A Call For Frontier To Put VR Legs On The Upcoming Road Map

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Refunding won't increase your chances of getting better VR support, just saying...
Might be , but you never know.
And why do you think so , ? at least the refund is a direct sign to the frontier devs , as here just we throw the ball to each other with our complain , and do you think that devs will read all of the thousands of pages here in the forum ?
My opinion is that for sure thay got some influence from forum but mostly is for comunity colaboration between each other and a good place where we drop the stone from our hearts ;)
Sincerely im not in a mood that to have much oney to spend for things , and trully i saved hard money to get oddyssey ,also to support this masterpiece of ED , and i was so dissapointed that my refund is calming down my soul , so it worst it.
(I would care of my business , if thousand of refund made by No VR support ,but Im very curious ...lets seein the future )

As for chances of VR in Odyssey, there's no thread, and there's no acknowledgement from them in any shape or form, which leads me to believe that the list of VR questions will be as detailed as the "roadmap". Many fixes and improvements to VR flat screen for all!😂
I guessed if thread for questions was going to happen, it be done by now :-( More stream sniping?

I guessed if thread for questions was going to happen, it be done by now :-( More stream sniping?
I think so, of course it could just be ignored, either on purpose or accidentally, but that would appear to be the only way. Whether any dev will read the comments should a thread be created, that's a different story.

If they don't make a VR-friendly Odyssey down the line, then they won't have me engaging with ED apart from on here, that's a fact.

Me confused, Starlight showed us clip he made from stream where Arthur said for Bruce to make a thread for questions, and we'd get answers about a week later... Wehave questions, we've tagged CM's, but no thread or dev post? How nothing happen? V.Anoying.... :mad::rolleyes:

I'm forgetting... Did he actually say he'd start a thread to take opinions and suggestions, or was it that he'd compile a list (on his own), which he could do simply by silently reading threads like this one?

I'm forgetting... Did he actually say he'd start a thread to take opinions and suggestions, or was it that he'd compile a list (on his own), which he could do simply by silently reading threads like this one?

He said he’d get Bruce to make a thread (because he was going on holiday).

We’ve had lag like this before with submission threads. Will probably happen, just need to keep knocking on the door.

Hi @Bruce G :)

Using DLSS would mean rewrite a whole inhouse engine to get it from DX11 to DX12 and rework every single shader ingame if it gets extreme. As they seem to have enough problems fixing things already I think this may be a tad to optimistic :)
Enabling basic VR legs support sounds like a piece of cake in comparison in my eyes.

Not that I would not like some more up-to-date APIs in there myself.
Was just searching for posts about DLSS and your reply here seems the closest to any actual technical answer. And is a bit sad. So is it basically the case that Elite will always be graphically essentially a 2010 era game because since they are using a custom engine, there's literally no way to get DLSS or Ray Tracing except for them to basically hand code another engine from scratch built on more modern tech? And then port the game to it?

Wouod that be as much work as it sounds like? To me, that sounds like a "never going to happen" kind of project. Meaning Elite will be a dead end game at some point in a few years as dx11 eventually becomes deprecated?

On the up side, the game looks good considering its built on a tech stack that's what, 10 or 12 years old now?

Never say never.... Frontier added volumetric water to cobra for JWE, Physically Based Rendering (work in progress) and First Person for Odyssey... So, when RTX cards are more common, they might add RTX / DLSS etc. AMD are pushing a more open Raytracing standard, maybe Frontier will add that later for another game, and that tech will trickle down to Elite.

They just stated on the stream that there are no plans to refine the VR experience further in Odyssey beyond fixing the bugs identified.

A kick in the nether regions for all VR users out there but not a shock given how this company treats its player base.
Thanks for update - "liking" it would be wrong message, but thanks for info :-(

Back to Odyssey VR, I asked clairvoyant what to do, she say:
1623772637684.png

Actually, i feel kind of sad now.
At least now i know, why they phrased it:
"Full VR, not at release."

I feel stupid, because i should´ve known.
Quite shattered.
But at least with the new communication, now we know for sure.

Elite, just 1 month ago, was my favorite VR-Game.
It was on, nearly every Day.
Now, i only play IL-2 and Pavlov.
even tho´ i hop into horizons from time tio time for a smother VR experience.
since i really only bought Odyssey, for future VR

With the merge of Odyssey, end of the Year
my 1080, the new UI,and everything else, will make it hard to continue.

\edit
too late to refund

Last edited:
I guess they only have plans for some targoid first person shooter action and that's all. Initially after release of EOD I was kind of optimistic about the future, but the more they say the words "there are no plans" the more I'm ready to take a break or leave ED for the first time since 2014, since I honestly can't dream with excitement anymore :(

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom