State of the Game

I just realised what Schrodinger was all about. When you measure something, it changes! If you open the box, instead of being half alive/half dead, it will now be one or the other BECAUSE you looked.

it's not half alive or half dead. It's 100% alive and 100% dead ...not a combination, but a superposition of both states existing at the same time.

it kind of only makes sense when speaking about sub atomic particles... but yea. The looking thing collapses the states into one or the other and is less about someone looking than it is about the thing interacting with an outside force that is impacted by the state that is in superposition. So it "sees" it.

Everytime somebody say "jaffa cake" that's what I imagine it is :
55a78b9d478ac782a2f4bc13d9dd157e.jpg
Teal'c approves! :)

I just realised what Schrodinger was all about. When you measure something, it changes! If you open the box, instead of being half alive/half dead, it will now be one or the other BECAUSE you looked.
IIRC the actual name for this is the heisenberg uncertainly principle. Then again my university physics were a long time ago (and I'm YOLOing this post without googling lol)

SOME of what gets made will be an improvement, and an awful lot won't. Everyone has a different vision of what ED could be. Unfortunately the only people who get to implement their decision are FDev 🤷‍♂️

so you play the some that are an improvement and are free to ignore the rest.

that's the whole point. The garbage doesn't hurt anyone or anything. So it's irrelevant if mods are 80% not what you want. You only need the couple out of all of them that you do want and those couple can be different for everyone and so everyone can tweak it to be closer to their ideal without interfering with anyone else.

so you play the some that are an improvement and are free to ignore the rest.

that's the whole point. The garbage doesn't hurt anyone or anything. So it's irrelevant if mods are 80% not what you want. You only need the couple out of all of them that you do want and those couple can be different for everyone and so everyone can tweak it to be closer to their ideal without interfering with anyone else.
Seriously - I can't think of a single game that has mods that isn't better for it.

ED is probably the only PC game I've played the last 2-3 years that doesn't have modding.

IIRC the actual name for this is the heisenberg uncertainly principle. Then again my university physics were a long time ago (and I'm YOLOing this post without googling lol)

that's you can't know the absolute position of something if you want to know the absolute speed of something and vice versa.

Seriously - I can't think of a single game that has mods that isn't better for it.

ED is probably the only PC game I've played the last 2-3 years that doesn't have modding.

Mods + individual dedicated servers we can setup for the client to connect to. Then fdev can just focus on whatever their vision is for those who want to stay true to the canonical game and play there... and everyone else can make something that they're not getting from fdev and be much happier. everyone wins.

If we could, they wouldn't be able to sell arx. We would be able to change the ship appearance, the voices....Almost everything they sell. Even if it's only for us (and not others in MP). And that's bad for them.
So, they encrypted the files.

Top Bottom