Suit and Gun Locations - Where to get your fix

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The two shops I've found have both been in Democracies; one in none state, one in Boom+Civil Liberty.

In fact there's no evidence of a pattern so far. Government, station economy, and states aren't conclusive factors; local rep doesn't seem to matter at all.

There may be one or more factors that increase the likelihood of upgraded items appearing in a way that would be hard to test. You'd need massive quantities of data.

This is interesting! It suggests that items are persistent system-wide until they're purchased by someone.
I think you're correct, but I think it'll take EDMC et all auto harvesting the data from passersby before we'll be able to spot any pattern, partly for the sheer numbers but also to eliminate people purchasing them and distorting the values, if it is indeed a limited purchase opportunity.

So far, I'm not finding anything but Dominators for suits at these Corporate/Industrial stations, could be coincidence again, so I may swap to some of the types you've visited to see if it finds others.

Regarding duplicated inventory, who knows with how wonky this release has been! But always best to report all data rather than prejudice it!

I got a nice plasma autorifle G3 with higher accuracy mod. No idea where I got it though sadly.

View attachment 228602

Yes. Last time I saw one it even took a millisecond to load, I saw 9 weapons at the shop but at first there were only 8 and then the 9th was there , on the complete left side.
Nearly missed it.

Same here; all higher mods appear to the left, but it can open in the middle of the offers.

Domino Green does reduced tool energy use, enhanced tracking and extra backpack capacity for suits, as well as stability and greater range for weapons.
Enhanced tracking increases the range and speeds up your passive scan when looking at a target while stability reduces recoil. Reduced tool energy use and backpack capacity do what they say on the tin.
I've yet to test the range mod but it claims to increase "effective" range which seems like a lie for a number of weapons unless it also improves projectile speed or spread. The executioner projectile in particular is so slow that an unaware AI being "sniped" has time to hear the round in fight, turn around, see it, stare at it in bewilderment for a moment, recognize that it's made of death and then duck. I swear I saw one guy even take a coffee break.
That all sounds pretty good I'm sure it will take me forever to get the mats for any of it I'm not having any luck getting any of the new mats so far nor do I really know where to look, My priority right now is to get the Push which I assume I will find exploring planets and hopefully get some of the other mats in the rprocess

I got a nice plasma autorifle G3 with higher accuracy mod. No idea where I got it though sadly.

View attachment 228602

Yes. Last time I saw one it even took a millisecond to load, I saw 9 weapons at the shop but at first there were only 8 and then the 9th was there , on the complete left side.
Nearly missed it.
Thanks.

The more I see stuff the less I think state has anything to do with it. It's way too random so far.

What's predictable is we can share it with others if we don't want it. So that G3 one I'd share because I'm not fussed about the oppressor.

Domino Green does reduced tool energy use, enhanced tracking and extra backpack capacity for suits, as well as stability and greater range for weapons.
Enhanced tracking increases the range and speeds up your passive scan when looking at a target while stability reduces recoil. Reduced tool energy use and backpack capacity do what they say on the tin.
I've yet to test the range mod but it claims to increase "effective" range which seems like a lie for a number of weapons unless it also improves projectile speed or spread. The executioner projectile in particular is so slow that an unaware AI being "sniped" has time to hear the round in fight, turn around, see it, stare at it in bewilderment for a moment, recognize that it's made of death and then duck. I swear I saw one guy even take a coffee break.
I'm guessing it just reduces damage fall off at range. Probably less useful for the Executioner even if it was hitscan, as it's already deadly at any range (if you hit).

Can I ask, whenever you see these items are they always the first on the list (to the left)? I noticed that but I want to be sure. Saves me needing to constantly scroll to the right every time.
They seem to stick to the left but also with like models. I saw a G2 zenith to the left of it's G1 cousin but to the right of a G1 aphelion.

I had a theory that it's helped by being in orbit with a planet that has a certain type of settlement (that produces things) but I just checked and one example had none at all. But there might be something in that. Ie it may be more likely if there are lots of manufacturing settlements in the system that are owned by the same faction.

