COMPLETED CG Engineered Detailed Surface Scanner Initiative (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Well that's just typical, sorry i cant help on this one but as a dedicated explorer I'm currently mapping out in the Formorian Frontier, good luck all guess I'm gonna be grinding materials in a few weeks when I get back to the bubble.

Fly safe o7

Am I correct in assuming this again will not be an "unlockable at technology broker", rather it will be "buyable at technology broker", correct? So after the conclusion of the CG, I will have to pay the price in materials twice, if I want 2 modules. Right?

Thanks.

Am I correct in assuming this again will not be an "unlockable at technology broker", rather it will be "buyable at technology broker", correct? So after the conclusion of the CG, I will have to pay the price in materials twice, if I want 2 modules. Right?

Thanks.
First is FREE for those in 75%, second costs mats... third costs mats... for those in 75%...

If the initiative is successful, Sirius Corporation will gift the module to the top 75% of contributing pilots

out side 75% then every single one costs mats yes, not cost in credits...

Coming up to 1 million nealy allready even with close to station supply issues...
longer distance travel will be required in later days...

It's not double-ranged, though. It gives you 40% scan radius, whereas a regular G5 DSS gives you 30%. But make no mistake: that extra 10% is a huge difference when mapping large planets.
Explanation of the CG DSS "twice the probe coverage":

In DSS engineering there is a base "G0" of +20%. Where does this come from? No one knows (probably meant as a way to make any engineering whatsoever be significant over unengineered).
Completing G1-G5 gives +2% more, additive to this number. So completing G1 is +22%, G2 is +24%, G5 (when maxed) is +30%. CG DSS is +40%. You'll see these numbers in certain places.
Now: 30 (G5) is 50% more than 20 ("G0"). That's where the other number you often see, 50%, comes from. And 40 is two times 20. That's where "twice the coverage" comes from.

That said, I disagree that this is significant. G5 engineering already makes it trivial to hit the efficiency bonus.

Explanation of the CG DSS "twice the probe coverage":

In DSS engineering there is a base "G0" of +20%. Where does this come from? No one knows (probably meant as a way to make any engineering whatsoever be significant over unengineered).
Completing G1-G5 gives +2% more, additive to this number. So completing G1 is +22%, G2 is +24%, G5 (when maxed) is +30%. CG DSS is +40%. You'll see these numbers in certain places.
Now: 30 (G5) is 50% more than 20 ("G0"). That's where the other number you often see, 50%, comes from. And 40 is two times 20. That's where "twice the coverage" comes from.

Good info, thanks! I stand corrected. :)

That said, I disagree that this is significant. G5 engineering already makes it trivial to hit the efficiency bonus.

I agree. Still cool to hit the bonus with only two probes, though, lol.

OTOH, there's the very large planets (+15 probes). I like my 2xDSS handy when those come up.

Am I right in thinking that all the supply locations are planetside? Certainly seems that way so far.

I've scraped together about a hundred tonnes, and I'm still just top 100.

Honestly, I think you guys haven't explored enough if you think the new DSS doesn't make it significantly easier to hit the bonus on some planets. The coverage area scales quadratically with radius, and there are plenty of ELWs, WWs, and so on that are just large enough where a normal rank 5 engineered DSS requires some "maneuvering" (and hence extra time) to hit the scanning bonus.

It's like folks who don't believe dangerous double star jumps that cook your ship exist. They absolutely exist -- I ran into two on my trip to Beagle's Point and back -- they are just fairly rare.

---

Not that it's a huge issue to miss the scanning bonus, to be honest, it's mostly just OCD, for me. So I agree, the new DSS is not a huge issue, it's just that explorers have the option to get it now even if they missed the previous CC because they were out in the black. A nice gesture for them.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think you guys haven't explored enough if you think the new DSS doesn't make it significantly easier to hit the bonus on some planets. The coverage area scales quadratically with radius, and there are plenty of ELWs, WWs, and so on that are just large enough where a normal rank 5 engineered DSS requires some "maneuvering" (and hence extra time) to hit the scanning bonus.

I agreed that the regular G5 DSS already makes it trivial to hit the efficiency bonus, but I maintain my point that the engied version does make a huge difference, specially on very large planets or ringed planets. So I pretty much agree with you as well.

It's like folks who don't believe dangerous double star jumps that cook your ship exist. They absolutely exist -- I ran into two on my trip to Beagle's Point and back -- they are just fairly rare.

Now, THAT's people who haven't explored enough. I've ran into at least two of those systems right here in the Bubble, one of them even landed me INSIDE the main star, lol. Flew away and bam!, another one right next to it. Good thing I have heatsinks on all my ships, otherwise I would have been cooked in seconds.

---

Not that it's a huge issue to miss the scanning bonus, to be honest, it's mostly just OCD, for me.

Same here. I just love hitting that bonus in 3 probes or less, I even get annoyed if for any reason I have to shoot a 4th one. 😆

So I have over 600 Muon Imagers, sitting at Ashby City and cannot figure out how to contribute these! There is nothing allowing me to dump these in the community mission.
I've signed up to the goal and even tried in both Horizons and Odyssey. Anyone able to offer a suggestion?

The profit is strong with this one.

Guessing, I think the hauling profits are going to greatly exceed the final credit payouts.

Ive only bounty based CGs and they always had a dedicated menu option in the mission itself to offload. So no need to be a sm@rt @ss.
Eh ? I agree with you, it's not obvious that you sell in the Commodity Market, and I remember my first CG when I'd already learned to distrust the ED menus enough to ask about it here. But AFAIK there isn't anything different for combat or bounty CGs: you just sell to the relevant Authority Contact.

Eh ? I agree with you, it's not obvious that you sell in the Commodity Market, and I remember my first CG when I'd already learned to distrust the ED menus enough to ask about it here. But AFAIK there isn't anything different for combat or bounty CGs: you just sell to the relevant Authority Contact.
Yeah, I hadn't joined in many CGs as Frontier had stopped doing them for ages when I actually got into the game. I actually read it that I was basically donating what I purchased and shipped over. Is there actually anything that states this is what you have to do?

Sourcing the goods for this CG is a pain in the thrusters. Nothing beats fyling several k LS (after a number of jumps) only to see there are only like 200 units still available. At least I got a G3 Dominator Suit with Faster Shield Reg and a G3 Laser Pistol from this port...in case I ever need that stuff in the future 🤷‍♂️

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom