Odyssey Launch Competition - WIN BIG!

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
MicrosoftTeams-image (15).jpg

Greetings Commanders,

To celebrate the launch of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey on PC, we’ve teamed up with OverClockers UK who are giving away some fantastic prizes!

1st Prize

2nd Prize
  • Overclockers UK Pyrite Gaming PC – Intel Core i5 with RTX 3060 GPU

3rd Prize

This monster of a competition has already started so head here to enter! We’ll also have many other amazing opportunities to win prizes throughout the next few weeks so keep an eye out for those.

O7

Tip: If you're having trouble seeing the giveaway widget on the linked page check if you browser or addon didn't block gleam.io website.
It seems like Google Chrome aggressively blocked it for "cross cookie resource reference" (or something similar) in my case.

ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open for residents and citizens of the UK & ROI only, aged 16 years or over.

PUBLICITY GRANT: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes permission from entrant for Sponsor and its designees to use entrant’s name, social media username, city, and state of residence, and likeness (including, without limitation, social media profile photo), for advertising and promotional purposes, in any manner, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law and as otherwise provided herein.

so:
A) Only open for UK & ROI (Ireland)

B) Just entering gives the companies involved the right to use your data "worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission".

While A disqualifies me anyway, B would have made me not enter anyway, given the odds.

At least the part of eligibiliaty (A) should be in the original post I think, as it is extremely unclear throughout the various pages.

ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open for residents and citizens of the UK & ROI only, aged 16 years or over.

PUBLICITY GRANT: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes permission from entrant for Sponsor and its designees to use entrant’s name, social media username, city, and state of residence, and likeness (including, without limitation, social media profile photo), for advertising and promotional purposes, in any manner, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law and as otherwise provided herein.

so:

B) Just entering gives the companies involved the right to use your data "worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission".

While A disqualifies me anyway, B would have made me not enter anyway, given the odds.
B is standard for pretty much all internet based (and other) competitions these days.

As an Aussie I figured I would be disqualified anyway :(

I could sign up for the junk mail though... I can always use more junk mail :)

I have entered! Good luck to everyone who enters!

But after today's news with the PC requirements, This will be my only chance to play Odyssey.

View attachment 226874

Greetings Commanders,

To celebrate the launch of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey on PC, we’ve teamed up with OverClockers UK who are giving away some fantastic prizes!

1st Prize

2nd Prize

3rd Prize

This monster of a competition has already started so head here to enter! We’ll also have many other amazing opportunities to win prizes throughout the next few weeks so keep an eye out for those.

O7

so:

At least the part of eligibiliaty (A) should be in the original post I think, as it is extremely unclear throughout the various pages.

Yes.. Should be in CAPITAL LETTERS on the first post
Well my browser wouldn't load their page anyway. So thank-you for heads up that it is region specific.

Who or what is 'Gleam'........needs to authorise them access for the twitch account entry.......can they be trusted???

Top Bottom