Please make Elite Stars (prestige) ranks retroactive.

they appear to be the same as the initial elite ranks. for example every billion credits of trade will equal another elite rank I-V and are not retroactive. i don't know that they actually serve a purpose other than prestige. the biggest reward is hitting that first elite for the founders world permit.

i get why some people would be upset with that, but seeing as its a rather meaningless title it doesn't really matter. my point is i don't even know why they are in the game at all. they don't matter and no one sees them.

i wonder if its a logistical problem. if they only track progress to the next rank, it may not be possible to apply retroactively. basically what im saying is if they don't track your entire progress history (it would be horribly inefficient), it may not be possible for them to apply this retroactively.

they appear to be the same as the initial elite ranks. for example every billion credits of trade will equal another elite rank I-V and are not retroactive. i don't know that they actually serve a purpose other than prestige. the biggest reward is hitting that first elite for the founders world permit.

i get why some people would be upset with that, but seeing as its a rather meaningless title it doesn't really matter. my point is i don't even know why they are in the game at all. they don't matter and no one sees them.

i wonder if its a logistical problem. if they only track progress to the next rank, it may not be possible to apply retroactively. basically what im saying is if they don't track your entire progress history (it would be horribly inefficient), it may not be possible for them to apply this retroactively.
Being Elite V in something doesn't make you better, it just means you spent more time doing something. It's a [male appendage] measuring contest for people who think they're better than others when they're really not.

For these new Elite ranks to mean anything then they must include everything our Commander has done since he stepped in his first Sidewinder. Just because they became Elite doesn't mean they stopped doing what they were good at. @Arthur Tolmie please check this thread and take the feedback to the office and get our Commanders recognised for ALL their achievements and not just part of their lives.

So let me get this straight...

I have enough XP to get CQC Elite 10 times.... I was actually about to retire from CQC after that.

So to get CQC Elite V I need to play more - and get 5 more CQC Elite ranks? Like for real?

FDevs??
Mp2RZs8.jpg

Last edited:
Added a 'can reproduce' to the issue tracker & voted. Hopefully just a simple oversight that will be quickly corrected, it is obviously incorrectly displayed at the moment.

Words cannot really express how F word beyond all recognition this idea is.
Took pride in triple elite? Well bad luck you now have to reach triple elite FIVE times to get back to where you were
Loved the lore, the mythos of the dark wheel and raxla.. Bad luck, that's all be retconned into oblivion
37 years of lore, stories and memories of hitting the highest rank in the Elite Universe.. Bad luck now you need to do it five times more

It's not like a prestige rank, or a 5th dan or whatever.. It's like this
If you follow soccer Chelsea won the champions league yesterday, and right now all their fans are celebrating because their team has won the most prestigious club trophy in Europe and for a year they think their team is the best in Europe.
Except all of a sudden EUFA say "Sorry Chelsea you are a Rank D Champions league winner. You need to win it at least as many times as Liverpool or Real Madrid to be considered as good as they are.." So on your trophy it wont read "Chelsea, Champion league winner. But Chelsea Champions league winner II" On Liverpool's it'll champion league winner V

It has Z E R O extra gameplay.. Z E RO extra Benefit.. No one wanted it.. No one asked for it.. But the cost is not just devastating the whole history of the game but effectively demoting every player who took pride in their achievements.

Tbh I am more motivated not to earn a single extra credit or kill anything in case I roll over and end up having to look at the steaming pile of <insert angry expletive) game design that this is.

Last edited:
I don't have particularly strong feelings as to whether PF rank progression should stop at Elite or not. I am aware of some of the lore, but I'm not hardcore in that respect.

I've been thinking about this for a couple days, since I read this thread... If we're ONLY counting progress made since Odyssey came out for these new ranks, I suppose that is being done to level the field so that newer players and veterans have a similar chance to progress. I get the idea there. My question would be, if that's the goal, to level the playing field, then why not reset everyone's accounts with Odyssey? Wouldn't THAT level the playing field? Wouldn't THAT be how you bring everyone into balance again?

The answer is no... because you're disrespecting your veteran's time investment and you risk running them off by resetting their account. So then the ranks past Elite should respect the time investment of your veterans and they should be given whatever rank they have earned.

And then on an entirely different level... there's tons of people achieving Trade Elite V while at the same time there are multiple threads talking about a trading exploit. I'm NOT saying everyone with Trade Elite V is utilizing this exploit, but it is suspicious to me. (I myself gained billions in one day selling a carrier full of LTD that I laser mined myself in a triple hotspot, without using the egg) FDev need to either address the exploiters and remove the ranks or endorse the behavior and we can all use it to get Trade Elite V. I tend to think FDev MAY remove the credits from the exploiters, but will likely leave the rank. But I guess time will tell.

To echo something someone else said.... Seems like something no one really asked for?

The thing with this is that regardless of individual preference it's not working.

I'm triple Elite & have been for years. If stats apply retrospectively I should be at least a couple of levels above Elite, but that isn't displayed. Conceivably I could be 100% maxed out (5*) on all three ranks but I don't see any indication of stars.

However even if it starts counting only from the Odd launch I should still not see 100% Elite, it should be showing 8% Elite* or whatever because of the stuff I've done recently.

It's hardly a game breaking bug but it's something that was put into the patch notes that isn't working properly whichever way you look at it :)

I have been triple elite for 2-3 years so before mining and pax destroyed two of the elites .
Why the change ? Triple elite was a goal now you have downgraded that to nothing . And don't get me started on the point and click elite for xeno biologist . Or Merc .
LEAVE IT BE !
Can you at least have a discussion on why you thought it was a good idea ?
The more I see the less I want .

I have been triple elite for 2-3 years so before mining and pax destroyed two of the elites .
Why the change ? Triple elite was a goal now you have downgraded that to nothing . And don't get me started on the point and click elite for xeno biologist . Or Merc .
LEAVE IT BE !
Can you at least have a discussion on why you thought it was a good idea ?
The more I see the less I want .
Changed irrevocably by naïve millennial newcomers eager to make a mark or a stamp or something whatever they call it now mate. NO clue but instant everything, like T-Ball trophies for participating

Top Bottom