Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

In this case he's megaphoning some of the complaints the community has.
That might be the case… but how would a developer know that in fact the thing one streamer or x amount of streamers is/are saying represents what the community wants?

Yes, they are part of the community too but can we agree that SC community can’t possibly be represented by any amount of streamers?

It's newsworthy because Morphologis is one of the biggest defenders of the game. He even has a "scam" emote. Hur dur dur! Funny!

This guy is probably directly responsible for thousands of people getting taken in by this scam.

Eh, streamers do stuff for views. Do not expect them to be journalists. Actual journalists from the BBC managing to make fluff pieces on SC, multiple times, is far worse.

Mainstream media has been strangely quiet on CIG ever since that Forbes article.
I used to laugh at crowdfunding in general at my office. The head of our IT dept. would occasionally drop a line about SC in particular.

When the Forbes article went to print (I work at a finance firm - granted, it's in content strategy), suddenly everyone took notice. The most positive take was "Short-term gains at the cost of your name and reputation." The worst take was not touching any prospective client who even came close to the crowdfunding model.

Next to Theranos, SC is the example in commercial finance of how not to do things and provide real value to your audience or returns to investors (and stay in business for future growth).

EDIT: But hey, they signed that 10-year lease, so maybe they've found that unicorn refuge for longevity (or maybe they want to look healthy to future investors as they slowly sell off the company as an exit strategy), who knows?

Last edited:
I used to laugh at crowdfunding in general at my office. The head of our IT dept. would occasionally drop a line about SC in particular.

When the Forbes article went to print (I work at a finance firm - granted, it's in content strategy), suddenly everyone took notice. The most positive take was "Short-term gains at the cost of your name and reputation." The worst take was not touching any prospective client who even came close to the crowdfunding model.

Next to Theranos, SC is the example in commercial finance of how not to do things and provide real value to your audience or returns to investors (and stay in business for future growth).
I don't think the future growth of Ci¬G as a game development studio was ever on the cards...the idiot Roberts was always fully intent on the magnum opus of Sqn 42 being his swansong then vanishing into ignominy with the proceeds. He'll continue to starve the incomplete side venture of Star Citizen of development resources as Sqn 42 gets nearer to release due to ever diminishing returns balanced against further development costs.

Ci¬G as a game development concern will never produce another game or project after Sqn 42...that's even assuming they ever finish the one they started in the first place. :)

Last edited:
I don't think the future growth of Ci¬G as a game development studio was ever on the cards...the idiot Roberts was always fully intent on the magnum opus of Sqn 42 being his swansong then vanishing into ignominy with the proceeds. He'll continue to starve the incomplete side venture of Star Citizen of development resources as Sqn 42 gets nearer to release due to ever diminishing returns balanced against further development costs.

Ci¬G as a game development concern will never produce another game or project after Sqn 42...that's even assuming they ever finish the one they started in the first place. :)
I'm fairly certain at this point that Roberts took a very bass-ackwards approach to the as-yet released Squadron 42 by including it in the kickstarter campaign. Over the past decade, the people who were interested in this unseen (yet amazingly star-studded) game already shelled out for it, thereby removing any proceeds.

If it is truly amazing and manages to double sales after release, then that would be one hell of an achievement. But as things stand, Roberts managed to simultaneously create the initial demand and then saturate his own market.

It's newsworthy because Morphologis is one of the biggest defenders of the game. He even has a "scam" emote. Hur dur dur! Funny!

This guy is probably directly responsible for thousands of people getting taken in by this scam.

He has the most referrals out of anyone. 8,127 right now.

Chris probably doesn't need to make and be accountable for his "swan(poop)song" anymore with the millions he and his clan have gathered. He could already leave hands clean with just the idea of the "masterpiece that could have been".

Last edited:
For the few videos I had the will to go through despite his tone, I don't find Morphologis' "architect pov" that interesting because it's too focused on aesthetical than practical analysis, let alone level design analysis. He may be good at his job irl, he wouldn't as a level designer.

This person CIGs!

Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 23.55.14.png

I am now using this https://smoothtrack.app/

Works really well and no additional device or cable hustle.
I recently picked up this app as well to use for Elite! I got my first HOTAS ever in the x56 and while I fiddle with learning how to fly with a throttle and stick, I've found that I miss the ease of headlooking with a mouse. A bit hard to do with a throttle and stick when you're turning all about and you're also trying to process looking around using an analog stick.

It's a very easy to setup app. Only thing though is that its only limitation is that you have to use your phone. Have you found a way to use it for a prolonged period of time while keeping your phone battery charged?

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I recently picked up this app as well to use for Elite! I got my first HOTAS ever in the x56 and while I fiddle with learning how to fly with a throttle and stick, I've found that I miss the ease of headlooking with a mouse. A bit hard to do with a throttle and stick when you're turning all about and you're also trying to process looking around using an analog stick.

It's a very easy to setup app. Only thing though is that its only limitation is that you have to use your phone. Have you found a way to use it for a prolonged period of time while keeping your phone battery charged?
Yeah, I have it at one of those flexible inclination charging docks on my desk just below the monitor.

I would like to also ask if the app is susceptible to being interrupted by incoming call or any other device’s notification?

imagine loosing head tracking due to a call or message 🤣

Yeah, I have it at one of those flexible inclination charging docks on my desk just below the monitor.
I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T CONSIDER THAT! To the Amazon machine!
I would like to also ask if the app is susceptible to being interrupted by incoming call or any other device’s notification?

imagine loosing head tracking due to a call or message 🤣
I haven't received a phone call while using it, so I can't speak on that end. But otherwise, no other notifications have messed up the app or the head tracking. I'm on Android also, if it helps. I'll update this post if I receive any phone calls while using it 😂

Top Bottom