Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

99% of things CIG showed are not in game. All of that because of mythical lawsuits, I imagine. 🤣
Nope not my point, I just said we don’t know if Disney will do anything, that’s all, the sand worms was supposed to be in game, like a lot of other stuff, we don’t know why it’s not in, could be the usual incompetency from CIG or something blocking it from the outside, speculation is all we got as there is no facts to back it up, that’s all.

Nope not my point, I just said we don’t know if Disney will do anything, that’s all, the sand worms was supposed to be in game, like a lot of other stuff, we don’t know why it’s not in, could be the usual incompetency from CIG or something blocking it from the outside, speculation is all we got as there is no facts to back it up, that’s all.
The Sandworm is on Leir III, one could argue the Leir system isn't in yet but i'll eat my keyboard if 'there be sandworms' on Leir III when its in.

Yea that sandworm was quite obviously lifted straight from Dune. that's not really going to appear in game :LOL:
Sand worms have appeared in many many creative works from TV, movies, film and everything in between. Star Wars has them too.

"Sand worm isn't in because of IP infringement" is certainly a new excuse, so props for that at least 😅

Yes but they look different, SC was a clear copy.

:rolleyes:🤣

CryTek tried to get their own case dismissed without prejudice, why would they do that if they think they are going to win?

CIG and CryTek settled out of court but not before CIG hit back with a request for dismisal with prejudice.

With prejudice meant CryTek paid all costs including CIGs and also meant it couldnt be brought before court again - it was dismissed.

Without prejudice meant CryTek could bring the case to court again when SQ42 was released, they were working on the timeline CIG had given to backers, once discovery found those claims to be false it makes sense to hold off....especially as CIG agreed to buy the correct licence and conceded the case.

Dunno where you live but in UK our shelves are full of products that could easily be believed to be the genuine product sat next to it. Supermarket own brands are phenomenal at it. Changing just enough to make it not breach of copyright.

CIG released a licenced product in the Hello Kitty helmet and it was immediately pointed out by backers on Spectrum that they needed a licence. The answer came back that of course it wouldn't be in the final game...then it got a small rename or redesign.

OTOH its still baffles me how during the phone wars one company managed to say they had copyrighted rounded corners on phones. I own multiple tables and few of them have square corners, they are all rounded to stop injury.

As you say Disney is phenomenally aggressive with copyright, so call it a mud-worm or a space worm larvae or a million other things if they really have managed to copyright the 'sand worm' in the first place. Some of the ships in SC are ED rip-offs with an extra spoiler or bit stuck on.

The fact that CIG dont seem to recognise when copyright or legal agreements or licences are being breached is a worrying thing, it gives the appearance that they dont have any decent lawyers overseeing the project or the ones that do are only interested in stiffing the backers refund rights. Which hasnt been tested in court due to usual fears....I still dont know if that class action lawsuit is gong anywhere or was just a hoax using real lawyers credentials....but UK courts dont like companies trying to get around the rules or rewrite the law to stiff consumers and I think Germany for example is even stricter.

Don’t know if this has been posted here.
Screenshot_20210509-234025_Chrome.png

Top Bottom