Odyssey Launch Competition - WIN BIG!

This is the launch of Odyssey and many players from other countries have paid to buy the DLC.

It would be normal if the entire community could participate and it would be a mark of elegance of Frontier.

😷
And as already stated, US companies have competitions for US only citizens, but the US citizens dont cry foul when its only them that can win. Besides, the PC in the prize has a 3070 as the GPU and OcUK will not ship the 30xx series abroad after all the debacle that came with oversees buyers snapping them up with bots.

And as already stated, US companies have competitions for US only citizens, but the US citizens dont cry foul when its only them that can win. Besides, the PC in the prize has a 3070 as the GPU and OcUK will not ship the 30xx series abroad after all the debacle that came with oversees buyers snapping them up with bots.
I'd have the same problem with those contests as well.

Curiously, How do you know what US citizens cry foul about and don't cry foul about? You familiar with all of us.

I'm pretty sure we have never met and discussed this.

ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open for residents and citizens of the UK & ROI only, aged 16 years or over.

PUBLICITY GRANT: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes permission from entrant for Sponsor and its designees to use entrant’s name, social media username, city, and state of residence, and likeness (including, without limitation, social media profile photo), for advertising and promotional purposes, in any manner, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law and as otherwise provided herein.

so:
A) Only open for UK & ROI (Ireland)

B) Just entering gives the companies involved the right to use your data "worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission".

While A disqualifies me anyway, B would have made me not enter anyway, given the odds.

At least the part of eligibiliaty (A) should be in the original post I think, as it is extremely unclear throughout the various pages.
How very disappointing. Well, I'll just unsubscribe from Overclockers then.

Thats OK, you can't win the game, but you are now playing junk mail roulette. Your bits will be bigger (and you will be thinner) in weeks, so that's a win :)
True, which will not be fun at all. I've also gone and blocked them on FB, IG, and Twitter once I found out about the "we can use everything about you in perpetuity" thing, because that's not cool, and unsubbed from their email. That's about all I can do, but it's probably already too late.

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm good on hardware, but maybe some other financially-poor goofball will be more appreciative.

That's even ignoring that I am an American and your SWEEPSTAKES is only eligible to British members (which, admittedly, is 1) your main base of operation plus 2) your primary target audience).

Hindsight edit - also open to Ireland, apparently...give the Land of Redheads some love for me, would you kindly. :3

No, as many companies they will sale your data for big money
When I looked at the prizes my first thought was, what's the catch?! Companies don't just give expensive stuff like this away unless they were getting something of greater value in return. I checked the link to get the details and saw they wanted access to all my social media accounts. Even if I lived in the UK that would be a big fat nope. It's just a sceme to suck up everyone's meta data and sell it to third parties. These corporations are very rude with how they handle our data.

When I looked at the prizes my first thought was, what's the catch?! Companies don't just give expensive stuff like this away unless they were getting something of greater value in return. I checked the link to get the details and saw they wanted access to all my social media accounts. Even if I lived in the UK that would be a big fat nope. It's just a sceme to suck up everyone's meta data and sell it to third parties. These corporations are very rude with how they handle our data.
The one good thing about that is i don't use social media at all.

B is standard for pretty much all internet based (and other) competitions these days.

As an Aussie I figured I would be disqualified anyway :(

I could sign up for the junk mail though... I can always use more junk mail :)
Yup, fill em up with garbage data, give em stupid answers to survey's. Gotta slow down the singularity. Google makes me LOL, they've been trying to seel me cars for over 10 years and I don't even have a driving license. I love to fill their data with fake news. Then lol at advertisers paying them to give unwanted offers to ppl that troll them again directly.

View attachment 226874

Greetings Commanders,

To celebrate the launch of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey on PC, we’ve teamed up with OverClockers UK who are giving away some fantastic prizes!

1st Prize

2nd Prize
  • Overclockers UK Pyrite Gaming PC – Intel Core i5 with RTX 3060 GPU

3rd Prize
  • Overclockers UK Pyrite Gaming PC – Intel Core i5 with RTX 3060 GPU

This monster of a competition has already started so head here to enter! We’ll also have many other amazing opportunities to win prizes throughout the next few weeks so keep an eye out for those.

O7
Nice Prizes.. i wont be entering as my rig is much more than whats on offer as a prize (but thats just me :) thought the Lazer Etctched Logo looks nice.. good luck to all whom enter however o7 CMDR's

For an international company and an internationally played game to only have a UK/ROI competition is a bit weak. Wouldn't it make more sense to have local giveaways in the countries that have large userbases of your products?

Top Bottom