A Call For Frontier To Put VR Legs On The Upcoming Road Map

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Did they ever specify full VR? I don't recall such a definitive comment ever being made.

But, as mentioned above, from the stream today it certainly sounds as if the best coming into VR in Odyssey is a few bug fixes. At least they didn't try to make that comment too positive and jolly! 🤷‍♂️
Yeah I think that comma shouldnt be there :D

ie
full vr not on release
not
full vr, (but) not on release

Actually, i feel kind of sad now.
At least now i know, why they phrased it:
"Full VR, not at release."

I feel stupid, because i should´ve known.
Quite shattered.
But at least with the new communication, now we know for sure.

Elite, just 1 month ago, was my favorite VR-Game.
It was on, nearly every Day.
Now, i only play IL-2 and Pavlov.
even tho´ i hop into horizons from time tio time for a smother VR experience.
since i really only bought Odyssey, for future VR

With the merge of Odyssey, end of the Year
my 1080, the new UI,and everything else, will make it hard to continue.

\edit
too late to refund
Still worth trying to get a refund; I just opened a ticket with customer support.

Before the setting fire begins...

in summary - nothing has changed?

Pretty much.

Wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't related at least in some way to performance. Not necessarily prior to Odyssey, VR represented another thing on the list back then, but now .. if plain view is having performance issues, VR just compounds it?

In the end this is not happening now but worth looking at again I think, once the game is optimised enough for consoles.

VR is essentially axed, at least for now. The trainwreck is still going otherwise. Next stop : consoles.
No VR planned for consoles, they don't have to worry about the 'cinematic' screen on foot 🤷‍♂️

Consoles are 'easier' to develop for (given the fixed hardware specs) - although there may be quite some challenge simplifiying Odyssey to run on my PS4.

Pretty much.

Wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't related at least in some way to performance. Not necessarily prior to Odyssey, VR represented another thing on the list back then, but now .. if plain view is having performance issues, VR just compounds it?

In the end this is not happening now but worth looking at again I think, once the game is optimised enough for consoles.
We think so but does Frontier? Their silence is deafening ..

Pretty much.

How hard would it be for to say "OK - point taken, but you know we gonna haf to fix game befoar we do VR, and or do console launch, right?"

No VR planned for consoles, they don't have to worry about the 'cinematic' screen on foot 🤷‍♂️

Consoles are 'easier' to develop for (given the fixed hardware specs) - although there may be quite some challenge simplifiying Odyssey to run on my PS4.
Yeah, but VR being axed is likely related to performance (with VR, non smooth FPS is bad, like "I'm feeling sick bad"). And as it is, EDO can't be cert for older gen console.
In fact, the minimum requirement for the DLC is not even enough for a cert. And that's before the performance issues.

So yeah, I'm curious to see what happen next.

CVOPYPASE FDev

Currently, Elite Dangerous: Odyssey will not be VR-compatible at launch. We’re big fans of VR and we are truly proud of the amazing experience that we currently offer in Elite Dangerous. However, the new gameplay, mechanics and features that will be introduced with Elite Dangerous: Odyssey means that we had to re-examine if we could deliver that same experience without compromise, which, for launch, means Odyssey will not be VR-compatible.

bold,italic&red for fun

Yeah, but VR being axed is likely related to performance (with VR, non smooth FPS is bad, like "I'm feeling sick bad"). And as it is, EDO can't be cert for older gen console.
In fact, the minimum requirement for the DLC is not even enough for a cert. And that's before the performance issues.

So yeah, I'm curious to see what happen next.
Wait... Lemme see...

Crack, that was my crystal ball after it glimpsed the future...

VR is essentially axed, at least for now. The trainwreck is still going otherwise. Next stop : consoles.
I think "essentially axed" is overstating things though, which is fine, I'm not averse to overstating things on here :) but in this case I think it's just no change.

CVOPYPASE FDev

Currently, Elite Dangerous: Odyssey will not be VR-compatible at launch. We’re big fans of VR and we are truly proud of the amazing experience that we currently offer in Elite Dangerous. However, the new gameplay, mechanics and features that will be introduced with Elite Dangerous: Odyssey means that we had to re-examine if we could deliver that same experience without compromise, which, for launch, means Odyssey will not be VR-compatible.

bold,italic&red for fun
That was ANY vr at the time, wasn't it? Which was changed, for us.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom