changes to the Fitness skill (Immunity power), it only lasts 6 seconds now. Insanity is much less of a chore compared to the original where I found Hardcore to be the sweet spot. And lastly the Mako got some much needed handling tweaks, have yet to land on Nodacrux though, which is the real test.

I expect ME2 and ME3 to play exactly the same, they didn't need any changes and I don't believe they made any since both were well balanced, ME2 in particular.

Are the cut scenes able to be skipped or at least shortened i.e landing at the Citadel and the other main areas? Elevator/lift scenes sped up?

Yes, elevator scenes are skippable. I haven't paid attention to cut-scenes if they are too. Been busy looking at the improved graphics.

Top Bottom