It's not so easy to use against swarms. I'd suggest sticking with the TK Aphelion or the SMG version as a shield stripper until you've practiced the Executioner in a CZ (where you have loads more time to practice with it).

Low intensity CZs are like the training grounds of Odyssey combat...
What about Executioner/Shotgun Combo?
Also the CZ you sign up at the desk no? Just gonna give it a go and test some weapons and my useless combat skills

What about Executioner/Shotgun Combo?
Also the CZ you sign up at the desk no? Just gonna give it a go and test some weapons and my useless combat skills
I tried the executioner and found it lacking. Two shots and reload is ugh. And it's just far too limited for that. That's not to say that it'd be a bad combination though, if you enjoy the shotgun.

For CZs the best way to try them out is at FS desk, yes. You can do them other ways but that's a good way to find a low intensity.

Yep it is!

Did anyone yet find higher grade stuff at outposts, or is it starports only?

I feel I only found stuff at starports...
Finally got back to the bubble to have a look. Here’s what I found on my travels this morning - all systems were in boom state. I visited every oupost & station in Djaghire, almost all of the outposts had G2/3 stuff. NONE of the stations did.

Fang Frazetta Terminal G3 Maverick

Djera Chertovsky dock 2x G2 Artemis increased sprint / increased damage resistance

G2 TK eclipse increased headshot damage

Nauresanoy Emshwillers Claim hitech G3 Maverick - improved jump

Djaghire Brom hub industrial outpost G2 Artemis G 2 karma l-6 - increased mag size G3 Karma L-6 - increased headshot damage

Safdie station Industrial outpost G3 Dominator - extra backpack g2 TK Zenith

Nojiri port Industrial outpost G2 Maverick G2 Karma L-6

Piazzi port Industrial outpost G3 Artemis G2 Karma P-15

I tried the executioner and found it lacking. Two shots and reload is ugh. And it's just far too limited for that. That's not to say that it'd be a bad combination though, if you enjoy the shotgun.

For CZs the best way to try them out is at FS desk, yes. You can do them other ways but that's a good way to find a low intensity.
Yeah I mean I’m already at a station use a terminal to mess with load outs see what works

HIP 108971 - Crossfield Hub (M)

2 Manticore Dominator suits; G3 with Improved Battery as below, 11,250,000... I've purchased this.
G3 with no mods - 3,750,000 This should still be there.

Karma C44 G3 No Mods - 1,875,000 ... I purchased this.
Manticore Opressor G2 No Mods - 625,000. This should still be there.

View attachment 228585
They also had 2 suits at Yerka Platform in the same system - one Maverick G3 with extra sprint distance and an Artemis G2 with no extra mods. However, they're gone now since I bought them. There's 1 G3 TK Zenith pistol with scope modification going for 3.75M Cr.

Finally got back to the bubble to have a look. Here’s what I found on my travels this morning - all systems were in boom state. I visited every oupost & station in Djaghire, almost all of the outposts had G2/3 stuff. NONE of the stations did.

Fang Frazetta Terminal G3 Maverick

Djera Chertovsky dock 2x G2 Artemis increased sprint / increased damage resistance

G2 TK eclipse increased headshot damage

Nauresanoy Emshwillers Claim hitech G3 Maverick - improved jump

Djaghire Brom hub industrial outpost G2 Artemis G 2 karma l-6 - increased mag size G3 Karma L-6 - increased headshot damage

Safdie station Industrial outpost G3 Dominator - extra backpack g2 TK Zenith

Nojiri port Industrial outpost G2 Maverick G2 Karma L-6

Piazzi port Industrial outpost G3 Artemis G2 Karma P-15
Hah you find a dozen and I've found not one. Everyone seems to be able to find them except me.

Okay the desk has nothin, how else can I get some novice combat practice? Trying the Aphlelon with a Carbine

Enhanced Tracking also increases your backpack's item capacity, which isn't boosted as much as the others with the Backpack Capacity blueprint.
Yeah I noticed that bug too. It's not deleting extra lines from the description if you mouse over a mod with more changes and then mouse over one with less, so the tool energy mod looks like it also upgrades backpack component and item storage. If you look at the storage mod first.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom