Suit and Gun Locations - Where to get your fix

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
That's owned by the controlling faction so it's Public Holiday. I'm pretty sure it'd be based on the state of the owner of the asset if it's based on the state at all.
It would be a pretty cool thing if certain services are not available in war states by removing the man at the desk. It would look less like a bug if they put up a sign on the desk to say "Sorry, due to the ongoing genocide we are currently unable to serve you..."

In one of my discords, someone suggested searching systems by the following;

Government - Corporate
Economy - Industrial
Faction State - None

At the 3 I've been too so far, all have spawned at least a G2 suit.

At Rishaktwai, Mouchez Gateway I found a G3 Manticore Executioner and G2 suit;

1621605871823.png

At Mouchez, there was 1 suit and 8 weapons. I purchased the gun, then moved to Rishaktwali - Whelan Station, which matched the station type as well, when I arrived it took a whole to load in, then seemed to have the same sales, minus the gun above, as Mouchez. Bug, intentional? Not sure, will report more findings soon!

Government - Corporate
Economy - Industrial
Faction State - None

View attachment 228565

At Mouchez, there was 1 suit and 8 weapons. I purchased the gun, then moved to Rishaktwali - Whelan Station, which matched the station type as well, when I arrived it took a whole to load in, then seemed to have the same sales, minus the gun above, as Mouchez. Bug, intentional? Not sure, will report more findings soon!
My god I want that gun :D

Maybe not bothered by the scope though, but I definitely want a G3 with a free slot to whack something in!

I’m really glad everyone is collaborating to get the good equipment shared out among players.

I am utterly infuriated that this is even a thing. Random loot from vendors is the opposite of a gameplay loop.

The game is rewarding us by working together on the forums instead of working together... in the game.

So more data for the science.

The G2 dominator @Retropolitan shared had gone by the time someone else came to get it but they took over 30 minutes to arrive.

I kept the window open and tried to buy it (and it is still showing) but I get this:

1621607810333.png

So that's answered one definite point: If it's gone, you cannot buy it even if you've kept your instance open. The only question that's left now is... how long does it take to go, if it goes without someone taking it?

This needs two players working together quickly to work. I may try it with my friend tonight. At least then we can minimise the out of control factors (like sharing it on the forum and someone else nipping in to grab it without telling anyone).

Last edited:
HIP 108971 - Crossfield Hub (M)

2 Manticore Dominator suits; G3 with Improved Battery as below, 11,250,000... I've purchased this.
G3 with no mods - 3,750,000 This should still be there.

Karma C44 G3 No Mods - 1,875,000 ... I purchased this.
Manticore Opressor G2 No Mods - 625,000. This should still be there.

20210521154043_1.jpg

Government - Corporate
Economy - Industrial
Faction State - None

The two shops I've found have both been in Democracies; one in none state, one in Boom+Civil Liberty.

In fact there's no evidence of a pattern so far. Government, station economy, and states aren't conclusive factors; local rep doesn't seem to matter at all.

There may be one or more factors that increase the likelihood of upgraded items appearing in a way that would be hard to test. You'd need massive quantities of data.

This is interesting! It suggests that items are persistent system-wide until they're purchased by someone.

The two shops I've found have both been in Democracies; one in none state, one in Boom+Civil Liberty.

In fact there's no evidence of a pattern so far. Government, station economy, and states aren't conclusive factors; local rep doesn't seem to matter at all.

There may be one or more factors that increase the likelihood of upgraded items appearing in a way that would be hard to test. You'd need massive quantities of data.

This is interesting! It suggests that items are persistent system-wide until they're purchased by someone.
Yeah - that will raise Spock's eyebrow. "It took me 10 minutes to FSD over here from that station and you can get the stock from over there in five seconds?"

I think you are looking for increased headshot damage!
lol that thing doesn't need to be aimed at the head :) I'm going to post a video at some point (got a ton in the works) to show why.

I want the silencer just to see if I can stealth instagib unshielded NPCs with it and not get detected :) But I think the quick switch mod would be the most useful. Being able to switch to and from it faster would be great. Or reload speed if that's a thing.

My god I want that gun :D

Maybe not bothered by the scope though, but I definitely want a G3 with a free slot to whack something in!
I have all the guns but despite dong more than a few missions I've barely fired any of them, I'm usually mobbed to death before I can make any kind of judgment on what's good. From what I heard the Executioner while powerful the projectile is VERY slow so enemies hear it and have time to doge it at distance, The scope is apparently useless but it makes a great up close hip fire weapon

I have all the guns but despite dong more than a few missions I've barely fired any of them, I'm usually mobbed to death before I can make any kind of judgment on what's good. From what I heard the Executioner while powerful the projectile is VERY slow so enemies hear it and have time to doge it at distance, The scope is apparently useless but it makes a great up close hip fire weapon
It's awesome. I used it exclusively (and the AR50 to finish off unshielded targets when between reloads) to get my 10 CZs for the engineer. It's great at any range but definitely better from close to mid range as you say. Long range it's OK. Just not worth bothering with so much although it's fine if the target isn't aware of you and you can catch them when they're still.

It's awesome. I used it exclusively (and the AR50 to finish off unshielded targets when between reloads) to get my 10 CZs for the engineer. It's great at any range but definitely better from close to mid range as you say. Long range it's OK. Just not worth bothering with so much although it's fine if the target isn't aware of you and you can catch them when they're still.
Yeah I have been avoiding any real combat because I just feel "squishy" and have just been doing the Restore Power missions so using my G3 Maverick. Most have failed because I end up getting mobbbed. I need to try out my Dominator with the Executioner/AR50 combo

Yeah I have been avoiding any real combat because I just feel "squishy" and have just been doing the Restore Power missions so using my G3 Maverick. Most have failed because I end up getting mobbbed. I need to try out my Dominator with the Executioner/AR50 combo
It's not so easy to use against swarms. I'd suggest sticking with the TK Aphelion or the SMG version as a shield stripper until you've practiced the Executioner in a CZ (where you have loads more time to practice with it).

Low intensity CZs are like the training grounds of Odyssey combat...

Can I ask, whenever you see these items are they always the first on the list (to the left)? I noticed that but I want to be sure. Saves me needing to constantly scroll to the right every time.

Can I ask, whenever you see these items are they always the first on the list (to the left)? I noticed that but I want to be sure. Saves me needing to constantly scroll to the right every time.
I have a G3 Submachine gun(TK-18?) That is G3 but has no mods but it was at a shop with just about everything so I had to slide the list over, You can filter it ibottom left so you don't miss anytihng

Domino Green does reduced tool energy use, enhanced tracking and extra backpack capacity for suits, as well as stability and greater range for weapons.
Enhanced tracking increases the range and speeds up your passive scan when looking at a target while stability reduces recoil. Reduced tool energy use and backpack capacity do what they say on the tin.
I've yet to test the range mod but it claims to increase "effective" range which seems like a lie for a number of weapons unless it also improves projectile speed or spread. The executioner projectile in particular is so slow that an unaware AI being "sniped" has time to hear the round in fight, turn around, see it, stare at it in bewilderment for a moment, recognize that it's made of death and then duck. I swear I saw one guy even take a coffee break.

I got a nice plasma autorifle G3 with higher accuracy mod. No idea where I got it though sadly.

Screenshot_0170.jpg

Yes. Last time I saw one it even took a millisecond to load, I saw 9 weapons at the shop but at first there were only 8 and then the 9th was there , on the complete left side.
Nearly missed it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom