State of the Game

remembers the game creatures... and how a whole subset of the playerbase would troll the other by creating (and streaming) torture sessions ...where they would traumatize the creatures and see how they responded and kill them in various ways to the horror of the players who were less sadistic.

shame that game got stuck in IP hell with companies just passing it back and forth and nobody actually developing anything for it.

Screenshot for proof ?
Even better. How about a screenshot of Poof?

B3B28BFC-E750-427C-88AC-278274EB3B98.jpeg

remembers the game creatures... and how a whole subset of the playerbase would troll the other by creating (and streaming) torture sessions ...where they would traumatize the creatures and see how they responded and kill them in various ways to the horror of the players who were less sadistic.

shame that game got stuck in IP hell with companies just passing it back and forth and nobody actually developing anything for it.
I wouldn't say streaming torture sessions - having @Erei or @Rubbernuke make some memes should be enough...

I spent a whole afternoon trolling my wife by reeducating her creature with a random mix of confusingly stupid words and slaps. Of course, I had first made a copy of the original save file, as otherwise, the previous sentence would have read ex-wife.

The screams when she started interacting with the PSTD-riddled husk of a pet were priceless :ROFLMAO: although ultimately costly 🤕.

The threads about the stock price are LOL. Honestly, if I were an outside CEO brought into Frontier I would probably kill (or sell off) ED pretty quickly and switch to only developing tycoon/park games and publishing games made by others. I bet those tycoon games are way easier/cheaper to develop and are quite lucrative to boot.
They are. And their DLC as super cheap to make and sell like hot cakes.
But then they lose a few hundred thousand dollar on denuvo. But I have a beef with Denuvo, so that may just be me speaking^^

I spent a whole afternoon trolling my wife by reeducating her creature with a random mix of confusingly stupid words and slaps. Of course, I had first made a copy of the original save file, as otherwise, the previous sentence would have read ex-wife.

The screams when she started interacting with the PSTD-riddled husk of a pet were priceless :ROFLMAO: although ultimately costly 🤕.

it was always telling when you got a warped in creature who acted like they just escaped from the basement of someone who only drives beat up white window-less vans and covers his home windows with cardboard.

They are. And their DLC as super cheap to make and sell like hot cakes.
But then they lost a few hundred thousand dollar on denuvo. But I have a beef with Denuvo, so that may just be me speaking^^

and ED is still profitable ...and was started with kickstarter cash. so the risk was low and still is. albeit, the cost to their reputation may be rising.... then again the kind of people who play those other games probably dont even know or care who makes them.

It's a reference to hard seltzer (specifically white claw - one of the most popular brands in the US). Hard Seltzer is all the rage in the US (and has been for at least a couple of years now). Not sure if they drink that kind of uncultured stuff across the pond :) .

FWIW, Hard Seltzer is like the greatest pool/beach/boat drink ever created (I'm partial to the Truly brand myself)
It's like tap water with a bad conscience.. it's horrid!!! I bought some to see what all the rage was and wa utterly disappointed!! Sorry friend but YUCKKKK

and ED is still profitable ...and was started with kickstarter cash. so the risk was low and still is. albeit, the cost to their reputation may be rising.... then again the kind of people who play those other games probably dont even know or care who makes them.
Are you sure it is still profitable?
Kickstarter cash (only around £300,000) will be written off this year - Odyssey was in production for around 3 years with up to 130 developers (from Frontier's own financial statements) so has cost a few millions to develop... All of which has to be recovered to satisfy investors / shareholders, preferably showing a healthy profit. Unless the console version sales are huge, I doubt the development cost will be paid.

It's like tap water with a bad conscience.. it's horrid!!! I bought some to see what all the rage was and wa utterly disappointed!! Sorry friend but YUCKKKK
Well some flavors are like that to me as well (can't stand the sweet stuff)... but I love the grapefruit, etc type flavors.

In any case - after the first few everything kind of goes down easy whatever you are drinking lol

Kickstarter cash (only around £300,000) will be written off this year - Odyssey was in production for around 3 years with up to 130 developers (from Frontier's own financial statements) so has cost a few millions to develop... All of which has to be recovered to satisfy investors / shareholders, preferably showing a health profit. Unless the console version sales are huge, I doubt the development cost will be paid.
It is, going by their bilancing and shareholder presentation. They sold about 12m copies (incl Epic giveaway deal) and make a nice buck out of the cosmetics.

Kickstarter cash (only around £300,000) will be written off this year - Odyssey was in production for around 3 years with up to 130 developers (from Frontier's own financial statements) so has cost a few millions to develop... All of which has to be recovered to satisfy investors / shareholders, preferably showing a health profit. Unless the console version sales are huge, I doubt the development cost will be paid.
Have you seen the prices of suit/gun skins? They won't need to sell too many to cover up the costs...

Top Bottom