Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Hey I spent X amount of dollars on a broken shell of a game so will tell others to do so as well so can feel better about my decision. Having fun, promise.

:cool:
Hey I hate a game whatever the company is doing so will tell others to never buy what I think is a crap (but don't know really because I don't play it). And if you have fun in it, it's because your are too stupid.

I've been away for a couple of years, lurking, watching... waiting for my moment to strike .. planning my heinous <strike>crime</strike>post with patient care ...

... and I cannot believe that SC is still in the same undead state it was two years ago, let alone four or five. Progress has been made, but not much, and heaps more technical debt has been piled on top, like damp earth on top of a coffin. I know some people are enjoying it, and that's great, but it still stinks like a con to me. I just cannot see the brilliant aims or fandreams being achieved this side of the heat death of the universe.

Anyway, before anyone suggests I join a free fly week, my main PC (bought with the proceeds from the sale of ARM in 2016) was killed by the EDO alpha. I'm unsure if the mb just overheated, or if it committed hari-kari at the game's state. ;)

Having fun in the same tiny leaky fishtank year after year seems to get stale for Morphologis. Comments are nice to read are they don't look plagued (yet) by white knights or evil trolls.

Morphologis is a huge SC streamer, its good to see him put out some criticism, absolutely true criticism, if there is one SC streamer who CIG might sit up and listen to its Morphologis

Edit: i copied his name from the youtube channel and the forum hyper linked it, ok fine but i told the forum to stop hyperlinking it, even deleted it and copied the name from a note pad.
The forum is completely ignoring me.

Last edited:
The crossover that we never knew that we needed... Sarcastic legal Twitter vs Star Citizen

1623422169063.png

I confuse nothing. They won't magically make it the game promised but with the tech they work on atm.

Ummm, but you say what exists shows you they can deliver what they promised and used your fun of that as justification for it.

They are not connected. But what they are delivered to date with the time and money they have is not a good indication they can deliver on what they have promised. Its the complete opposite. With their current spending, velocity, and humorous misteps, they are looking at decades and billions of dollars required to deliver on what they promised.

And that's no exaggeration. If anything, its being kind.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Like when you promise ship interiors in your kickstarter ?

That is a business intention and plan, not a promise. Apple is also planning to sell foldable iphones in a few years, but hasnt done it yet. Not a promise either.

CIG has actually pre sold and cashed in money in exchange for all Kickstarter and Strechgoal promises, among many other things, undelivered 9+ years on. Those are actual committments and liabilities owed to the backers.

That is a business intention and plan, not a promise. Apple is also planning to sell foldable iphones in a few years, but hasnt done it yet. Not a promise either.

CIG has actually pre sold and cashed in money in exchange for all Kickstarter and Strechgoal promises, among many other things, undelivered 9+ years on. Those are actual committments and liabilities owed to the backers.
Exactly! "Intend", "want to" don't mean promises. And actually in the KS walking in our ships is never mentioned (except from "boarding enemy vessels").

Yes, and this is my biggest problem with Star Citizen. As a dude who used to work in game dev, priorities and mechanics are dropped or shifted around all the time. Tent-pole features might not be feasible or fun and need to be dropped or massively changed. It sucks, but hey, that's the nature of game development. But if you pre-sell those features, you're on the hook for making them a reality or refunding the pre-orders when you can't deliver. It opens you up to huge liabilities.

Any sane game dev at the ten year mark of an unreleased product would've dropped a ton, a TON of Star Citizen's promised features until they got the basics of the game feeling right. They would not have pre-sold capital ships for thousands of dollars until they knew the technology was in place to create that gameplay.

What Star Citizen promised, they simply can't deliver with their current engine and staff. They'd have to go back to the beginning and still might not be able to achieve what they've pre-sold. They're on the hook for tens -- if not hundreds -- of millions of dollars of pre-ordered DLC for a pre-ordered game stuck in pre-alpha development hell.

You do have more oversight now -- between whatever 3rd party the Calders brought in (still don't have a company name for em) to review monthly and quarterly progress and Turbulent taking over more and more responsibilities (including Server Meshing), I do think you'll get some kind of "release" in the next three to six years. But it will be extremely, extremely tamped down from whatever zany promises Chris & Co made over the last ten years.

Watching streamers melt down over the last "No Capital Ship PvP" leak will give you a glimpse of what's to come here in the next 36 months.

if there is one SC streamer who CIG might sit up and listen to its Morphologis
unpopular opinion: I would like CIG listen to the community instead of popular streamers.

I will sound like an ignorant but in the case of Morphologist I stopped watching his content after he and his friends called traders lazy for waiting for hours in a pad at a trading post, waiting for the supply to come up again, but then proceed to praise pirates for doing the same thing… waiting for hours at the same location hoping that their prey appears… they even said it was hard work…

same with those streamers that tried to convince some backers that the PvP slider was still there just not accesible to the players…. kudos to them for making me laugh 😂

But I recon that I might be an ignorant person that hates hypocrisy and unfair gameplay.

unpopular opinion: I would like CIG listen to the community instead of popular streamers.

I will sound like an ignorant but in the case of Morphologist I stopped watching his content after he and his friends called traders lazy for waiting for hours in a pad at a trading post, waiting for the supply to come up again, but then proceed to praise pirates for doing the same thing… waiting for hours at the same location hoping that their prey appears… they even said it was hard work…

same with those streamers that tried to convince some backers that the PvP slider was still there just not accesible to the players…. kudos to them for making me laugh 😂

But I recon that I might be an ignorant person that hates hypocrisy and unfair gameplay.

In this case he's megaphoning some of the complaints the community has.

Top Bottom